Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers and TE Greg Olsen have agreed to part ways

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 06:51 PM by mal234.)

According to Ian Rapoport and the Panthers account on Twitter, Greg and the Panthers have decided to part ways. 

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1223014788005093382

Another talented player is now leaving them. I wonder where Greg will end up going next. Maybe another team? And I have seen him on TV and it seems like that could be something he might be interested in as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 06:57 PM by Caldrac.)

He's a good player. I would love to see him here for at least a year if he has anything much left in the tank. But he will have a number of teams interested for sure. Injuries tripped him up a bit over the last three years.

But he could make for one hell of a compliment in most schemes even at the age of 34. Pair him up in San Francisco with Kittle? Or Kelce in Kansas City? Could be a good fit.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-30-2020, 06:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's a good player. I would love to see him here for at least a year if he has anything much left in the tank. But he will have a number of teams interested for sure. Injuries tripped him up a bit over the last three years.

But he could make for one hell of a compliment in most schemes even at the age of 34. Pair him up in San Francisco with Kittle? Or Kelce in Kansas City? Could be a good fit.

Ian said that Greg is still interested in playing for the "right opportunity." I am interested in seeing where he lands, I have always liked him. Maybe he will find his way to a competitive/playoff type team.

(01-30-2020, 06:59 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's a good player. I would love to see him here for at least a year if he has anything much left in the tank. But he will have a number of teams interested for sure. Injuries tripped him up a bit over the last three years.

Ian said that Greg is still interested in playing for the "right opportunity." I am interested in seeing where he lands, I have always liked him. Maybe he will find his way to a competitive/playoff type team.

Usually when the “right opportunity” presents itself, it’s the Patriots.  That or the latest flavor of the year.

He'll go to the cowboys and witten can retire and finally kill what little viewership is left for MNF.

(01-30-2020, 09:46 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:59 PM)mal234 Wrote: Ian said that Greg is still interested in playing for the "right opportunity." I am interested in seeing where he lands, I have always liked him. Maybe he will find his way to a competitive/playoff type team.

Usually when the “right opportunity” presents itself, it’s the Patriots.  That or the latest flavor of the year.
I think most of the time, you're correct. But I think we are finally seeing a changing of the guard here. KC, Baltimore, SF or maybe even Pittsburgh may be better options for Olsen.

Patriots would be ideal for him if they keep Brady.

good te,but unforttanttly he has become a injury prone player last few years now.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I am extremely disappointed to not see the Jaguars among the teams negotiating with Greg Olsen. He's a perfect veteran stopgap who can give Minshew the outlet he badly needed last season while the team sees what it's got in Oliver and any other draftees.

(02-14-2020, 11:53 AM)HTJBender Wrote: I am extremely disappointed to not see the Jaguars among the teams negotiating with Greg Olsen. He's a perfect veteran stopgap who can give Minshew the outlet he badly needed last season while the team sees what it's got in Oliver and any other draftees.

Yeah I agree. We have a huge hole at TE and he would fit as a cheap vet stop gap. Need to pursue.

Olsen to Seattle