Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags fan code

Well the Tacks run will end today today,......
Ravens by 14
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2020, 10:20 AM)Jags Wrote: Last week was different for me.  They were the lesser of two evils in my opinion.  This week, they can flame out.

Same here.

(01-11-2020, 04:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well the Tacks run will end today today,......
Ravens by 14

At least...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I never root for the Titans. However, I will sometimes root for not whoever the titans are playing. Like last week. I didn't root for the Titans, but I certainly rooted for not the Patriots.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

(01-11-2020, 08:07 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: I never root for the Titans. However, I will sometimes root for not whoever the titans are playing. Like last week. I didn't root for the Titans, but I certainly rooted for not the Patriots.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
I agree. It was bittersweet. But after 2017? [BLEEP] New England.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

No no no no... [BLEEP] are the ravens doing. I just got off a plane and saw the score. I’m going to punch the first person from Tennessee I see if this continues.

Say what you may but they have been by far the most impressive team in the AFC the past 3 weeks. Beat Houston to get in the playoffs, handled Pats, took down Ravens...all on the road. They already ousted the Chiefs in November. I despise them but extend sincere congrats to their team and fans for a marvellous feat. #Built for the postseason
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

It’s interesting to see them pulling off the kind of team we tried to build.

Ten. Put that spanking on them kids

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 03:32 AM by KodiakJag. Edit Reason: spelling )

I see myself as a football fan, but the Jags are my favorite team.

I appreciate what the Texans and Titans have accomplished so far this season.  Do I wish it had been the Jags instead?  Absolutely!

I couldn't care less what happened 20 years ago.  When we were in the playoffs 2 years ago, there were fans of our divisional rivals that visited our boards and wished us luck.  It's called being classy.  Maybe some of you should try it sometime and stop being so damned dense.

If in someone's mind me recognizing Texans/Titans good performances means I am not as a good of a Jags fan as them, they can believe whatever they want to in order to feel better about themselves.  I really don't care what they think.  Same goes for "fans" who think they are better than other fans because they (better "Yes" men, really) blindly support every action the team takes and never complain about anything.  Look, if I had a relative that had a problem with drugs, I wouldn't support them in their drug use just because they are a relative.  Sometimes, they need to hear the truth and get a dose of "tough love" to bring them out of their situation.

Finally, I was brought up believing that hoping someone loses only because you couldn't beat them means you're the loser, period.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

If the Titans win the Super Bowl, we can at least say that we beat the champions.

(01-12-2020, 08:44 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: If the Titans win the Super Bowl, we can at least say that we beat the champions.

Back to back champ beaters baby.

well, ravens never got things going and the tacks def came to play
what if the tacks and horns face off for the conference championship?
ack!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I'm not quite as vociferous about it as Kodiak, but I was thinking about it last night before the game.

It's really all about 1999, and I've decided 20 years is enough for a grudge. Other grudges are edging it out for competition, and I can only bear so much. In many ways, the Tacks have followed a track similar to our own - getting close, but not quite there, and enduring humiliating seasons trying and failing to find that elusive franchise QB. They swung and whiffed on Mariotta and Locker the same way we swung and missed on Bortles and Gabbert. They've built good defenses only to squander them on bad teams. We both had to put up with a bunch of Mularkey, too.

And here's what's left from 1999, aside from cities and fans, for both teams: Nothing. The owners, players, coaches are all gone. The stadiums are rebuilt. Their underrated QB from 1999 is dead, ours acheived not quite HOF but at least is still with us. Fred and Eddie are both respected elders of the NFL community. Bad boy Albert Haynesworth flamed out. Jeff Fisher (Lord Mullet) too, to the point where I'm not sure he'd get a job in the NFL. Coughlin has fallen from complete reverence due to being just as weird now as he was then.

Our AFCS brothers Sammy, 'chop, and Carrbombed (give him back his name already!) are some of the coolest posters on the board. I'm officially letting this grudge go, y'all, but I'll keep the friendly ribbing going.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 12:22 PM by Newton.)

I think if Texans and Titans were to face off in the AFC championship, then if anything it would make me feel like we were better than thought in retrospect.

Also, I think it speaks to things opening up in the AFC now that the patriots have finally declined.

As horrendous as this organization is, there shouldn't be any code at all to be a fan of this team. Lets not act like the line to be a fan of this team goes around the block and down the street..

To hell with "Fan Code"..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-12-2020, 12:00 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I'm not quite as vociferous about it as Kodiak, but I was thinking about it last night before the game.

It's really all about 1999, and I've decided 20 years is enough for a grudge.  Other grudges are edging it out for competition, and I can only bear so much.  In many ways, the Tacks have followed a track similar to our own - getting close, but not quite there, and enduring humiliating seasons trying and failing to find that elusive franchise QB.  They swung and whiffed on Mariotta and Locker the same way we swung and missed on Bortles and Gabbert.  They've built good defenses only to squander them on bad teams.  We both had to put up with a bunch of Mularkey, too.

And here's what's left from 1999, aside from cities and fans, for both teams:  Nothing.  The owners, players, coaches are all gone.  The stadiums are rebuilt.  Their underrated QB from 1999 is dead, ours acheived not quite HOF but at least is still with us.  Fred and Eddie are both respected elders of the NFL community.  Bad boy Albert Haynesworth flamed out.  Jeff Fisher (Lord Mullet) too, to the point where I'm not sure he'd get a job in the NFL.  Coughlin has fallen from complete reverence due to being just as weird now as he was then.

Our AFCS brothers Sammy, 'chop, and Carrbombed (give him back his name already!) are some of the coolest posters on the board.  I'm officially letting this grudge go, y'all, but I'll keep the friendly ribbing going.

I have always thought the 2 franchises have closely mimicked one another with the Titans having more success (they have made the playoffs quite a few more times since 2000.)  It will be interesting to see if they will extend Tannehill with a big contract after getting them to the AFC championship game despite a spotty track record as a starter over the course of his career.  That would copy our path with Bortles, assuming Tannehill isn't able to recreate this magical year.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 03:08 PM by KodiakJag. Edit Reason: grammar )

(01-12-2020, 12:00 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I'm not quite as vociferous about it as Kodiak, but I was thinking about it last night before the game.

It's really all about 1999, and I've decided 20 years is enough for a grudge.  Other grudges are edging it out for competition, and I can only bear so much.  In many ways, the Tacks have followed a track similar to our own - getting close, but not quite there, and enduring humiliating seasons trying and failing to find that elusive franchise QB.  They swung and whiffed on Mariotta and Locker the same way we swung and missed on Bortles and Gabbert.  They've built good defenses only to squander them on bad teams.  We both had to put up with a bunch of Mularkey, too.

And here's what's left from 1999, aside from cities and fans, for both teams:  Nothing.  The owners, players, coaches are all gone.  The stadiums are rebuilt.  Their underrated QB from 1999 is dead, ours acheived not quite HOF but at least is still with us.  Fred and Eddie are both respected elders of the NFL community.  Bad boy Albert Haynesworth flamed out.  Jeff Fisher (Lord Mullet) too, to the point where I'm not sure he'd get a job in the NFL.  Coughlin has fallen from complete reverence due to being just as weird now as he was then.

Our AFCS brothers Sammy, 'chop, and Carrbombed (give him back his name already!) are some of the coolest posters on the board.  I'm officially letting this grudge go, y'all, but I'll keep the friendly ribbing going.

A lot of good points made here, and I agree.  Its like hating a kid for something his parents did.

In many sports, hockey and baseball for example, after a playoff series the two teams shake hands and the losing team wishes the winning team continued luck in the playoffs.  It's about being a good sport.  That's all I was trying to get across in my earlier post, and I apologize if my message came out wrong.

IMHO, If you're looking for someone to blame for 20 years ago it should be HC/OC Tom Coughlin and DC Dom Capers.  In three tries vs. the Titans they failed to scheme up a win every time, and even blew a halftime lead in the final meeting.

It's not that I like the Titans or Texans, but this year they have earned my respect.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

The other positive is that if the Titans and Texans face each other in the AFC Championship, that just means worse draft position for those 2 and that benefits the Jags in 2020. So for that reason - I'm rooting for the AFC South to win it all!

(01-12-2020, 03:01 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: The other positive is that if the Titans and Texans face each other in the AFC Championship, that just means worse draft position for those 2 and that benefits the Jags in 2020.  So for that reason - I'm rooting for the AFC South to win it all!

This, regrettably, makes good sense.