Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Scouting Questions???

Hey guys  Banana

So this year I got a job being a scout for a company up in Pennsylvania and was able to get paid to watch football for about 50 hours a week. I was also given the ability to write for the company book SIS Rookie Handbook, so if you have bought that in the past and plan on buying it this year then you will see my name under a couple of the reports. With all that aside, I was wondering if any of you all had any questions on prospects or how the scouting process works or maybe yall want to know what coaches or GMs are like without the media around? Just let me know Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who were you working for? Who were you watching?

Living the dream man!

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2020, 06:30 PM by ColoJag.)

(01-27-2020, 05:53 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Who were you working for? Who were you watching?

Living the dream man!

Sports Info Solutions 

I watched pretty much everyone from Wagner to Bama, however, I was in charge of the participation for the Jags and Colorado every week. So if yall look at stats on ESPN for either of those teams, those are done by yours truly Smile so besides those two I would get 3 to 5 other completely random games every week

(01-27-2020, 06:01 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 05:53 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Who were you working for? Who were you watching?

Living the dream man!

Sports Info Solutions 

I watched pretty much everyone from Wagner to Bama, however, I was in charge of the participation for the Jags and Colorado every week. So if yall look at stats on ESPN for either of those teams, those are done by yours truly Smile so besides those two I would get 3 to 5 other completely random games every week

Congrats on the new gig. 

I will definitely bug you for opinions/insight on prospects when I start my armchair analysis phase a little closer to the draft.

Who are you high on for the jags then? Who don't you like?

Easiest question, based on your expertise - if you were the Jags' GM, Shenault at 20 or not? Does he complement the current corps of receivers we have, or replace someone with similar skillset?

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 01:53 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

So is Jordan Love a lo CV k as a top5 pivk?

(01-28-2020, 01:51 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: So is Jordan Love a lock as a top5 pick?

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

How can I get into scouting?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-28-2020, 02:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: How can I get into scouting?

Scouting is easy to get into.

Paid scouting is the tricky part.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 11:40 AM by ColoJag.)

(01-27-2020, 11:41 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Who are you high on for the jags then? Who don't you like?

I'm going to make a big board this week

(01-28-2020, 11:06 AM)Mikey Wrote: Easiest question, based on your expertise - if you were the Jags' GM, Shenault at 20 or not? Does he complement the current corps of receivers we have, or replace someone with similar skillset?

His injury in this stacked class, will make him slide. He reminds me of a Randall Cobb/Anquan Bolden mix so I'm a big fan. Very versatile so he can be a big slot or an x or y. Don't think he will ever be a #1 guy, but a solid 2 and potential to be an elite slot. Needs to work on his motor and toughness. Would be fine with him in the 2nd round

(01-28-2020, 01:51 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: So is Jordan Love a lo CV k as a top5 pivk?

(01-28-2020, 01:51 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: So is Jordan Love a lock as a top5 pick?

He shouldn't be, he has people who LOVE him in the community and guys who want nothing to do with him. I'm not on the hate side, but I'm not a fan. Don't like Herbert either

(01-28-2020, 02:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: How can I get into scouting?

I went to school for sports Management and then applied to a bunch of jobs out of college and got on with these guys.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0879466812/ref...GEbKF3ASZK

If anyone would want to buy my companies book, there is the link. Has scouting reports on 250+ guys and also analytic charts. We send it out every year to teams and they use it to help build there boards.