Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Unable to access site

I’ve been getting an “Error 525 SSL Handshake Failure” all day on my phone and computer (still am), and now just discovered I can access the site on my iPad only. Has anyone else been having this problem?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah, I have been having it since last night in to this morning so you are not alone
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

Mee too

(01-13-2020, 12:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve been getting an “Error 525 SSL Handshake Failure” all day on my phone and computer (still am), and now just discovered I can access the site on my iPad only. Has anyone else been having this problem?

On my PC running Windows 10, I can't get in with Chrome.  I get the same error message.  

I can get in with Firefox.

Odd, I could access the site on my iPad but not my iPhone. However, I was able to get here this morning on my phone using the shortcut from the Frequently Visited icons, but navigating from the bookmark still gave me an error. So I deleted the old bookmark and reset it. No problems now. I’ll deal with the computer later.

Technology, you crazy.

posted in the board feedback section. didnt know a thread was already here because the obvious. i can only get in with my mac desktop with chrome. ipad, iphone cant get in no matter what I use. Sucks it doesnt work, glad Im not alone.

(01-13-2020, 07:53 AM)Jags Wrote: posted in the board feedback section.   didnt know a thread was already here because the obvious.   i can only get in with my mac desktop with chrome.  ipad, iphone cant get in no matter what I use.   Sucks it doesnt work, glad Im not alone.

I shouldn’t have started this thread but dummy me didn’t look to see if one already existed in the proper section.

JIB is working on a fix , fellas. I'm sure he'll find it soon.

In the meantime, I guess an alternate browser is your friend.

(01-13-2020, 08:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 07:53 AM)Jags Wrote: posted in the board feedback section.   didnt know a thread was already here because the obvious.   i can only get in with my mac desktop with chrome.  ipad, iphone cant get in no matter what I use.   Sucks it doesnt work, glad Im not alone.

I shouldn’t have started this thread but dummy me didn’t look to see if one already existed in the proper section.

I didnt mean to come off jdub-ish.   I was just excited that I finally was able to access the site.  I was surprised there wasnt already a thread.  Got the error yesterday morning.  figured it would be working soon.  When I finally got in and logged on I saw life was going on here.  I felt as if i "hacked" into the system, lol.  I was skeptical of starting a thread in the appropriate place in fear of it not being seen for a few days.

(01-13-2020, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: JIB is working on a fix , fellas.  I'm sure he'll find it soon.  

In the meantime, I guess an alternate browser is your friend.

Bookmark a subforum and then use that one. Once you access the site you don't have any more problems.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The funny thing is, if I go to my bookmarks I get the error. But if I go to the 'favorite' on my Google home page it works.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I have no problem getting on here through my desktop computer at home or laptop. Tapatalk is not working at all though through my phone. I can see topics and certain forums listed but if I click on any thread in particular it just spins out.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-13-2020, 09:58 AM)Jags Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 08:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I shouldn’t have started this thread but dummy me didn’t look to see if one already existed in the proper section.

I didnt mean to come off jdub-ish.   I was just excited that I finally was able to access the site.  I was surprised there wasnt already a thread.  Got the error yesterday morning.  figured it would be working soon.  When I finally got in and logged on I saw life was going on here.  I felt as if i "hacked" into the system, lol.  I was skeptical of starting a thread in the appropriate place in fear of it not being seen for a few days.

No worries.
I felt the same way. The disappointment that I was unable to post my panoply of inconsequential thoughts while the party raged on was profound. Now I’ve forgotten them all.

(01-13-2020, 04:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 09:58 AM)Jags Wrote: I didnt mean to come off jdub-ish.   I was just excited that I finally was able to access the site.  I was surprised there wasnt already a thread.  Got the error yesterday morning.  figured it would be working soon.  When I finally got in and logged on I saw life was going on here.  I felt as if i "hacked" into the system, lol.  I was skeptical of starting a thread in the appropriate place in fear of it not being seen for a few days.

No worries.
I felt the same way. The disappointment that I was unable to post my panoply of inconsequential thoughts while the party raged on was profound. Now I’ve forgotten them all.

Forgotten what?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If I let it stay as https://duvalpride.com, I get the Cloudflare error. If I put the www. back in front, I get the site. Not the first time I've seen Cloudflare do something silly like that.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 04:56 PM by homebiscuit.)

(01-13-2020, 04:31 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 04:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No worries.

Forgotten what?

What are you talking about?

(01-13-2020, 04:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: If I let it stay as https://duvalpride.com, I get the Cloudflare error. If I put the www. back in front, I get the site. Not the first time I've seen Cloudflare do something silly like that.

This is the fix. After inserting www. in front of the site name, it popped right up on my laptop.

I always thought a handshake error was when you go in to shake hands and someone screws up and grabs your hand in an awkward way thus making your shake seem girly.

Cleared my cashe and no problems
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

PC is working, but need tapatalk working. Need to know when Wash is fired.

(01-13-2020, 06:24 PM)copycat Wrote: Cleared my cashe and no problems

I wanted to login to say that this method did not work for me.  I am being serious.