Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tom Brady may test free agency

(02-02-2020, 02:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Raiders want Brady

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2861...free-agent

I just saw an article saying he was interested in talking to the tacks. Brady thinks he has no weapons in NE. If he goes to the tacks, that would be such a #becausejags. I feel like it’s destined to happen.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-03-2020, 09:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a narcissist.  A SB commercial? Really?

I thought it was fantastic...and I can’t stand the guy!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-03-2020, 01:37 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 09:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a narcissist.  A SB commercial? Really?

I thought it was fantastic...and I can’t stand the guy!

Well, not to mention that I doubt he wrote the commercial.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

As a Lions fan, there has obviously been very little team accomplishments in my 50 seasons rooting for the team.

Hence, individual accomplishments for Lions players is something that has extra meaning for me.

The reason why I hope Tom Brady leaves the Patriots ( assuming it's for non health reasons ) is different than practically why practically every other NFL fan ( non-Patriots fans ) wants him to leave.

Currently, former Lions K Jason Hanson has the NFL record of playing 21 seasons for the same NFL team.

If Tom Brady is with the Patriots for the 2020 season, he will tie Jason Hanson's record.

IMHO, Jason Hanson had a HOF Caliber NFL career. But the Lions lack of team playoff success will likely cost him the honor of being selecting into the Pro Football HOF. Hence, the number of season record has added significance, at least from my perspective.

(02-03-2020, 02:36 PM)D6 Wrote: As a Lions fan,  there has obviously been very little team accomplishments in my 50 seasons rooting for the team.  

Hence, individual accomplishments for Lions players is something that has extra meaning for me.

The reason why I hope Tom Brady leaves the Patriots (  assuming it's for non health reasons )  is different than practically why practically every other NFL fan ( non-Patriots fans ) wants him to leave.

Currently,  former Lions K Jason Hanson has the NFL record of playing 21 seasons for the same NFL team.

If Tom Brady is with the Patriots for the 2020 season,  he will tie Jason Hanson's record.  

IMHO,  Jason Hanson had a HOF Caliber NFL career.  But the Lions lack of team playoff success will likely cost him the honor of being selecting into the Pro Football HOF.  Hence,  the number of season record has added significance,  at least from my perspective.

I hope Hanson gets to keep the record.  I've always wanted Brady to leave NE so he can be exposed.  That is the only reason i ever wanted him to go.  Once he leaves and looks average/mediocre then the league can stop the bs.  I just know that at this point, it really doesnt matter because the excuse about age, etc will now be the reason instead of him just not being that good outside of NE.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(02-04-2020, 12:37 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 02:36 PM)D6 Wrote: As a Lions fan,  there has obviously been very little team accomplishments in my 50 seasons rooting for the team.  

The reason why I hope Tom Brady leaves the Patriots (  assuming it's for non health reasons )  is different than practically why practically every other NFL fan ( non-Patriots fans ) wants him to leave.

Currently,  former Lions K Jason Hanson has the NFL record of playing 21 seasons for the same NFL team.

If Tom Brady is with the Patriots for the 2020 season,  he will tie Jason Hanson's record.  

IMHO,  Jason Hanson had a HOF Caliber NFL career.  But the Lions lack of team playoff success will likely cost him the honor of being selecting into the Pro Football HOF.  Hence,  the number of season record has added significance,  at least from my perspective.

I hope Hanson gets to keep the record.  I've always wanted Brady to leave NE so he can be exposed.  That is the only reason i ever wanted him to go.  Once he leaves and looks average/mediocre then the league can stop the bs.  I just know that at this point, it really doesnt matter because the excuse about age, etc will now be the reason instead of him just not being that good outside of NE.

For a very long time,  there's been speculation of how Tom Brady would do away from Bill Belichick and the Patriots.  From the standpoint of what you expressed,  the best argument is that the Patriots finished 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel replacing Brady from the 2nd QTR on of the Patriots opening regular season game vs. the Chiefs.  Even with a schedule that was considered relatively weak on paper,  an 11-5 record is impressive.

(02-04-2020, 02:53 PM)D6 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:37 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I hope Hanson gets to keep the record.  I've always wanted Brady to leave NE so he can be exposed.  That is the only reason i ever wanted him to go.  Once he leaves and looks average/mediocre then the league can stop the bs.  I just know that at this point, it really doesnt matter because the excuse about age, etc will now be the reason instead of him just not being that good outside of NE.

For a very long time,  there's been speculation of how Tom Brady would do away from Bill Belichick and the Patriots.  From the standpoint of what you expressed,  the best argument is that the Patriots finished 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel replacing Brady from the 2nd QTR on of the Patriots opening regular season game vs. the Chiefs.  Even with a schedule that was considered relatively weak on paper,  an 11-5 record is impressive.

True.  Having a top of the line coach and an above average QB working well together has been an element of their success.  Having Brady carry another team without Bill though, i highly doubt he would put up an 11-5 record.  Most teams have a full 53 that has to make things happen.  Its rare a QB can carry an entire roster with average coaching and i doubt Brady would be able to do it.  We've seen other QBs do it, although thrown into the fire.  Brady has never had to.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(02-10-2020, 09:50 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 02:53 PM)D6 Wrote: For a very long time,  there's been speculation of how Tom Brady would do away from Bill Belichick and the Patriots.  From the standpoint of what you expressed,  the best argument is that the Patriots finished 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel replacing Brady from the 2nd QTR on of the Patriots opening regular season game vs. the Chiefs.  Even with a schedule that was considered relatively weak on paper,  an 11-5 record is impressive.

True.  Having a top of the line coach and an above average QB working well together has been an element of their success.  Having Brady carry another team without Bill though, i highly doubt he would put up an 11-5 record.  Most teams have a full 53 that has to make things happen.  Its rare a QB can carry an entire roster with average coaching and i doubt Brady would be able to do it.  We've seen other QBs do it, although thrown into the fire.  Brady has never had to.

At this stage of Tom Brady's NFL playing career,  he's probably going to need a strong supporting cast on both sides of the ball,  Special Teams,  and good all around coaching on his team to win another Super Bowl or get close.  His salary cap figure could turn out to be a factor in making it very difficult for him to be surrounded by the type of supporting cast he will need.

(02-14-2020, 12:35 AM)D6 Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 09:50 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: True.  Having a top of the line coach and an above average QB working well together has been an element of their success.  Having Brady carry another team without Bill though, i highly doubt he would put up an 11-5 record.  Most teams have a full 53 that has to make things happen.  Its rare a QB can carry an entire roster with average coaching and i doubt Brady would be able to do it.  We've seen other QBs do it, although thrown into the fire.  Brady has never had to.

At this stage of Tom Brady's NFL playing career,  he's probably going to need a strong supporting cast on both sides of the ball,  Special Teams,  and good all around coaching on his team to win another Super Bowl or get close.  His salary cap figure could turn out to be a factor in making it very difficult for him to be surrounded by the type of supporting cast he will need.

That may not be enough for him to get back to the Super Bowl.  The immutable laws of football physics apply to him, too.  His skills are already in decline.  They could fall off a cliff this coming season.  Though he is a far superior QB to Namath. the team getting him could be getting Namath with the Rams or Unitas with the Chargers. 

That said, this should be a lesson to football fans with a streak of sentimentality.  If a QB who went to NINE Super Bowls and winning six of them and played twenty years in the league can be allowed to walk in free agency, ANY player can.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-14-2020, 09:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 12:35 AM)D6 Wrote: At this stage of Tom Brady's NFL playing career,  he's probably going to need a strong supporting cast on both sides of the ball,  Special Teams,  and good all around coaching on his team to win another Super Bowl or get close.  His salary cap figure could turn out to be a factor in making it very difficult for him to be surrounded by the type of supporting cast he will need.

That may not be enough for him to get back to the Super Bowl.  The immutable laws of football physics apply to him, too.  His skills are already in decline.  They could fall off a cliff this coming season.  Though he is a far superior QB to Namath. the team getting him could be getting Namath with the Rams or Unitas with the Chargers. 

That said, this should be a lesson to football fans with a streak of sentimentality.  If a QB who went to NINE Super Bowls and winning six of them and played twenty years in the league can be allowed to walk in free agency, ANY player can.

Bullseye,  it's great seeing you back!

I hope you are feeling much better,  with each day being better for you.

Because the Patriots were short handed talent-experience wise at most of the skill positions,  I'm not sure to what extent Tom Brady is in decline physically.  There's no question that age is catching up to him to at least some extent.  Whether it's going to reach the point in the 2020 season that he's not good enough to get back to the Super Bowl regardless what surrounds him could easily become one of the focal points of the NFL world in the 2020 season.

Knowing the Patriots history under Bill Belichick in which they are proactive in moving from a player they believe is in decline,  sentimentality isn't going to be enough by itself to keep Tom Brady around in 2020.   As much as Bob Kraft would like Tom Brady to return in 2020,  if Belichick says to him that the Patriots need to move on,  Kraft is very likely going to go along with Belichick's decision.  Knowing,  the value of Belichick to the Patriots organization moving forward.

(02-20-2020, 06:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Damn

https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/02/2...ncy-video/

Titans?

Just like Kevin Durant, go to the team that beat you.

If his #1 priority is to win another super bowl, he should sign with KC at the league minimum ...... lol.   He could back up Mahommes for the next 7 years (until he hits 50) and win 4 more super bowls to get to 10 total --- now wouldn't that be hilarious.

Brady to SF is being talked about now.

Brady isnt the GOAT I don't care what anyone says. Rings don't make you the GOAT if they do then anyone with more than 2 rings is better than Manning. Or anyone with a ring is better than Marino. When Brady goes to another team he will do what every QB who's left the Pats system has done....flop. Manning is the GOAT period not even a close debate except for the people that say football is the ultimate team sport and then crown 1 guy to be the reason for that team.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(03-09-2020, 01:47 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: Brady isnt the GOAT I don't care what anyone says. Rings don't make you the GOAT if they do then anyone with more than 2 rings is better than Manning. Or anyone with a ring is better than Marino. When Brady goes to another team he will do what every QB who's left the Pats system has done....flop. Manning is the GOAT period not even a close debate except for the people that say football is the ultimate team sport and then crown 1 guy to be the reason for that team.

Lol, give me the guy that stepped up the most in the biggest game not that guy that choked year after year.  Peyton's 2nd ring he got carried by an All time great defense.   Brady is, was, and will always be better than Peyton.

(03-09-2020, 07:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 01:47 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: Brady isnt the GOAT I don't care what anyone says. Rings don't make you the GOAT if they do then anyone with more than 2 rings is better than Manning. Or anyone with a ring is better than Marino. When Brady goes to another team he will do what every QB who's left the Pats system has done....flop. Manning is the GOAT period not even a close debate except for the people that say football is the ultimate team sport and then crown 1 guy to be the reason for that team.

Lol, give me the guy that stepped up the most in the biggest game not that guy that choked year after year.  Peyton's 2nd ring he got carried by an All time great defense.   Brady is, was, and will always be better than Peyton.

Hell, the Broncos won their last Super Bowl despite Manning.  He was awful and his skills had completely deteriorated by mid-season.  Hell, he was replaced by Osweiler for a stretch.  Blake [BLEEP] Osweiler.  9 TDs and 17 INTs....yikes.

(03-09-2020, 07:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Being the GOAT doesn't mean you have to be the best every game. I'll take the guy that's won 2 super bowls with different teams..ya know something no one's ever done. If I recall Brady wasn't stellar in his last super bowl either. Brady didn't change the game like Manning did. I'm also ok with saying Manning isn't the GOAT but Brady certainly isn't. Is he among them sure but not the best. When Ryan ******* Mallet can come in and get double digits wins it's not the QB it's the system.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 07:56 AM by RicoTx.)

(03-09-2020, 11:47 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 07:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, give me the guy that stepped up the most in the biggest game not that guy that choked year after year.  Peyton's 2nd ring he got carried by an All time great defense.   Brady is, was, and will always be better than Peyton.

Being the GOAT doesn't mean you have to be the best every game. I'll take the guy that's won 2 super bowls with different teams..ya know something no one's ever done. If I recall Brady wasn't stellar in his last super bowl either. Brady didn't change the game like Manning did. I'm also ok with saying Manning isn't the GOAT but Brady certainly isn't. Is he among them sure but not the best. When Ryan ******* Mallet can come in and get double digits wins it's not the QB it's the system.

You're in an extremely small minority....extremely.

If you think Manning had anything to do with the Broncos last Super Bowl victory, or even getting to the Super Bowl.  You didn't watch him play that year.  He was awful.  And the fact that Brady went to nine as compared to Mannings four doesn't mean anything?

Out of curiosity, what planet did Mallett get double digit wins?  It certainly wasn't on earth.  He played 4 games for NE and threw 4 passes total and has never played more than 8 in a season.  So getting double digit wins would be pretty much impossible, especially seeing he doesn't have double digit wins in his career.

(03-10-2020, 07:47 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 11:47 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: Being the GOAT doesn't mean you have to be the best every game. I'll take the guy that's won 2 super bowls with different teams..ya know something no one's ever done. If I recall Brady wasn't stellar in his last super bowl either. Brady didn't change the game like Manning did. I'm also ok with saying Manning isn't the GOAT but Brady certainly isn't. Is he among them sure but not the best. When Ryan ******* Mallet can come in and get double digits wins it's not the QB it's the system.

You're in an extremely small minority....extremely.

If you think Manning had anything to do with the Broncos last Super Bowl victory, or even getting to the Super Bowl.  You didn't watch him play that year.  He was awful.  And the fact that Brady went to nine as compared to Mannings four doesn't mean anything?

Out of curiosity, what planet did Mallett get double digit wins?  It certainly wasn't on earth.  He played 4 games for NE and threw 4 passes total and has never played more than 8 in a season.  So getting double digit wins would be pretty much impossible, especially seeing he doesn't have double digit wins in his career.

Clearly he meant Matt [BLEEP] Cassel, and not Ryan [BLEEP] Mallett. He just got his Backup Who Can Easily Replace Tom Brady confused. Could've just as easily been Brian [BLEEP] Hoyer or Jacoby [BLEEP] Brissett or Jimmy [BLEEP] Garappolo or Jarrett [BLEEP] Stidham. Put any of those guys in his place and they'd have six [BLEEP] Superb Owl rings too, geez.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-10-2020, 08:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 07:47 AM)Rico Wrote: You're in an extremely small minority....extremely.

Clearly he meant Matt [BLEEP] Cassel, and not Ryan [BLEEP] Mallett. He just got his Backup Who Can Easily Replace Tom Brady confused. Could've just as easily been Brian [BLEEP] Hoyer or Jacoby [BLEEP] Brissett or Jimmy [BLEEP] Garappolo or Jarrett [BLEEP] Stidham. Put any of those guys in his place and they'd have six [BLEEP] Superb Owl rings too, geez.

I figured as much.  I always like the way Matt Cassell's name gets brought up when they talk about it being 'a product of the system'.  Cassell won the same amount of games in KC two years later.  Was he part of that system too?