Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 NFL Free Agents

(01-29-2020, 09:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 09:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Corner.

Doesn't surprise me you dont know who he is
Bahahahaha It was a joke. Lighten up Francis.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We've had luck with DL in FA.

OL, not so much. I can't think of a signing we've been happy with since Naeole. Maybe we draft again.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

If we tag and trade Yannick, I could see Gruden wanting AJ Green

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2020, 11:33 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(02-08-2020, 02:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we tag and trade Yannick, I could see Gruden wanting AJ Green

Lol, no thanks! he is 31 and has been hurt the last 2 seasons.

(01-30-2020, 03:42 PM)pirkster Wrote: We've had luck with DL in FA.

OL, not so much.  I can't think of a signing we've been happy with since Naeole.  Maybe we draft again.

I wasn't exactly happy with these guys but Parnell and Beachum were decent. Naeole has been the best by far though.

Norwell and Beadles just lol... Thanks Caldwell!

(02-09-2020, 11:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 02:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we tag and trade Yannick, I could see Gruden wanting AJ Green

Lol, no thanks! he is 31 and has been hurt the last 2 seasons.

(01-30-2020, 03:42 PM)pirkster Wrote: We've had luck with DL in FA.

OL, not so much.  I can't think of a signing we've been happy with since Naeole.  Maybe we draft again.

I wasn't exactly happy with these guys but Parnell and Beachum were decent. Naeole has been the best by far though.

Good God, was Beadles a Caldwell move? It seems like he was a mistake from 10 years ago, pre-Caldwell.

Green probably doesn't make sense. He's not a #1 anymore, might not even be a full-time starter with Chark, Conley and Westbrook on board.

(02-10-2020, 12:33 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 11:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Lol, no thanks! he is 31 and has been hurt the last 2 seasons.

Good God, was Beadles a Caldwell move? It seems like he was a mistake from 10 years ago, pre-Caldwell.

Green probably doesn't make sense. He's not a #1 anymore, might not even be a full-time starter with Chark, Conley and Westbrook on board.

Green is still a very good WR1 just had health issues.

(02-10-2020, 12:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 12:33 PM)TJBender Wrote: Good God, was Beadles a Caldwell move? It seems like he was a mistake from 10 years ago, pre-Caldwell.

Green is still a very good WR1 just had health issues.

Is he? I am not sure since he hasn't played a lot lately.

Still not worth the risk, he is also gonna ask for a lot of money.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 01:55 PM by RicoTx.)

Man I hope they don't piss away a bunch of money on any high-priced free agents.  It's a recipe for disaster.  Look at the boat we're in already from spending on Campbell, Bouye, Norwell, Church, Gipson, etc.

Build through the draft and develop.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-10-2020, 01:54 PM)Rico Wrote: Man I hope they don't piss away a bunch of money on any high-priced free agents.  It's a recipe for disaster.  Look at the boat we're in already from spending on Campbell, Bouye, Norwell, Church, Gipson, etc.

And then when those draft picks turn into really good young pass rushers, don't give them an extension! It's the Jaguar way.

(02-10-2020, 12:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 12:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: Green is still a very good WR1 just had health issues.

Is he? I am not sure since he hasn't played a lot lately.

Still not worth the risk, he is also gonna ask for a lot of money.

Yeah the season he got injured he was still balling. 

Don't think he's an option here regardless. But still a v good player

I thought he looked pretty average, at best, last season. Wonder who's going to pony up for his services.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2867...n-chargers

(02-10-2020, 01:54 PM)Rico Wrote: Man I hope they don't piss away a bunch of money on any high-priced free agents.  It's a recipe for disaster.  Look at the boat we're in already from spending on Campbell, Bouye, Norwell, Church, Gipson, etc.

What?  These players were def not the issue. Had we kept Gipson we would be in a better situation. The players that messed up our cap are Bortles and Foles who we gave dumb contracts for no reason. We had Ramsey, Allen Robinson, Fowler and Yann, all good talent drafted who we let go. Calais and Bouye are really good players that helped get toto where we were in 2017. Free agents and building the draft both help. Just gotta pick smart and take calculated risk, [BLEEP] Poz was a freee agent signing that worked out

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 06:36 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-10-2020, 05:59 PM)D-Money Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 01:54 PM)TRico Wrote: Man I hope they don't piss away a bunch of money on any high-priced free agents.  It's a recipe for disaster.  Look at the boat we're in already from spending on Campbell, Bouye, Norwell, Church, Gipson, etc.

What?  These players were def not the issue. Had we kept Gipson we would be in a better situation. The players that messed up our cap are Bortles and Foles who we gave dumb contracts for no reason. We had Ramsey, Allen Robinson, Fowler and Yann, all good talent drafted who we let go. Calais and Bouye are really good players that helped get toto where we were in 2017. Free agents and building the draft both help. Just gotta pick smart and take calculated risk, [BLEEP] Poz was a freee agent signing that worked out

The MONEY was and IS a huge issue.  None of the good teams build through free agency.  None.  They fit in pieces.

(02-10-2020, 06:27 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 05:59 PM)D-Money Wrote: What?  These players were def not the issue. Had we kept Gipson we would be in a better situation. The players that messed up our cap are Bortles and Foles who we gave dumb contracts for no reason. We had Ramsey, Allen Robinson, Fowler and Yann, all good talent drafted who we let go. Calais and Bouye are really good players that helped get toto where we were in 2017. Free agents and building the draft both help. Just gotta pick smart and take calculated risk, [BLEEP] Poz was a freee agent signing that worked out

The MONEY was and IS a huge issue.  None of the good teams build through free agency.  None.  They fit in pieces.
Good teams like who? Everyone continues to try to point to the Patriots, not realizing that is a once in lifetime situation.  Did the Chiefs not pickup the Honey Badger and Sammy Watkins? 

Why wouldn't we keep the good players that worked out for us. Would a Super Bowl and then be mediocre or would you want to keep trying to low ball our good players let them leave and continue to be in the top 10 draft picks almost every year?

(02-10-2020, 08:12 PM)D-Money Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 06:27 PM)Rico Wrote: The MONEY was and IS a huge issue.  None of the good teams build through free agency.  None.  They fit in pieces.
Good teams like who? Everyone continues to try to point to the Patriots, not realizing that is a once in lifetime situation.  Did the Chiefs not pickup the Honey Badger and Sammy Watkins? 

Why wouldn't we keep the good players that worked out for us. Would a Super Bowl and then be mediocre or would you want to keep trying to low ball our good players let them leave and continue to be in the top 10 draft picks almost every year?

And refresh my memory, how many Super Bowls have we won since we picked up that boatload of free agents in Coughlin's first year?  And how is our cap looking now?

And thank you for bringing up Watkins and Matthieu.  Two minor acquistions....i.e. Small final pieces to a larger puzzle.  They were hardly major FA pickups.

(02-10-2020, 08:12 PM)D-Money Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 06:27 PM)Rico Wrote: The MONEY was and IS a huge issue.  None of the good teams build through free agency.  None.  They fit in pieces.

Also traded for Frank Clark.

It's gotta be a combination of both, but yeah, mostly through the draft, then pick some key FA's here and there.

(02-10-2020, 09:40 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 08:12 PM)D-Money Wrote: Good teams like who? Everyone continues to try to point to the Patriots, not realizing that is a once in lifetime situation.  Did the Chiefs not pickup the Honey Badger and Sammy Watkins? 

And refresh my memory, how many Super Bowls have we won since we picked up that boatload of free agents in Coughlin's first year?  And how is our cap looking now?

And thank you for bringing up Watkins and Matthieu.  Two minor acquistions....i.e. Small final pieces to a larger puzzle.  They were hardly major FA pickups.
Watkins is forgettable but the Honey Badger was major.

Our cap is very healthy. It's a total non issue

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 08:26 AM by RicoTx.)

(02-10-2020, 10:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 09:40 PM)Rico Wrote: And refresh my memory, how many Super Bowls have we won since we picked up that boatload of free agents in Coughlin's first year?  And how is our cap looking now?

Watkins is forgettable but the Honey Badger was major.

Nonetheless, a piece.  Not a [BLEEP] ton of free agents trying to construct a defense...or offense.

(02-11-2020, 06:45 AM)JackCity Wrote: Our cap is very healthy. It's a total non issue

How so?  If the cap is so healthy, why are we always listing players that we can cut to make cap room?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 08:35 AM by JackCity.)

(02-11-2020, 08:13 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 10:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Watkins is forgettable but the Honey Badger was major.

Nonetheless, a piece.  Not a [BLEEP] ton of free agents trying to construct a defense...or offense.

(02-11-2020, 06:45 AM)JackCity Wrote: Our cap is very healthy. It's a total non issue

How so?  If the cap is so healthy, why are we always listing players that we can cut to make cap room?

Because the definition of a healthy cap is either having tons of space (colts) or being able to easily create space without hurting the roster much (Jags)

For example you can create 40 million in cap by cutting one starter and 4 backups who shouldn't be on the roster anyway.