Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC and NFC Championship games

(01-19-2020, 06:35 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 06:32 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I was just thinking about this, I am really hoping they extend tannehill and Henry. He looks like Bortles out there.

But they have gone to the playoffs multiple times in the last couple of years tho. So not really like us.

I think they're more talented on offense, but I can't help but think Tannehill regresses to the mean and Henry probably gets lazy if he gets paid.
I’ve worked with Derrick Henry Sr. a couple of times and if the son is like the dad, there won’t be laziness I can assure you that.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-19-2020, 07:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 06:35 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I think they're more talented on offense, but I can't help but think Tannehill regresses to the mean and Henry probably gets lazy if he gets paid.
I’ve worked with Derrick Henry Sr. a couple of times and if the son is like the dad, there won’t be laziness I can assure you that.

Then what was the deal his first three seasons?

Great call on 3rd down by Shanahan. Just so many things to focus on.

Joey Bosa is a BEAST

Man this game is ending quick. 49ers vs Chiefs is going to be a real fun one to watch though! That D line getting to Mahomes will be the story.

I wonder if that 49ers defense can slow down Mahomes and the Chiefs offense

(01-19-2020, 07:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 07:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: I’ve worked with Derrick Henry Sr. a couple of times and if the son is like the dad, there won’t be laziness I can assure you that.

Maybe the OL wasn’t very good when he first arrived? He also has had 2 different OC’s and HC since he’s been there. Or maybe it took a couple of seasons to get acclimated to the pro game? He’s certainly hasn’t taken a season off like the guy employed here.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(01-19-2020, 07:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 07:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: I’ve worked with Derrick Henry Sr. a couple of times and if the son is like the dad, there won’t be laziness I can assure you that.

He always ran us over. But he does like to start his season alittle slow then pick up steam later.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-19-2020, 08:20 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 07:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Then what was the deal his first three seasons?

Maybe the OL wasn’t very good when he first arrived? He also has had 2 different OC’s and HC since he’s been there. Or maybe it took a couple of seasons to get acclimated to the pro game? He’s certainly hasn’t taken a season off like the guy employed here.

Sure, could have been anything, but the results show he does best in a contract year, I've seen that before. As for the Jaguars problem running back, he's not even talented enough to turn it on like Henry did this season.

Crushing turnover.

Rodgers luck looks like its all out. I think hes more Brett Farve than Tom Brady.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Packers are playing awful here. Missed tackles, turnovers. They look stunned.

Niners playing great so far.

(01-19-2020, 08:31 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 08:20 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Maybe the OL wasn’t very good when he first arrived? He also has had 2 different OC’s and HC since he’s been there. Or maybe it took a couple of seasons to get acclimated to the pro game? He’s certainly hasn’t taken a season off like the guy employed here.

Sure, could have been anything, but the results show he does best in a contract year, I've seen that before. As for the Jaguars problem running back, he's not even talented enough to turn it on like Henry did this season.
He’s progressed every year he’s been in the league tho. He went over a 1000 yards last year and averaged nearly 5 yards a carry. Boy ain’t lazy. They’ve just figured out how to use him.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(01-19-2020, 08:49 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 08:31 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Sure, could have been anything, but the results show he does best in a contract year, I've seen that before. As for the Jaguars problem running back, he's not even talented enough to turn it on like Henry did this season.
He’s progressed every year he’s been in the league tho. He went over a 1000 yards last year and averaged nearly 5 yards a carry. Boy ain’t lazy. They’ve just figured out how to use him.

We'll see if he gets a big payday. My guess is he doesn't, though, maybe the franchise tag, which essentially puts him into another contract season.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 08:56 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

(01-19-2020, 08:52 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 08:49 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: He’s progressed every year he’s been in the league tho. He went over a 1000 yards last year and averaged nearly 5 yards a carry. Boy ain’t lazy. They’ve just figured out how to use him.

We'll see if he gets a big payday. My guess is he doesn't, though, maybe the franchise tag, which essentially puts him into another contract season.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. Franchise tagged twice and then cut. Life of the star RB in the NFL.

Packers are [BLEEP] the bed out West once again. Aaron getting owned by the team he wanted to play for.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(01-19-2020, 08:53 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 08:52 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: We'll see if he gets a big payday. My guess is he doesn't, though, maybe the franchise tag, which essentially puts him into another contract season.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. Franchise tagged twice and then cut. Life of the star RB in the NFL.

If he gets the tag he should do like others have done and wait as long as he can to sign it and join the team, like you said, the career of a running back is short and violent, no need to waste it playing a full season on the tag.

Robert Saleh got that defense rolling.

Rough game for the Packers. Things have already gotten away from them in this first half. I had hoped this game would be more competitive and it even though there is still a half left it looks like SF is going to Super Bowl.

I have always thought that Rodgers was overated and would only get one ring like Farve. This game is confirming my thoughts. Also, the pack isn't that good, but we already knew that. Rodgers turning into winston trying to do too much.

This dumb meathead D coordinator for SF got passed up for Cleveland HC. Poor guy.