Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DeFilippo/Jags Part Ways

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 02:02 PM by JagFan81.)

(01-13-2020, 01:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This my worry. I can't fault him if he wanted out, who knows what is true, but the EVP and HC disagreeing on QB, The run first system, it looked like a circus. I'd run back to Philly.

But who do we get? No OC is going to come here to be an OC. We have no QB coach or OC and this will be a crucial year for Minshew. I'm so worried we are going to end up with Freddie Kitchens.

I would call Jim Caldwell or Jay Gruden before the end of the day. Get a feel for where they're at currently. Give them an opportunity to reinvent themselves or reestablish themselves as potential head coaching candidates again for 2021.

Ah thank you. You cheered me up with those 2 names. Forgot about Gruden and Caldwell did well with Stafford. 

I'd be happy with either of those right now.

(01-13-2020, 01:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Breaking News: In an historical and unprecedented move, the Jacksonville Jaguars have announced that Todd Wash will serve as both Defensive and Offensive Coordinator of the team.
In reaction, there were reported multiple shootings between area realtors in dispute to become the prized agent for Trevor Lawrence. Tune here for further details.
Lol!!!
I can just see us being 0-15, ready for Lawrence, then Breaking News....Lawrence smashes hand with hammer. Staying in Clemson another year.

And we keep Marrone and co around to repeat it the year after!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You guys just don't get it. Flop was let go because he didn't run the ball enough, just like in Minnesota. The idea that we'll suddenly hire some passing game guru is silly, we're about to get someone to bring back Student Body Right.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Our sideline next year

[Image: 9715abca5deea3858b6b819869428a62_zpslz5i3wzn.jpg]

Um...Hey Marroney ....you forgot one!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I'm hoping this means they know exactly who they want and have him locked up. And he will change offensive football as we know it in the NFL forever.

I am a bit surprised but I rather someone who wants to be here than someone who doesn't.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-13-2020, 12:09 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 12:06 PM)Mikey Wrote: my thoughts are that it's still early in the day, and that there's still hope that this isn't the only dismissal.

I can't help but feel either he wasn't happy that we were moving away from Foles, or didn't want to cater to a run-first offense.

Who could possibly be in line to replace him?

Keenan?

Quote:Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

(01-13-2020, 03:00 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: I'm hoping this means they know exactly who they want and have him locked up. And he will change offensive football as we know it in the NFL forever.

He probably will. I mean you didn't necessarily say it would be in a good way.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 03:45 PM by Mikey.)

(01-13-2020, 01:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Breaking News: In an historical and unprecedented move, the Jacksonville Jaguars have announced that Todd Wash will serve as both Defensive and Offensive Coordinator of the team.
In reaction, there were reported multiple shootings between area realtors in dispute to become the prized agent for Trevor Lawrence. Tune here for further details.

/pours one out for reputation button

(01-13-2020, 01:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I would call Jim Caldwell or Jay Gruden before the end of the day. Get a feel for where they're at currently. Give them an opportunity to reinvent themselves or reestablish themselves as potential head coaching candidates again for 2021.

I'd be all in on Caldwell. Would love for him to work with Minshew.

Heck, I'd be good with him unseating Marrone.  Plus, we could save money and only need to buy one domain name (firecaldwell.com) to voice our displeasure with the team.

So have we fired Wash yet?

I'm surprised at this move but it proves that they're evaluating the coaching staff which is good. NF7 may be hindered by this move more than anyone. GM15 can learn a new system at the drop of a hat in my opinion. The search is on for our OC and potentially other positions.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-13-2020, 03:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: So have we fired Wash yet?

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-13-2020, 03:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: So have we fired Wash yet?

The new team motto.

McCarthy hasn't decided completely yet on Kellen Moore has he? I read that he might keep him on board in Dallas but I don't think it was as an OC. If Kellen Moore is available he would be another guy I would call before the end of the day.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

heard a rumor that jason garret might be the new OC

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 04:15 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-13-2020, 04:05 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: heard a rumor that jason garret might be the new OC

That would be sick.

[Image: source.gif]

(01-13-2020, 04:05 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: heard a rumor that jason garret might be the new OC

I'd be very ok with that.

I’m glad he’s gone. Fournette had 2 games with under 10 carries. He also had almost 80 receptions.

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 07:15 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(01-13-2020, 11:57 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: https://www.jaguars.com/news/defilippo-j...-part-ways

Says a lot about our future plans with Foles to me.

Thoughts?

I was thinking the same things.  Fingers Crossed for Wash to be canned next.

(01-13-2020, 12:04 PM)Upper Wrote: They said it was a mutual parting of ways. Maybe Defilippo didn't want to stay on a sinking ship and wanted to get an early start on the next phase of his career.

A very real possibility like Ramsey did.

(01-13-2020, 12:27 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Weird. I was fine with Defilippo was OC, or at least giving him another year. Wash was the one glaring problems. I hope this doesn't impact Minshew's development as a QB.

The Jags ranked near the bottom of almost every meaningful offensive category.  How are you fine with that?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]