Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Herbert

(01-31-2020, 09:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 02:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: It does considering Burrow is QB1

Burrow is a one year wonder. He's not the next great NFL QB.

What traits do you think he's lacks to be a top 10 QB

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-31-2020, 03:54 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 09:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Burrow is a one year wonder. He's not the next great NFL QB.

What traits do you think he's lacks to be a top 10 QB

What I posted in another thread:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1279212

(01-31-2020, 07:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 03:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: What traits do you think he's lacks to be a top 10 QB

What I posted in another thread:

That's interesting. He's pretty mobile and his mental processing+ accuracy have been off the charts so I feel like he's pretty safe from being consistently game planned out of games through his career personally Doesn't have a rocket arm but doesn't really need it. 

Nice to hear alternative views on him though as it seems to be a one way street of praise for him this year

(01-31-2020, 10:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 07:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What I posted in another thread:

That's interesting. He's pretty mobile and his mental processing+ accuracy have been off the charts so I feel like he's pretty safe from being consistently game planned out of games through his career personally Doesn't have a rocket arm but doesn't really need it. 

Nice to hear alternative views on him though as it seems to be a one way street of praise for him this year

I honestly hope to eat my words.

(01-31-2020, 11:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 10:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: That's interesting. He's pretty mobile and his mental processing+ accuracy have been off the charts so I feel like he's pretty safe from being consistently game planned out of games through his career personally Doesn't have a rocket arm but doesn't really need it. 

I honestly hope to eat my words.

How lame is we have to see him with the Bengals though

(01-31-2020, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 09:00 AM)Rico Wrote: So how do you know if you 'hit it big' if you just keep drafting QBs rather than giving one time to develop?

[Image: giphy.gif]

But also. . . 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State (B-)
Round 1 Pick 20: Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (C-)
Round 2 Pick 10: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (C-)
Round 3 Pick 9: Steven Montez, QB, Colorado (C-)
Round 4 Pick 10: Jake Bentley, QB, South Carolina (D)
Round 5 Pick 19: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M (C-)
Round 6 Pick 10: Bryce Perkins, QB, Virginia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: DEriq King, QB, Houston (A)
Round 7 Pick 9: Kelly Bryant, QB, Missouri (B)

Just keep doing it until it works!!!

[Image: JampackedRepentantAfricanrockpython-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I find it funny that Burrow is getting all the praise (rightfully so) but last year, Haskins was blasted for the same. Surrounded by great offensive players, an offensive system build for him and all the stats. Not to mention they’re both one year wonders.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 05:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-01-2020, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I find it funny that Burrow is getting all the praise (rightfully so) but last year, Haskins was blasted for the same. Surrounded by great offensive players, an offensive system build for him and all the stats. Not to mention they’re both one year wonders.

Haskins struggled under pressure, and their WRs a bunch of times were wide open against Big Ten defenses, they all ran 4.3s and faster than those [BLEEP] defenses. McLaurin should how good he was without Haskins when Keenum was the starter. Burrow went against SEC defenses and dominated against the beat corners and safeties in college.  LSU has great WRs but they aren't wide open no were near as much as Haskins WRs were.  Hell go look at the Oklahoma game where Joe had  7 TDs in the first half.  A lot of those TDs were great coverage by the corners but the throws were perfect and ungaurdable where the defender couldnt get to it and a few of them while Burrow was getting pressured and on the run.  Burrow had one of if not the best season ever by a college QB in the toughest division against the best defenders in college and against Ohio St and Clemson defense.  If you think they were the same why were you so high on Haskins but not Burrow?

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 05:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-01-2020, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I find it funny that Burrow is getting all the praise (rightfully so) but last year, Haskins was blasted for the same. Surrounded by great offensive players, an offensive system build for him and all the stats. Not to mention they’re both one year wonders.

When pressured, Burrow still completes 73.9 percent of his passes, a clip 9.5 percentage points better than any other player in the country and the top mark produced by any QB since at least 2011. [font=DecimaMono, monospace]4 [/font]. He also has a 211.2 passer efficiency rating, the highest among qualified passers over that stretch, and has thrown 19 touchdowns, five clear of any other QB in a single season.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/...e-haskins/

Yep the same player lol

That's because it's SEC Vs. Big Ten. Had Burrow stayed at Ohio St. and put up the same exact numbers he did at LSU he would be questioned more coming out of college. 

Ohio St. plays NOBODY during the regular season. NOBODY. Wisconsin is about as tough as it'll get for them. And they'll pull ahead of them and other teams like Cincinnati and Penn St. because they have better recruitment opportunities because it's "The" Ohio St. 

LSU ran through at least 4 - 5 top 10 - 15 ranked teams throughout the year. And they absolutely HANDLED Clemson. Wasn't even close in that 2nd half. 

Haskins was "blasted" for the same yet he ultimately ended up going 15th overall and he didn't do much as a rookie that was noteworthy. The pundits may have gotten that right last year. We'll see. I am giving the kid a pass because I don't like Dan "the man" Snyder as an Owner. He's ruined that franchise with his ego.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 05:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

You say he was blasted but he was praised more than any QB from what I remember.  Some saying they would take him at 7 regardless who was on the board and he went in the top half of round 1. Not bad for being "blasted" lol. Daniel Jones was the QB that got blasted from what I remember not Haskins and just going by the rookie year it looks like the Giants picked the right QB

Touched a nerve apparently.

I never said they were the same player but their circumstances are very similar. Coming out of no where to light up the stat sheet with great talent around them.

I’m not saying I would take someone else at #1 because Burrow has earned it. But we should pump the brakes by saying “Lamar should be worried Burrow is coming into the division.” He’s being crowned prematurely I feel like.

(02-01-2020, 09:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Touched a nerve apparently.

I never said they were the same player but their circumstances are very similar. Coming out of no where to light up the stat sheet with great talent around them.

I’m not saying I would take someone else at #1 because Burrow has earned it. But we should pump the brakes by saying “Lamar should be worried Burrow is coming into the division.” He’s being crowned prematurely I feel like.

Burrow didn't come our of nowhere, he was actually LSUs QB last year he just improved a ton.  A few years before he was ahead of Haskins on the depth chart at Ohio St before getting hurt then Haskins jumped him

(02-01-2020, 05:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

That's because it's SEC Vs. Big Ten. Had Burrow stayed at Ohio St. and put up the same exact numbers he did at LSU he would be questioned more coming out of college. 

Ohio St. plays NOBODY during the regular season. NOBODY. Wisconsin is about as tough as it'll get for them. And they'll pull ahead of them and other teams like Cincinnati and Penn St. because they have better recruitment opportunities because it's "The" Ohio St. 

LSU ran through at least 4 - 5 top 10 - 15 ranked teams throughout the year. And they absolutely HANDLED Clemson. Wasn't even close in that 2nd half. 

Haskins was "blasted" for the same yet he ultimately ended up going 15th overall and he didn't do much as a rookie that was noteworthy. The pundits may have gotten that right last year. We'll see. I am giving the kid a pass because I don't like Dan "the man" Snyder as an Owner. He's ruined that franchise with his ego.

LSU played 7 top-10 teams, and they beat all of the preseason top-4 teams.  

People like to criticize Burrow for playing on a great team, but he was one of the players that made it a great team.

The only QB in this draft that I would take a chance on over Minshew is Burrow... but still... we know Minshew can handle the NFL.

(02-02-2020, 01:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The only QB in this draft that I would take a chance on over Minshew is Burrow... but still... we know Minshew can handle the NFL.

Agreed, he is the only one I would take out of this year or last years draft over Minshew

(02-02-2020, 02:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 01:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The only QB in this draft that I would take a chance on over Minshew is Burrow... but still... we know Minshew can handle the NFL.

Agreed, he is the only one I would take out of this year or last years draft over Minshew

Add me to this list. If this team gets Minshew another weapon to throw to as well as an offensive line to protect him, his potential is limitless. Guys like him who take the public by storm are rare. One doesn't have to have the physical tools of a Marino or Elway to be very successful. Just ask Brees, Montana and Starr- to name a few. I am looking forward to watching his development next season.

(02-01-2020, 10:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

But also. . . 

Your Picks:

2/10 King xferred to da U I bleeve. Shoulda grabbed the QB from navy, we've been missing an offensive weapon since Shoelace left for the AAF.

(02-01-2020, 10:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

But also. . . 

Your Picks:

Cleatwood would love that draft

(02-01-2020, 11:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 09:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Touched a nerve apparently.

Burrow didn't come our of nowhere, he was actually LSUs QB last year he just improved a ton.  A few years before he was ahead of Haskins on the depth chart at Ohio St before getting hurt then Haskins jumped him

Burrow did improve but it was for one year.  He has to break some rookie records and show some promise to be the Franchise guy in Cin before i get excited about anything from him.  There have been QBs with less hype that have come in and broke records so unless he shows that type of success, im meh.  Thats not to say those same qbs have lit up the league in their careers, but he should at least be able to match that or come close, if he is going to hope to live up to the hype.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.