Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luke Kuechly Is Retiring After Eight Seasons

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 09:50 PM by mal234.)

He announced this news in a video that was posted to the Panthers Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1217257977352204294

I wish Luke the best in his retirement. He was definitely a very talented linebacker.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 09:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Just seen this, Wow

To many concussion

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 09:57 PM by mal234.)

(01-14-2020, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just seen this, Wow

It does seem like the physical nature of the game became too much for him to continue. I remember when he got concussed one time and how emotional he was and crying when he was being taken away. I think that it finally wore on him enough that he decided to hang it up. He's still relatively young (only 28 years old), but I understand why he feels like he needs to stay away. I wish him the best. 

We've had quite a few young players retire over the last couple of years. I do wonder if any more may decide to step away as well.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 10:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-14-2020, 09:57 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just seen this, Wow

It does seem like the physical nature of the game became too much for him to continue. I remember when he got concussed one time and how emotional he was and crying when he was being taken away. I think that it finally wore on him enough that he decided to hang it up. He's still relatively young (only 28 years old), but I understand why he feels like he needs to stay away. I wish him the best. 

We've had quite a few young players retire over the last couple of years. I do wonder if any more may decide to step away as well.

Just look at the LBs Telvin and Patrick Willis to name a few

That defense wont be the same without Kuechly. I wonder if they would take Jack

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 10:35 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

Losing LK is definitely a loss to the Carolina defense. Luckily for them they hired the 2 coaches I wanted to see coaching here.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 12:03 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Heard Tom Coughlin has already ran Kuechly out of Carolina Laughing

These guys are getting the money and getting out. Who cares about accolades and Super Bowls when you have $64 million bucks in the bank before the age of 30.

There’s no loyalty ever since the free agency era.

(01-15-2020, 11:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: These guys are getting the money and getting out. Who cares about accolades and Super Bowls when you have $64 million bucks in the bank before the age of 30.

There’s no loyalty ever since the free agency era.

LOL.  You're kidding me.

The dude has had multiple concussions.  He wants to get out before his brain turns to complete mush.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Just a fantastic player. Always enjoyed watching him play. Huge loss for Carolina and the league. Luck and Keuchly. 2 guys stepping away while they can.

My statement seemed a little out of context. Luke is a great player. And I respect his decision.

But on the other side I think if it were the 80s guys would still be forced to play due to taking care of their families.