Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tom Brady may test free agency

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 11:47 PM by AlsJagsFan.)

Yes I meant Matt Cassel, not Ryan Mallett. I don't follow the Pats very much but I do not think you can make the argument that Brady is the GOAT when first of all football is supposed to be the ultimate team game and then you crown 1 person the best ever....that's not how it should be done in my opinion. I also do not agree with having a GOAT at all I mean the game changes. Who knows how Marino would do in todays game or how bad Brady would do if he played in the 80s. However IF the argument had to be made that there HAD to be a GOAT then I would say have they changed the game, Manning did. Manning surely had his issues and Brady surely has his skills. I just don't think you can say that Brady could be the greatest ever while playing under one of the best coaches of all time. Every QB who plays in NE does better than when they are outside. The closest thing to how the Pats are is when Andy Reid would have QBs go from Philly, they rarely did well.

If the argument making Brady the best every is based on his rings (which it seems to be) then how can someone then turn around and say that Marino is better than Eli Manning when Marino has 0 rings and Eli has 2. It just doesn't make sense. Cassel may have won the same number of games but every dog has his day...remember when Bortles made the top 100 list...good times. If you think Brady is the GOAT then that's fine. We don't have to agree, and it doesn't sound like we do. However nothing has been said to change my mind and I doubt that you're going to just suddenly agree with me either.

Good Day, Happy debating :-)
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brady isn't going anywhere else. This seems like some PR drama to keep attention.

Should get interesting. Hope he goes to Tampa. That would be such an insane offense with him at QB.

Where does an aging GOAT go?

Hearing Belicheck likes Foles.....

Lets get it done!

Its gonna be weird to see him with another uniform.

Well at least the patriots dynasty is finally over. Respected the heck out of Brady but it was getting insufferable to have repeated playoff games and championship games with the same team

Finally get to see if it was BRADY or BELICHICK who is the true architect of that Pats dynasty....

Gotta think it's Bill. He took a team with MATT CASSELL leading the way to an 11-5 record (although they missed the playoffs...figure THAT one out....)

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Well....I was wrong. This has to be the Buccaneers. He will be set there with weapons.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 10:10 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-17-2020, 09:56 AM)NCJag Wrote: Finally get to see if it was BRADY or BELICHICK who is the true architect of that Pats dynasty....

Gotta think it's Bill.  He took a team with MATT CASSELL leading the way to an 11-5 record (although they missed the playoffs...figure THAT one out....)

They missed the playoffs that year.  The year after they won 5 more games and went yo the SB.  A pretty big difference if you ask me

The Blake Bortles to Patriots era is ready to start.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 10:48 AM by RicoTx.)

(03-17-2020, 09:56 AM)NCJag Wrote: Finally get to see if it was BRADY or BELICHICK who is the true architect of that Pats dynasty....

Gotta think it's Bill.  He took a team with MATT CASSELL leading the way to an 11-5 record (although they missed the playoffs...figure THAT one out....)

Cassell went 11-5 with KC.  Was that Belicheck too?

Why do we need to see what an OLD Brady will do?  Shouldn't we be able to tell from the Pats' results this year?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-17-2020, 10:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

They missed the playoffs that year.  The year after they won 5 more games and went yo the SB.  A pretty big difference if you ask me

You expect a team to go 16-0 every season?  11-5 is 11-5.  It's a .687 winning percentage. That...is pretty darn good with a backup QB at the helm. Not to mention they also lost Rodney Harrison, Adalius Thomas, and Laurence Maroney over the course of the season.  They lost the DIVISION (on the FOURTH tiebreaker) and WILD CARD 3rd or 4th tie breakers. Its only the 2nd time in NFL history a team missed the playoffs at 11-5

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-17-2020, 09:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Where does an aging GOAT go?

Tampa Bay and the LA Chargers are the two teams that seem the most likely.

(03-17-2020, 12:43 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 09:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Where does an aging GOAT go?

Tampa Bay and the LA Chargers are the two teams that seem the most likely.

Between those 2, i'd lean towards the Bucs.  Tampa's O-line will at least keep Tom UPRIGHT all season.  Between Evans/Godwin/Brace-Howard/and Ronald Jones all the Bucs need is a QB to make that offense HUM.

(03-17-2020, 12:46 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 12:43 PM)D6 Wrote: Tampa Bay and the LA Chargers are the two teams that seem the most likely.

Between those 2, i'd lean towards the Bucs.  Tampa's O-line will at least keep Tom UPRIGHT all season.  Between Evans/Godwin/Brace-Howard/and Ronald Jones all the Bucs need is a QB to make that offense HUM.

The opportunity for Tom Brady to be part of a team with Bruce Arians as Head Coach, coupled with what you mentioned about the Bucs talent on Offense,  could easily be the difference in him signing with Tampa Bay.  

If Brady signs with the LA Chargers,  the appeal of playing much closer to his Northern California roots and/ or being the catalyst in building the Chargers fan base in the LA area,  come to mind as reasons for that decision.  Also keeping in mind that the Chargers are a talented team at most positions.  They can then focus much of their other resources on upgrading their problematic Offensive Line. 

When the dust settles,  I agree with you that the Bucs are the more likely of the 2 teams that end up with Brady.

The Patriots dynasty is finally over right as the Jaguars franchise goes on life support. Life is cruel.

I'm betting on the Chargers as he can be near his aging parents...his Mom is ill and he'll want to be close by. The second factor is Giselle who probably would prefer the bright lights of LA to Tampa.

You know what, I wouldn't even be shocked if he announced his outright retirement tomorrow.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

He apparently has already chosen Tampa. They’ll announce tomorrow.