Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Herbert

(02-07-2020, 02:27 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 11:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Burrow didn't come our of nowhere, he was actually LSUs QB last year he just improved a ton.  A few years before he was ahead of Haskins on the depth chart at Ohio St before getting hurt then Haskins jumped him

Burrow did improve but it was for one year.  He has to break some rookie records and show some promise to be the Franchise guy in Cin before i get excited about anything from him.  There have been QBs with less hype that have come in and broke records so unless he shows that type of success, im meh.  Thats not to say those same qbs have lit up the league in their careers, but he should at least be able to match that or come close, if he is going to hope to live up to the hype.

While your more worried about rookie records I would much rather my QB be the long term answer.  It wouldn't shock me one bit if he sat a year or a lot of his rookie year behind Dalton like KC did with Mahomes.  I couldnt care less about rookie records for my QB

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-07-2020, 02:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 02:27 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Burrow did improve but it was for one year.  He has to break some rookie records and show some promise to be the Franchise guy in Cin before i get excited about anything from him.  There have been QBs with less hype that have come in and broke records so unless he shows that type of success, im meh.  Thats not to say those same qbs have lit up the league in their careers, but he should at least be able to match that or come close, if he is going to hope to live up to the hype.

While your more worried about rookie records I would much rather my QB be the long term answer.  It wouldn't shock me one bit if he sat a year or a lot of his rookie year behind Dalton like KC did with Mahomes.  I couldnt care less about rookie records for my QB
I'll be shocked if Dalton stays in Cincy.

(02-07-2020, 02:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 02:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: While your more worried about rookie records I would much rather my QB be the long term answer.  It wouldn't shock me one bit if he sat a year or a lot of his rookie year behind Dalton like KC did with Mahomes.  I couldnt care less about rookie records for my QB
I'll be shocked if Dalton stays in Cincy.

Yep
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-07-2020, 02:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 02:27 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Burrow did improve but it was for one year.  He has to break some rookie records and show some promise to be the Franchise guy in Cin before i get excited about anything from him.  There have been QBs with less hype that have come in and broke records so unless he shows that type of success, im meh.  Thats not to say those same qbs have lit up the league in their careers, but he should at least be able to match that or come close, if he is going to hope to live up to the hype.

I'm not really worried about it per say.  I'm just saying that if even Minshew can set some records as a rookie, this day in age, then burrow should.  This is as a day 1 starter though.  If he is benched for a while because they keep Andy, then so be it.  I just don't believe he will light it up especially with his playcallers and team.  QBs have success if the team or coaching staff can help them achieve it.  Burrow hasnt proved to me he can lead a team all by himself yet.  Until then, i'm more hyped at the team success than him being a surefire franchise qb.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.