Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DeFilippo/Jags Part Ways

Maybe he was a TC guy. Maybe Marrone wanted a different guy and TC forced DeFilippo on him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2020, 12:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Maybe he was a TC guy.  Maybe Marrone wanted a different guy and TC forced DeFilippo on him.

Marrone wanted Bevell

Im praying this means we go after Bienemy, if he accepts a xfer of teams for an assistant HC/OC position that can make him the new HC if/when Marrone is fired.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

He was pretty bad last year so not much of a loss. Probably time for his hype to die down until he does something of note.

Good. Bring in a coach that can develop Minshew and allow him to play his style of football. Stop forcing our players into systems they arent good in.
Here we go again

(01-13-2020, 12:04 PM)Upper Wrote: They said it was a mutual parting of ways. Maybe Defilippo didn't want to stay on a sinking ship and wanted to get an early start on the next phase of his career.

Exactly.  I think Flip has a better opportunity lined up -- perhaps a lateral move on a better team.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 01:05 PM by MikePete54.)

So no more quaterback coach and OC.

But our great DC and Warhop are still there...

So all the other new head coaches except maybe Browns get to choose OC's before us. We get leftovers.

(01-13-2020, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Flip was not the weakest link, but at least we can know they are willing to make changes  - and this might also mean they don't have Foles penciled in to start in 2020.

Not so sure they intended to part ways.  The talk on the radio right now is that he may have asked to be let go.  Convenient timing since Philly has an OC opening.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-13-2020, 01:13 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Flip was not the weakest link, but at least we can know they are willing to make changes  - and this might also mean they don't have Foles penciled in to start in 2020.

Not so sure they intended to part ways.  The talk on the radio right now is that he may have asked to be let go.  Convenient timing since Philly has an OC opening.

Yep. He's going back more than likely. Unfortunate for us. Hate seeing either QB having to learn a new system with the offensive unit in back-to-back years. 

More than likely end up with a lame duck name at the OC position this year. Still surprised Wash hasn't been fired though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-13-2020, 01:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:13 PM)FBT Wrote: Not so sure they intended to part ways.  The talk on the radio right now is that he may have asked to be let go.  Convenient timing since Philly has an OC opening.

Yep. He's going back more than likely. Unfortunate for us. Hate seeing either QB having to learn a new system with the offensive unit in back-to-back years. 

More than likely end up with a lame duck name at the OC position this year. Still surprised Wash hasn't been fired though.

This my worry. I can't fault him if he wanted out, who knows what is true, but the EVP and HC disagreeing on QB, The run first system, it looked like a circus. I'd run back to Philly.

But who do we get? No OC is going to come here to be an OC. We have no QB coach or OC and this will be a crucial year for Minshew. I'm so worried we are going to end up with Freddie Kitchens.

(01-13-2020, 01:13 PM)FBT Wrote:

Yeah, I heard that speculation.  Flip seeking greener pastures is indeed likely/understandable. 
Nonetheless - those chuckleheads on the radio connect a LOT of unconnected dots prematurely on a regular basis. 
Especially Hacker.

(01-13-2020, 12:54 PM)Preach Wrote: Good. Bring in a coach that can develop Minshew and allow him to play his style of football. Stop forcing our players into systems they arent good in.

Yes! The offensive scheme did not fit. Minshew made things happen and bought time. 

Way too many screen passes.

(01-13-2020, 01:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yep. He's going back more than likely. Unfortunate for us. Hate seeing either QB having to learn a new system with the offensive unit in back-to-back years. 

This my worry. I can't fault him if he wanted out, who knows what is true, but the EVP and HC disagreeing on QB, The run first system, it looked like a circus. I'd run back to Philly.

But who do we get? No OC is going to come here to be an OC. We have no QB coach or OC and this will be a crucial year for Minshew. I'm so worried we are going to end up with Freddie Kitchens.

I would call Jim Caldwell or Jay Gruden before the end of the day. Get a feel for where they're at currently. Give them an opportunity to reinvent themselves or reestablish themselves as potential head coaching candidates again for 2021.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Breaking News: In an historical and unprecedented move, the Jacksonville Jaguars have announced that Todd Wash will serve as both Defensive and Offensive Coordinator of the team.
In reaction, there were reported multiple shootings between area realtors in dispute to become the prized agent for Trevor Lawrence. Tune here for further details.

(01-13-2020, 01:24 PM)PS9 Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 12:54 PM)Preach Wrote: Good. Bring in a coach that can develop Minshew and allow him to play his style of football. Stop forcing our players into systems they arent good in.

Yes! The offensive scheme did not fit. Minshew made things happen and bought time. 

Way too many screen passes.

Too many screen passes? I felt the opposite. I felt like they didn't use them enough at times. As bad as the offensive line was they could have sold screen passes a lot more often. Kansas City, Philadelphia & New England have been using screens now for a few years or longer and they kill defenses with it.

(01-13-2020, 01:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This my worry. I can't fault him if he wanted out, who knows what is true, but the EVP and HC disagreeing on QB, The run first system, it looked like a circus. I'd run back to Philly.

I would call Jim Caldwell or Jay Gruden before the end of the day. Get a feel for where they're at currently. Give them an opportunity to reinvent themselves or reestablish themselves as potential head coaching candidates again for 2021.

+1
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-13-2020, 01:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This my worry. I can't fault him if he wanted out, who knows what is true, but the EVP and HC disagreeing on QB, The run first system, it looked like a circus. I'd run back to Philly.

I'd be all in on Caldwell. Would love for him to work with Minshew.

Maybe they won't even look outside. Maybe they think McCardell is ready to step up.

Flop had options and wanted out. Neither Wash nor Marrone will have similar options, so Wash stays. Yay.

[Image: giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato