Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DeFilippo/Jags Part Ways

https://www.jaguars.com/news/defilippo-j...-part-ways

Says a lot about our future plans with Foles to me.

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Somewhat surprised.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-13-2020, 11:57 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: https://www.jaguars.com/news/defilippo-j...-part-ways

Thoughts?

My thoughts are they fired the wrong coordinator.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I agree, I thought Minshew actually looked pretty damn good in his system.

So that will be 4 OC's in 5 years...

And I only hope if I'm as useless at my job as Wash is, i could get as many chances as he does.

(01-13-2020, 11:59 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 11:57 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: https://www.jaguars.com/news/defilippo-j...-part-ways

Thoughts?

My thoughts are they fired the wrong coordinator.

Bingo.  That was my first thought as well.

Maybe they're trickling out announcements.

I'm curious as to how this impacts the position coaches on offense.  Keenan in particular.  He did a good job with the receivers this year.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

They said it was a mutual parting of ways. Maybe Defilippo didn't want to stay on a sinking ship and wanted to get an early start on the next phase of his career.

Wash next, wash next, wash next, wash next.

my thoughts are that it's still early in the day, and that there's still hope that this isn't the only dismissal.

I can't help but feel either he wasn't happy that we were moving away from Foles, or didn't want to cater to a run-first offense.

Who could possibly be in line to replace him?

(01-13-2020, 12:05 PM)Jagson Wrote: Wash next, wash next, wash next, wash next.

Please! Our late Christmas present?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Curious.

(01-13-2020, 12:06 PM)Mikey Wrote: my thoughts are that it's still early in the day, and that there's still hope that this isn't the only dismissal.

I can't help but feel either he wasn't happy that we were moving away from Foles, or didn't want to cater to a run-first offense.

Who could possibly be in line to replace him?

Keenan?

Flip was not the weakest link, but at least we can know they are willing to make changes - and this might also mean they don't have Foles penciled in to start in 2020.

I dont like this for Minshew

The only advantage of keeping Marrone was to keep the same OC, so that Minshew wouldn't have to learn a new system.

I’m guessing he asked for a release since we moved away from Foles. He probably also saw the writing on the wall for Marrone and figured now was the best time to jump on one of those vacancies open right now.

John DeFilippo out as Jaguars OC after one season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...one-season

The Jacksonville Jaguars are shaking up their coaching staff. The team parted ways with offensive coordinator John DeFilippo after just one season.

If Wash doesn't follow him.. lololololololol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Weird. I was fine with Defilippo was OC, or at least giving him another year. Wash was the one glaring problems. I hope this doesn't impact Minshew's development as a QB.

Someone like a Joe Brady would be intriguing. We’ll probably just hire an underwhelming retread like a Mularkey type.