Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP Kobe Bryant

Mamba and his daughter killed in helicopter crash.

Tragic.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2020, 08:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Mamba and his daughter killed in helicopter crash.

Tragic.

It really is, I still can’t believe it happened. Thoughts with the other families also. It seemed like he was going to 1000 oaks where he practices with his girls AAU team. I am really worried that the other victims where more members of that team. Sometimes life isn’t fair. RIP.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

So tragic. There was another and parent and child from the team on the copter apparently.

Like i said on another page. This one really got to me. I never really have been bent out of shape when celeb figures passed away. But this one hurt. He is one of my favorite athletes of all time. Watching him through my middle school and high school days was the reason i fell in love with the lakers. I have a 8 and a 24 Jersey and i choked up looking at them today. That has never happened to me. My heart goes out to his family. The Mamba was and for ever will be an absolute Legend. And to have this happen with his daughter on the way to one of her games, is just devastating.

Rest Easy Champ.

Some of the worst news I’ve ever heard. What a tragic way to go.. I wish his family peace in these tough times

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I read this on another MB and it shook me a little. My wife and I are expecting our dirt child next month. I can’t even imagine all of this going through my head I a moment like that. I

Can you even imagine how difficult it was for him in that moment? The moment he knew that not only his own life was about to end, but that of his daughter...a life he helped create. Can you imagine how he felt as a father knowing he couldn't protect her? Can you imagine him holding her, consoling her, telling her he loved her as that helicopter went down? As a parent, I can tell you, Kobe Bryant's greatest fear was realized today. And it wasn't the fear for his own life, but for that of his beautiful daughter. Because as a parent, your life means nothing in comparison to the lives of your children. We live for our children. We breathe for our children. They are our reason for being. We would also die for them, without hesitation. Without question, without a moments notice, we would lay down our own lives to ensure theirs. Just thinking of his internal struggle in those last moments tears my heart into pieces. He knew his daughter's young life was ending. He knew he was leaving 3 other precious children behind. Oh, how his heart must have ached! Can you even imagine the agony that played out in his mind? Every parents worst nightmare happening to him in real time. He was there when his sweet girl took her first breath, and he was there with her when she took her last. And that's the only solace I can find in this...that he was there. In her final moments, her daddy was there to remind her of his undying love. And with everything in me, I hope that baby felt every ounce of love her daddy had for her. I hope it overwhelmed her, and carried her straight into paradise. Because I know that's all her daddy wanted too. Rest in piece Kobe and Gigi. Our hearts mourn you Hug your children extra tight tonight, mamas and daddies. Tomorrow is never promised. - Jade North of Four Norths in the South #Repost

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2020, 10:56 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-27-2020, 05:05 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I read this on another MB and it shook me a little. My wife and I are expecting  our dirt child next month. I can’t even imagine all of this going through my head I a moment like that. I

Can you even imagine how difficult it was for him in that moment? The moment he knew that not only his own life was about to end, but that of his daughter...a life he helped create. Can you imagine how he felt as a father knowing he couldn't protect her? Can you imagine him holding her, consoling her, telling her he loved her as that helicopter went down? As a parent, I can tell you, Kobe Bryant's greatest fear was realized today. And it wasn't the fear for his own life, but for that of his beautiful daughter. Because as a parent, your life means nothing in comparison to the lives of your children. We live for our children. We breathe for our children. They are our reason for being. We would also die for them, without hesitation. Without question, without a moments notice, we would lay down our own lives to ensure theirs. Just thinking of his internal struggle in those last moments tears my heart into pieces. He knew his daughter's young life was ending. He knew he was leaving 3 other precious children behind. Oh, how his heart must have ached! Can you even imagine the agony that played out in his mind? Every parents worst nightmare happening to him in real time. He was there when his sweet girl took her first breath, and he was there with her when she took her last. And that's the only solace I can find in this...that he was there. In her final moments, her daddy was there to remind her of his undying love. And with everything in me, I hope that baby felt every ounce of love her daddy had for her. I hope it overwhelmed her, and carried her straight into paradise. Because I know that's all her daddy wanted too. Rest in piece Kobe and Gigi. Our hearts mourn you Hug your children extra tight tonight, mamas and daddies. Tomorrow is never promised. - Jade North of Four Norths in the South #Repost

It is awful. From current "reports", it sounds like they hit a mountain, so it likely happened quickly before they knew anything even happened. There is obviously no way to make this situation better than it is, but knowing it went quick versus the scenario you painted as the chopper was going down makes it a little easier to cope with.

I will wait to see the report, but assuming this is the same pilot he has used his entire career, it is a little mind boggling to me that he wasn't more aware of the terrain and his altitude. Anyone here with flying experience? Not sure how fog impacts the whole situation outside of visibility.