Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tom Brady may test free agency

The offense has the potential to be disgusting, but the question still remains if Father Time finally caught up to TB. Tampa Bay just bet bigly that it hasn't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-18-2020, 12:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The offense has the potential to be disgusting, but the question still remains if Father Time finally caught up to TB. Tampa Bay just bet bigly that it hasn't.

It's going to be waaaaaay different playing all of those home games in the heat as well.  

He's always played his worst in FL.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-18-2020, 12:19 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 12:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The offense has the potential to be disgusting, but the question still remains if Father Time finally caught up to TB. Tampa Bay just bet bigly that it hasn't.

It's going to be waaaaaay different playing all of those home games in the heat as well.  

He's always played his worst in FL.

Great point, Rico.  It's something that didn't come to mind for me prior to seeing your message.  

Chances are Tampa Bay will be playing plenty of night games because of Tom Brady.  Yet, in a division with the Saints, even one early season loss at home in the heat could prove costly for the Bucs.  

What makes the situation potentially more pronounced is that because of the Coronavirus situation,  it will be much harder for Tom Brady to begin the process of adjusting to getting ready for an NFL season in high heat and humidity conditions ( compared to everywhere else he has prepared for a season ).

Hey Jags fans, I've only posted a few times on your board, I came over last year when Nick was signed (I'm an Eagles fan). Got a question for you, since Brady is with the Bucs now. Do you all consider the Bucs to be a 'rival' for the Jags, even though they're not in the same conference/division and you only play them once every four years?

(03-22-2020, 02:20 PM)VBE Wrote: Hey Jags fans, I've only posted a few times on your board, I came over last n.v o year when Nick was signed (I'm an Eagles fan). Got a question for you, since Brady is with the Bucs now. Do you all consider the Bucs to be a 'rival' for the Jags, even though they're not in the same conference/division and you only play them once every four years?

No
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2020, 07:11 PM by RicoTx.)

(03-22-2020, 02:20 PM)VBE Wrote: Hey Jags fans, I've only posted a few times on your board, I came over last year when Nick was signed (I'm an Eagles fan). Got a question for you, since Brady is with the Bucs now. Do you all consider the Bucs to be a 'rival' for the Jags, even though they're not in the same conference/division and you only play them once every four years?

Why the hell would Brady going to the Bugs make them a rival?  I don't even understand the logic.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-22-2020, 07:10 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 02:20 PM)VBE Wrote: Hey Jags fans, I've only posted a few times on your board, I came over last year when Nick was signed (I'm an Eagles fan). Got a question for you, since Brady is with the Bucs now. Do you all consider the Bucs to be a 'rival' for the Jags, even though they're not in the same conference/division and you only play them once every four years?

Why the hell would Brady going to the Bugs make them a rival?  I don't even understand the logic.

There is no logic in it to be understood. I'm a member of the Eagles Message board, and there's a member there who insists that the Bucs and Jags are rivals. Like you, I basically said that there's no logic in that. So I basically said "Well, let's ask some Jags fans and see what they say". It just so happened that I created this member account last year when the Jags signed Nick. So here we are. lol

(03-22-2020, 07:10 PM)Rico Wrote:

Of course, the way I worded it is a little misleading, and re-reading your reply, I see that to be the case. Take Brady out of the question. The question is just concerning this supposed rivalry between the Jags and Bucs. One that I'd never heard of existing before.

So take the question in that regard, with Brady not even a consideration. Put Nick Foles into the question. Would it have mattered to you Jaguar fans if the Jags had traded Nick to the Bucs rather than to the Bears?

(03-22-2020, 08:13 PM)VBE Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 07:10 PM)Rico Wrote: Why the hell would Brady going to the Bugs make them a rival?  I don't even understand the logic.

Of course, the way I worded it is a little misleading, and re-reading your reply, I see that to be the case. Take Brady out of the question. The question is just concerning this supposed rivalry between the Jags and Bucs. One that I'd never heard of existing before.

So take the question in that regard, with Brady not even a consideration. Put Nick Foles into the question. Would it have mattered to you Jaguar fans if the Jags had traded Nick to the Bucs rather than to the Bears?
They are not a rival. Honestly I wouldn’t have cared at all if foles, Fowler, Campbell, or even Ramsey went there. They are not in our division or conference.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 09:18 PM by Jags.)

On top of it in no way being a rival, why would an eagles fan give a [BLEEP]?  I’m completely lost in this whole thing.

He’ll, if anything, I’d root for a fellow Florida team if the Jags were out of it before another team.

The biggest rivalry in Florida comes down to the Ponce de Leon cup between the three. Now, with TB13 at the helm in TB, well then we may have some sort of rivalry.  But not one that anyone really gives a crap about.