Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seahawks@Packers Divisional Playoff Game Thread

Lambeau in a lather over the almost fumble 6 minutes in....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Huge break for Seattle there. No clear recovery? Seattle keep the ball and get a 1st down.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 08:15 PM by I am Yoda.)

Does anyone else find that one guy who keeps screaming annoying? He must be sitting right outside the booth. Surely they're not sitting in an open booth.
[Image: giphy.gif]

And of course Myers misses ..

Damn, that Jimmy Johnson HOF announcement even got me choked up.

Yep, Rodgers is getting his 2nd SB ring this year.

What a job LaFleur has done.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 10:08 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-12-2020, 09:41 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Yep, Rodgers is getting his 2nd SB ring this year.

Maybe. Maybe not. Seattle is rallying back.

Also. I can't believe Jimmy Johnson has been out of football since 1999 and wasn't already in the Hall of Fame. What the hell took so long? He's been way overdue.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-12-2020, 10:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 09:41 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Yep, Rodgers is getting his 2nd SB ring this year.

Also. I can't believe Jimmy Johnson has been out of football since 1999 and wasn't already in the Hall of Fame. What the hell took so long? He's been way overdue.

I know. I assumed he was already in. Strahan was in before him. Really like seeing them surprising people with it and JJ looked genuinely moved.

Been a good game this. Lockett is the most underrated WR in the NFL. Love what Carroll has done with this Seattle roster. Got the 4th choice RB out there making plays.

What a clutch throw and catch.

When you gotta get it, it helps having Rodgers

He looked short to me but idk if it’s enough to overturn.

(01-12-2020, 10:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: He looked short to me but idk if it’s enough to overturn.

Yeah I think hes just short but no good angle to overturn. Those are the breaks you need.

I see it more as a better job done by the GM.    They have a real RB.  AND they have put together a good defense for the first time in a long time.  The game against SF is going to be interesting.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-13-2020, 05:40 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:

I see it more as a better job done by the GM.    They have a real RB.  AND they have put together a good defense for the first time in a long time.  The game against SF is going to be interesting.
They had Jones last year too but McCarthy was stubborn. Lafleur finally handed the keys to Jones this year and now you see his full talent on display.

That’s not to say Thompson hasn’t killed it because he has. Both Smiths, Alexander, King, Savage.... their defense is good.

(01-12-2020, 09:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Damn, that Jimmy Johnson HOF announcement even got me choked up.

I kinda wondered if he was havin' a heart attack for a moment there. I think Howie did, too.

That woulda been not fun for live tv.

(01-12-2020, 10:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

You could argue he lucked into the sweetest job....the team had a stockpile of picks from the Walker trade, he had many, many hall of famers on the roster, and the expectation was to win with a team that stacked. I think part of it too was that the expectation was for coaches to be like Shula, Noll, or Paul Brown, basically spending their life on the sideline, rather than the modern norm of eating, breathing and sleeping football for a few years, being successful, and riding off into the sunset.

(01-13-2020, 12:49 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 10:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Maybe. Maybe not. Seattle is rallying back.

You could argue he lucked into the sweetest job....the team had a stockpile of picks from the Walker trade, he had many, many hall of famers on the roster, and the expectation was to win with a team that stacked. I think part of it too was that the expectation was for coaches to be like Shula, Noll, or Paul Brown, basically spending their life on the sideline, rather than the modern norm of eating, breathing and sleeping football for a few years, being successful, and riding off into the sunset.

That's the thing though. It was Jimmy Johnson that put that idea into motion of trading Herschel Walker away for the greatest heist of draft picks in NFL History at that time. He orchestrated that. 

Jimmy inherited a pretty bad football team coming off a three year stint with Landry reaching the end of his time in Dallas of losing seasons in the late 80's. 

The most important thing? He didn't mess up those draft choices. He built a dynasty.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-13-2020, 05:40 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Signing the 'Smith Brothers'  as UFAs this past off-season has transformed the Packers Defense into a top 10 Defensive unit.   They certainly were differential factors in yesterday's Packers playoff win against the Seahawks.