Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Barnwell: Are the Jags Next Season's 49ers?

The guy starts off saying its possible with Foles back at starter. Nope.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-28-2020, 08:52 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: The guy starts off saying its possible with Foles back at starter. Nope.

your avatar is the perfect response to that statement.

The only thing we know about our possibilities with Foles at starter is we have no idea what possibilities there are with him at starter.

With regard to the premise, I think the combination of TC interfering with personnel and coaching decisions, the overpromotion of Flip, and injuries to the D all contributed to a lot of our losses. The team is a resilient bunch. There's a foundation to build upon.

We should see improvement. How much improvement remains to be seen.

I think our schedule is too hard to be a playoff team this year but unfortunately, we're not going to be bad enough to get a quarterback like Trevor Lawrence. We're stuck in mediocrity
[Image: giphy.gif]

Jags - offseason champions since 2017.

(01-28-2020, 06:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The point is, the 49ers were 4-12 last year.

No one is predicting the Jags will go to the Super Bowl next year. But it is possible. Give us an offensive lineman, a TE, a DT, and a linebacker, and all of a sudden, we might go from 6-10 to 8-8 or 9-7. Teams do get better.

Nah, if that was the point then the article would be called who is this year's Cowboys or something.

(01-28-2020, 10:58 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: I think our schedule is too hard to be a playoff team this year but unfortunately, we're not going to be bad enough to get a quarterback like Trevor Lawrence. We're stuck in mediocrity

Its ok.  Alot on here feel this is not the year for QB so hopefully we can get a good mid 1st round QB that has a minshew esque rookie year or something.  It's either mediocrity or having luck and striking gold with this team and fan base.  Its like we fix the team this offseason and then trade up for a top QB with our two first to get trevor i guess.  They'll make it make sense before the next draft.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-28-2020, 01:43 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 10:58 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: I think our schedule is too hard to be a playoff team this year but unfortunately, we're not going to be bad enough to get a quarterback like Trevor Lawrence. We're stuck in mediocrity

Its ok.  Alot on here feel this is not the year for QB so hopefully we can get a good mid 1st round QB that has a minshew esque rookie year or something.  It's either mediocrity or having luck and striking gold with this team and fan base.  Its like we fix the team this offseason and then trade up for a top QB with our two first to get trevor i guess.  They'll make it make sense before the next draft.

Instead of drafting a QB who might have a Minshew-esque rookie year, why not just play Minshew and draft BAP?

(01-28-2020, 02:11 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 01:43 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Its ok.  Alot on here feel this is not the year for QB so hopefully we can get a good mid 1st round QB that has a minshew esque rookie year or something.  It's either mediocrity or having luck and striking gold with this team and fan base.  Its like we fix the team this offseason and then trade up for a top QB with our two first to get trevor i guess.  They'll make it make sense before the next draft.

Instead of drafting a QB who might have a Minshew-esque rookie year, why not just play Minshew and draft BAP?

You mean actually try and build the team around Minshew? The guy who brings hope and excitement to the franchise? Nah, we will be starting Foles instead, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 03:48 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-28-2020, 02:11 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 01:43 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Its ok.  Alot on here feel this is not the year for QB so hopefully we can get a good mid 1st round QB that has a minshew esque rookie year or something.  It's either mediocrity or having luck and striking gold with this team and fan base.  Its like we fix the team this offseason and then trade up for a top QB with our two first to get trevor i guess.  They'll make it make sense before the next draft.

We should be building the team every year and Minshew did great for a rookie.  If he can do that for more than just his 1st year then i'd be happy.  If not, which happens more often than most probably think, then we are stuck needing a QB with more than likely a mid rd 1st since i dont think we will be as bad but not as good as we should to be playoff contenders.  I want a Franchise QB regardless of whether he is "cool" to alot of people.  I want someone who can take this team on his back and win a ship if needbe.  Not someone who can get tv commercial deals while stuck in mediocrity.  Idk maybe im just asking for too much as a fan.

I guess i just want a gamer and a winner. I dont care about the facial hair, body type, non of that. Give me W's and ships and you can be the dull, stay to yourself type player for all i care.
Season Tix, Section 409

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 03:55 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-28-2020, 03:46 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 02:11 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Instead of drafting a QB who might have a Minshew-esque rookie year, why not just play Minshew and draft BAP?

We should be building the team every year and Minshew did great for a rookie.  If he can do that for more than just his 1st year then i'd be happy.  If not, which happens more often than most probably think, then we are stuck needing a QB with more than likely a mid rd 1st since i dont think we will be as bad but not as good as we should to be playoff contenders.  I want a Franchise QB regardless of whether he is "cool" to alot of people.  I want someone who can take this team on his back and win a ship if needbe.  Not someone who can get tv commercial deals while stuck in mediocrity.  Idk maybe im just asking for too much as a fan.

I guess i just want a gamer and a winner.  I dont care about the facial hair, body type, non of that.   Give me W's and ships and you can be the dull, stay to yourself type player for all i care.

He is a gamer. All he wants is to win. He exudes winning. He exudes confidence.

He broke rookie NFL records... that means he had a better rookie campaign than every single HOF QB ever... on a team not even built for him. Does that mean he will be better? Nope. But he deserves to have a team built around him for it.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 04:21 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-28-2020, 03:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 03:46 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: We should be building the team every year and Minshew did great for a rookie.  If he can do that for more than just his 1st year then i'd be happy.  If not, which happens more often than most probably think, then we are stuck needing a QB with more than likely a mid rd 1st since i dont think we will be as bad but not as good as we should to be playoff contenders.  I want a Franchise QB regardless of whether he is "cool" to alot of people.  I want someone who can take this team on his back and win a ship if needbe.  Not someone who can get tv commercial deals while stuck in mediocrity.  Idk maybe im just asking for too much as a fan.

I guess i just want a gamer and a winner.  I dont care about the facial hair, body type, non of that.   Give me W's and ships and you can be the dull, stay to yourself type player for all i care.

He broke rookie NFL records... that means he had a better rookie campaign than every single HOF QB ever... on a team not even built for him. Does that mean he will be better? Nope. But he deserves to have a team built around him for it.

I hear the other side, trust me.  All im saying is that the holes on this team are the same holes we were trying to fix before he was drafted.  We knew we needed OL help, TE help, FS help in the secondary and LB help with only Myles and Telvin.  WE also knew we weren't going to keep campbell and dareus for long with Yann and other rookies coming up for bigger contracts.  This is nothing new but with the shew hype, i guess its more prominent to others now.  I, like most, were not on the Foles bandwagon because of this but here we are.
Season Tix, Section 409

(01-28-2020, 03:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 03:46 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: We should be building the team every year and Minshew did great for a rookie.  If he can do that for more than just his 1st year then i'd be happy.  If not, which happens more often than most probably think, then we are stuck needing a QB with more than likely a mid rd 1st since i dont think we will be as bad but not as good as we should to be playoff contenders.  I want a Franchise QB regardless of whether he is "cool" to alot of people.  I want someone who can take this team on his back and win a ship if needbe.  Not someone who can get tv commercial deals while stuck in mediocrity.  Idk maybe im just asking for too much as a fan.

He didn't have a better rookie campaign than every single HOF QB though

(01-28-2020, 04:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 03:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He is a gamer. All he wants is to win. He exudes winning. He exudes confidence.

Every single is obviously hyperbole.

90% of them

(01-28-2020, 04:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 03:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He is a gamer. All he wants is to win. He exudes winning. He exudes confidence.

Maybe not all of them
But better than Aikman, Bradshaw, lil Manning (future HoF), Fouts, Elway... His numbers (in fewer starts) are comparable to P Manning and better in some spots. (I'd look at more... but I've already done more work than I like to do)

Granted, a lot of these guys played in a different era when QBs were different players totally.
But Minshew played out of his mind considering the roster we have and the conditions (not being prepped to start, being pulled and reinserted later in season)

(01-28-2020, 05:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 04:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: He didn't have a better rookie campaign than every single HOF QB though

Maybe not all of them
But better than Aikman, Bradshaw, lil Manning (future HoF), Fouts, Elway... His numbers (in fewer starts) are comparable to P Manning and better in some spots. (I'd look at more... but I've already done more work than I like to do)

Granted, a lot of these guys played in a different era when QBs were different players totally.
But Minshew played out of his mind considering the roster we have and the conditions (not being prepped to start, being pulled and reinserted later in season)

It was a very good rookie season given the circumstances. Not a top 5 rookie QB season this decade but more than good enough to be worth going all out this season to see what he looks like before thinking about the position again. 

Hopefully they can  get enough pieces around him ASAP. Gruden is a good start but getting used to that offense will be a challenge in itself even for Minshew once the bullets start flying

We'd need a strong OL, a completely new LB corps and a superstar TE for that to become reality.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(01-30-2020, 02:41 PM)pirkster Wrote: We'd need a strong OL, a completely new LB corps and a superstar TE for that to become reality.

We have 8 draft picks... So draft a NT, 2 OL, 3 LB, and 2 TEs?

Championship?

(01-28-2020, 11:52 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Jags - offseason champions since 2017.

Since 2008
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Lmao at this thread.. this franchise is a dumpster fire. We’re years removed from being competitive. This roster is about to become even more stripped this offseason. 8-8 if we’re lucky. We have no defense.

(01-31-2020, 11:44 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 02:41 PM)pirkster Wrote: We'd need a strong OL, a completely new LB corps and a superstar TE for that to become reality.

We have 8 draft picks... So draft a NT, 2 OL, 3 LB, and 2 TEs?

Championship?

I like the way you think.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."