Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TMZ reporting Kobe Bryant has died!!

I never understood how people would get so upset when celebrity figures that they didn't actually know would pass. Today made me understand. This is one of my favorite athletes of all time. I have a 8 and a 24 jersey. I teared up looking at them today. Watching him during my high school days is the main reason i love the Lakers. My heart goes out to his family. This is absolutely devastating. I remember his game when he dropped 81. And not like harden who does it all from the free throw line. That man was absolutely untouchable when he was locked in.

Rest Easy Champ, The world was lucky to have you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2020, 06:31 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Anyone else catch the MSNBC reporter dropping the N-word on live TV while covering the event? Yikes!

Hearing the explanation and then listening to it again and I believe it was just a mistake.

Knicks and Lakers combined to make Nakers which sounds very close to that.

That’s a shame. My heart goes out to his and the other families.

I am not and never have been a fan of the NBA, but I knew about Kobe.  It's sad to see his young life ended as well as the life of his daughter along with the rest that perished.  May they all RIP and prayers for all of those lost and their families.

Some might view 41 years of age as "old", but in my experience that's when "real life" begins.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-27-2020, 07:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I am not and never have been a fan of the NBA, but I knew about Kobe.  It's sad to see his young life ended as well as the life of his daughter along with the rest that perished.  May they all RIP and prayers for all of those lost and their families.

Some might view 41 years of age as "old", but in my experience that's when "real life" begins.

That’s kinda how I am.  I quit watching the NBA not long after Jordan retired.  It was hard not to watch when you live in Chicago at the time.  The only thing I knew about Kobe was the accusations that were made against him.  We all know how those go.  But I had a bad taste in my mouth about him.  Not being in the loop, I didn’t know, until now, how involved he was with his kids life as well as other all the other things he did.  Not to mention the work ethic.  So at 41... That sucks.  But more it’s a damn shame his daughter and another kid on board.  41 is early.  But 13 or whatever they were is way too young.  I feel bad for all the families.  I’m sure some feel like Kobe’s death is overshadowing their family’s loss.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-27-2020, 07:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I am not and never have been a fan of the NBA, but I knew about Kobe.  It's sad to see his young life ended as well as the life of his daughter along with the rest that perished.  May they all RIP and prayers for all of those lost and their families.

I have been a Celtics fan for most of my life and the Lakers were always a rival but I had nothing but respect for Kobe. It is a true tragedy. 

About 41 yeah, when you get a few years in you start to realize how young that really is.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 12:47 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Always one of my favs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...Diikkq-cmA

(01-27-2020, 11:19 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 06:31 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Anyone else catch the MSNBC reporter dropping the N-word on live TV while covering the event? Yikes!

Hearing the explanation and then listening to it again and I believe it was just a mistake.

Knicks and Lakers combined to make Nakers which sounds very close to that.
SMDH...

Most times we hear what we want to hear BUT the reality is that she pronounced two G(s) and neither Knicks or Lakers are spelled w/the letter G.

Her boss know the truth to which she has been Indefinitely Suspended.

NH3...
"AZANE"