Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ARob had a decent season

(02-12-2020, 04:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 03:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He flatly stated he broke off talks BECAUSE he decided he wanted to move on. 
It was not about money.

He also said the Jaguars final offer wasn't as good as the bears. It's rarely just one thing or another, he wanted to move on and the money wasn't good enough relative to the bears. 

You think he wouldn't have stayed if they offered him significantly more than the bears did?

According the Arob they were close in training camp and then never spoke to him about it all the way through to February
Hmmmm And who was running the show then?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-12-2020, 04:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 03:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He flatly stated he broke off talks BECAUSE he decided he wanted to move on. 
It was not about money.

He also said the Jaguars final offer wasn't as good as the bears. It's rarely just one thing or another, he wanted to move on and the money wasn't good enough relative to the bears. 

You think he wouldn't have stayed if they offered him significantly more than the bears did?

According the Arob they were close in training camp and then never spoke to him about it all the way through to February

Final offer?? 

He ended negotiations mid stream. There was no final offer. 

He decided he didn’t want to play here. Period.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 05:43 PM by JackCity.)

(02-12-2020, 04:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 04:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: He also said the Jaguars final offer wasn't as good as the bears. It's rarely just one thing or another, he wanted to move on and the money wasn't good enough relative to the bears. 

Final offer?? 

Source? Because I definitely remember hearing the Jags made an offer in March or so, but open to being wrong

(02-12-2020, 05:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 04:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Final offer?? 

Source? Because I definitely remember hearing the Jags made an offer in March or so,  but open to being wrong

I’ve linked to the article several times in the past.

I’ll try to find it again when I have a minute to look.

(02-12-2020, 05:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Source? Because I definitely remember hearing the Jags made an offer in March or so,  but open to being wrong

BS they always say the same thing "he didn't wanna be here" but never actually give any proof.

He didn't want to be here because there was a better offer elsewhere.

(02-13-2020, 03:05 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 05:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: Source? Because I definitely remember hearing the Jags made an offer in March or so,  but open to being wrong

BS they always say the same thing "he didn't wanna be here" but never actually give any proof.

LOL

Read it from the horse’s mouth, moron: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jaguarswire...l-lii/amp/

I’ve posted this article several times and in it Robinson states that he and his agent paused negotiations with the jags and then later decided a change was needed.

(02-13-2020, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 03:05 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: BS they always say the same thing "he didn't wanna be here" but never actually give any proof.

LOL

I’ve posted this article several times and in it Robinson states that he and his agent paused negotiations with the jags and then later decided a change was needed.

Before the 2017 is a giant caveat that needed to be mentioned. Everything everyone else is talking about is post 2017 and ACL tear.

(02-13-2020, 07:11 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Before the 2017 is a giant caveat that needed to be mentioned. Everything everyone else is talking about is post 2017 and ACL tear.

Makes no difference. 

Robinson’s side halted the negotiation before it was complete and subsequently also decided to make a move to a new team. 

Acting like the jags didn’t offer enough to keep him is a flatly false narrative. 
That is not what happened. They were not given the chance.

(02-13-2020, 08:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 07:11 PM)Upper Wrote: Before the 2017 is a giant caveat that needed to be mentioned. Everything everyone else is talking about is post 2017 and ACL tear.

Makes no difference. 

Robinson’s side halted the negotiation before it was complete and subsequently also decided to make a move to a new team. 

Acting like the jags didn’t offer enough to keep him is a flatly false narrative. 

"The wide receiver wasn't itching to leave Jacksonville but understood the Jaguars' perspective on his value.
"The drift that I kind of had is that they [weren't] going to franchise [tag] me and if the number reached over a certain number [in negotiations], then we just weren't going to get a deal done," Robinson said.
"They did end up making an offer the night before [the legal tampering period], but we were just on two totally different pages, which I understand."
Robinson made the most of his ability to freely negotiate with other teams during free agency. He felt like he received proper compensation from the Bears organization."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.firstco...-531987454

(02-14-2020, 10:15 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 08:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Makes no difference. 

"The wide receiver wasn't itching to leave Jacksonville but understood the Jaguars' perspective on his value.
"The drift that I kind of had is that they [weren't] going to franchise [tag] me and if the number reached over a certain number [in negotiations], then we just weren't going to get a deal done," Robinson said.
"They did end up making an offer the night before [the legal tampering period], but we were just on two totally different pages, which I understand."
Robinson made the most of his ability to freely negotiate with other teams during free agency. He felt like he received proper compensation from the Bears organization."

His words there contradict the usatoday article. 
*shrug*

(02-14-2020, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 10:15 AM)JackCity Wrote: "The wide receiver wasn't itching to leave Jacksonville but understood the Jaguars' perspective on his value.

*shrug*

I don't think they do. I think him and his team were fine to leave if they had to and this was compounded by the FO not valuing him to the price they wanted. If the final offer was good maybe he stays , maybe he still leaves , but you could at least have forced the issue a lot more or just tagged

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2020, 10:04 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(02-13-2020, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 03:05 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: BS they always say the same thing "he didn't wanna be here" but never actually give any proof.

LOL

That's your proof? xD you are an idiot. Where exactly does he say "I don't care what Jacksonville offers, I wanna leave" I know you are not very bright but at least I thought you had a bit of common sense. It is obvious he left because he got a better deal from the Bears. You expect him to come out and say "I wanted more money the Jags refused so I went with the Bears"? LOL

(02-14-2020, 12:36 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: His words there contradict the usatoday article. 
*shrug*

I don't think they do. I think him and his team were fine to leave if they had to and this was compounded by the FO not valuing him to the price they wanted. If the final offer was good maybe he stays , maybe he still leaves , but you could at least have forced the issue a lot more or just tagged

If the Jags offer was better he stays, I mean, who would go to the Bears for stability when they have and unproven coach and Trubisky?

(02-14-2020, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 10:15 AM)JackCity Wrote: "The wide receiver wasn't itching to leave Jacksonville but understood the Jaguars' perspective on his value.

*shrug*

Hahahahaha

(02-15-2020, 10:01 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

That's your proof? xD you are an idiot. Where exactly does he say "I don't care what Jacksonville offers, I wanna leave" I know you are not very bright but at least I thought you had a bit of common sense. It is obvious he left because he got a better deal from the Bears. You expect him to come out and say "I wanted more money the Jags refused so I went with the Bears"? LOL
He says it right here, moron:

Lastly, Robinson finished the interview by discussing how the Jags’ frequent changes made things difficult on the players and eventually caused him to want a change of scenery, which is something he feels Bortles needs, too.[/color]

“I’m going to be honest, for me and my career, yes, [a change was needed],” Robinson said. “Based off the simple fact that it’s tough in this league to play with numerous offensive coordinators and multiple coaches and that’s how I feel about Blake. […] [The situation with the Bears] wasn’t like my rookie year [in Jacksonville] where we had a different offensive coordinator in my second year, when we had a great year with coach Olly [Greg Olson]. Then six or seven games into the next year we fire coach Olly, and now we have interim coach [Nate] Hackett, then we fire coach [Gus] Bradley, now we have coach [Doug] Marrone, then they had Hackett for all of that year and fired him this past year. So as a player it’s tough, extremely tough.”[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]Talk about telling it like it is.[/color]

(02-15-2020, 06:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 10:01 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: That's your proof? xD you are an idiot. Where exactly does he say "I don't care what Jacksonville offers, I wanna leave" I know you are not very bright but at least I thought you had a bit of common sense. It is obvious he left because he got a better deal from the Bears. You expect him to come out and say "I wanted more money the Jags refused so I went with the Bears"? LOL
He says it right here, moron:

Lastly, Robinson finished the interview by discussing how the Jags’ frequent changes made things difficult on the players and eventually caused him to want a change of scenery, which is something he feels Bortles needs, too.[/color]

“I’m going to be honest, for me and my career, yes, [a change was needed],” Robinson said. “Based off the simple fact that it’s tough in this league to play with numerous offensive coordinators and multiple coaches and that’s how I feel about Blake. […] [The situation with the Bears] wasn’t like my rookie year [in Jacksonville] where we had a different offensive coordinator in my second year, when we had a great year with coach Olly [Greg Olson]. Then six or seven games into the next year we fire coach Olly, and now we have interim coach [Nate] Hackett, then we fire coach [Gus] Bradley, now we have coach [Doug] Marrone, then they had Hackett for all of that year and fired him this past year. So as a player it’s tough, extremely tough.”[/color]

So you got nothing? Gotcha!

(02-17-2020, 12:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 06:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He says it right here, moron:

So you got nothing? Gotcha!

What an idiot.  The guy shows you a quote from an article and your brilliant comeback is 'you got nothing.  I'm surprised your mom still let's you use the computer.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The conclusion I take away is the Jaguars would have needed to significantly outbid other teams to get Robinson to stay. 

I think at best you can safely say it was 50/50 for him and he undeniably showed a lot of frustration during his last two seasons here.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 01:56 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(02-17-2020, 05:40 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 12:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So you got nothing? Gotcha!

What an idiot.  The guy shows you a quote from an article and your brilliant comeback is 'you got nothing.  I'm surprised your mom still let's you use the computer.

An article from 2019 LMAO.

He has been saying all this time that AR didn't wanna be here no matter what, he didn't provide any proof of that. AR is already on another team, do you expect him to say "I wanted more money than the Jags were offering that's why I choose Chicago"? really? A Rob said he wanted stability but he choose a team with a unproven coach and a horrible QB... makes sense...

You have no proof whatsoever that he didn't wanna be here, or that Jags offer was as good as the Bears.

He didn't re-sign because he got offered more in Chicago, period.

(02-12-2020, 04:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 04:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: He also said the Jaguars final offer wasn't as good as the bears. It's rarely just one thing or another, he wanted to move on and the money wasn't good enough relative to the bears. 

Final offer?? 

Never provided any proof, so yeah... NOTHING

(02-27-2020, 01:54 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 05:40 PM)Rico Wrote: What an idiot.  The guy shows you a quote from an article and your brilliant comeback is 'you got nothing.  I'm surprised your mom still let's you use the computer.

An article from 2019 LMAO.

He has been saying all this time that AR didn't wanna be here no matter what, he didn't provide any proof of that. AR is already on another team, do you expect him to say "I wanted more money than the Jags were offering that's why I choose Chicago"? really? A Rob said he wanted stability but he choose a team with a unproven coach and a horrible QB... makes sense...

You have no proof whatsoever that he didn't wanna be here, or that Jags offer was as good as the Bears.

When Allen Robinson said :
“I’m going to be honest, for me and my career, yes, a change was needed"

^
That was him saying he had decided he didn't want to play in Jacksonville anymore.  Not surprised this is difficult for you to get your head around.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020, 01:53 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(02-28-2020, 11:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 01:54 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: An article from 2019 LMAO.

When Allen Robinson said :
“I’m going to be honest, for me and my career, yes, a change was needed"

^
That was him saying he had decided he didn't want to play in Jacksonville anymore.  Not surprised this is difficult for you to get your head around.

2019 lol.

Because pretty much no player who changes teams says that after the original team didn't offer him as much money. You are pretty stupid if you really believe that means there was no way he was coming back here.

That's your proof for this "He ended negotiations mid stream. There was no final offer. "?