Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rush Limbaugh announces he has 'advanced lung cancer'

(02-05-2020, 07:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 05:17 PM)jj82284 Wrote: No they can't.  They dont have that kind of showman.

You don't need showmanship, just ego. And they have that in spades.

If it were easy....  oh nevermind.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-05-2020, 08:03 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 12:07 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I didn’t know being polite was a prerequisite for the Medal of Freedom.

Apparently being a pedophile and rapist is if the POTUS is a Democrat.

Harvey Milk

1. Those claims are regarded even by Milk's detractors as dubious. Even if they're true, the old axiom of "two wrongs do not make a right" comes into play.
2. Everything alleged against Milk is just that--allegations. Limbaugh has been on-air damn near every day for the last 30+ years reminding everyone that there's nothing alleged about his behavior. It's all out there for anyone to listen to.

(02-06-2020, 11:59 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 08:03 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Apparently being a pedophile and rapist is if the POTUS is a Democrat.

Harvey Milk

1. Those claims are regarded even by Milk's detractors as dubious. Even if they're true, the old axiom of "two wrongs do not make a right" comes into play.
2. Everything alleged against Milk is just that--allegations. Limbaugh has been on-air damn near every day for the last 30+ years reminding everyone that there's nothing alleged about his behavior. It's all out there for anyone to listen to.

Like what? What’s the worst thing he’s done?

This sucks. I never really liked Rush L. but do respect the fact that he was the pioneer (in my time) of partisan political talk radio. He's extremely good at his profession.

(02-06-2020, 01:01 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 11:59 AM)TJBender Wrote: 1. Those claims are regarded even by Milk's detractors as dubious. Even if they're true, the old axiom of "two wrongs do not make a right" comes into play.

Held an unwelcome mirror up to show the left who they truly are.

That's why they dislike him so.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

There was the Donovan McNabb gaff. Other than that, I don't know what they have on the dude.

(02-07-2020, 08:44 AM)Last42min Wrote: There was the Donovan McNabb gaff. Other than that, I don't know what they have on the dude.

That was no gaff, he just said a truth that wasn't allowed to be spoken.

(02-06-2020, 01:01 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 11:59 AM)TJBender Wrote: 1. Those claims are regarded even by Milk's detractors as dubious. Even if they're true, the old axiom of "two wrongs do not make a right" comes into play.

He's been an uncompromising Conservative. That wrankles Bender, who isn't one, as much as it wrankles the lefties.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Rush bailed from his show about 20 minutes ago. He seemed a little anxious during the hour he was on then he made a quick bow out and said he hopes he can be back Monday. Makes me wonder if his health issue triggered an acute symptom. Strange.

(10-30-2020, 01:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rush bailed from his show about 20 minutes ago. He seemed a little anxious during the hour he was on then he made a quick bow out and said he hopes he can be back Monday. Makes me wonder if his health issue triggered an acute symptom. Strange.

He reported a couple weeks back that the cancer has progressed and he is living a death sentence. Hoping he can stay around as long as possible.

(02-04-2020, 08:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Anyone notice how Mike derails every thread into the focus being about him?

It's the ego thing Bunnie refers to in another thread. Or narcissistic personality disorder. Or that he admits who he is here is not who he is IRL. If he's such a [BLEEP] here maybe he's actually chill IRL.

(02-04-2020, 12:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 11:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: Y'all changed.  Not me.  I'll admit my view on healthcare and climate change is closer to the Democrats than the Republicans, but overall I'm still a Republican.  I agree with them on many other issues, like giving state and local government more space, teaching kids there are two genders, reducing regulations, not killing babies, letting businesses fail when they make mistakes, etc.
It feels good to admit Republicans and Democrats each have some stuff wrong.  It makes it easier to spot when they get other stuff wrong, like what constitutes abuse of power and stuff.

You're as Republican as I'm a Nigerian Prince looking for someone to help offshore 9 million dollars.

It may appear that way to a lot of people on this board, but that is because Mike is what we used to call a compassionate conservative.  They almost don’t exist anymore.  I kind of view myself the same way.  I guess to Trumplicans that makes me a pinko commie sympathizer as well.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-30-2020, 01:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 01:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rush bailed from his show about 20 minutes ago. He seemed a little anxious during the hour he was on then he made a quick bow out and said he hopes he can be back Monday. Makes me wonder if his health issue triggered an acute symptom. Strange.

He reported a couple weeks back that the cancer has progressed and he is living a death sentence. Hoping he can stay around as long as possible.

Hoping he can stay around as long as possible? I know you believe that is a good outcome, but it isn’t always the case. My Mother lived with us (my Wife, and I) for the final 8 years of her life (We asked her to live with us after my Stepfather passed away) … Too much back story, so straight to the why.  My mother was diagnosed with cancer and given a single year (give or take a short amount of time) to live if she had chemo and radiation treatments, and just 3 months if she didn’t.  She chose to not receive the treatment.

Now for the issue I had with trying to keep her alive longer. Her last month was horribly painful for her (Mentally, and physically). My Sister, and my Wife would constantly debate/beg with her to eat (constantly) so she could keep her strength up. They couldn’t understand why I told them to stop trying to force her to “keep her strength up” … So the end result? She suffered longer than she should have. Her last days didn’t have to be so hard for her, and her family that had to witness her slow miserable death. Let the terminally ill chart their own path, don’t wish them to live an extra week, or month. That’s nothing less than torture.

I love you and miss you greatly, Mom.

PS, My apologies SC ... You hit a nerve.

(10-30-2020, 05:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 08:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Anyone notice how Mike derails every thread into the focus being about him?

It's the ego thing Bunnie refers to in another thread. Or narcissistic personality disorder. Or that he admits who he is here is not who he is IRL. If he's such a [BLEEP] here maybe he's actually chill IRL.

Stroud made that comment because I told an anecdote about my grandfather.  Above, today, you see Sammy tell an anecdote about his family.  His isn't "about him" and mine isn't "about me".  We're just talking here.  Cut everyone a little more slack.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-30-2020, 05:52 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 01:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He reported a couple weeks back that the cancer has progressed and he is living a death sentence. Hoping he can stay around as long as possible.

Hoping he can stay around as long as possible? I know you believe that is a good outcome, but it isn’t always the case. My Mother lived with us (my Wife, and I) for the final 8 years of her life (We asked her to live with us after my Stepfather passed away) … Too much back story, so straight to the why.  My mother was diagnosed with cancer and given a single year (give or take a short amount of time) to live if she had chemo and radiation treatments, and just 3 months if she didn’t.  She chose to not receive the treatment.

Now for the issue I had with trying to keep her alive longer. Her last month was horribly painful for her (Mentally, and physically). My Sister, and my Wife would constantly debate/beg with her to eat (constantly) so she could keep her strength up. They couldn’t understand why I told them to stop trying to force her to “keep her strength up” … So the end result? She suffered longer than she should have. Her last days didn’t have to be so hard for her, and her family that had to witness her slow miserable death. Let the terminally ill chart their own path, don’t wish them to live an extra week, or month. That’s nothing less than torture.

I didn't intend to say keep Rush alive even if his life is miserable. Just meant I hope he has more good time on this Earth to continue doing what he loves, but with him living his life in the public "eye", it will be pretty easy to tell when his time is coming to an end unfortunately. 

No need to apologize. I know first hand. My dad was diagnosed with Glioblastoma and given 12 months to live. He ended up living 6 years, which is unheard of for that type of cancer. He choose to do all of the treatments and it is heartbreaking to see the effect chemo has on the patient. As my mom says, "when it's my time to go, let me get hit by a bus".

Sorry to hear about your mom.

(10-30-2020, 07:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 05:52 PM)Sammy Wrote: Hoping he can stay around as long as possible? I know you believe that is a good outcome, but it isn’t always the case. My Mother lived with us (my Wife, and I) for the final 8 years of her life (We asked her to live with us after my Stepfather passed away) … Too much back story, so straight to the why.  My mother was diagnosed with cancer and given a single year (give or take a short amount of time) to live if she had chemo and radiation treatments, and just 3 months if she didn’t.  She chose to not receive the treatment.

I didn't intend to say keep Rush alive even if his life is miserable. Just meant I hope he has more good time on this Earth to continue doing what he loves, but with him living his life in the public "eye", it will be pretty easy to tell when his time is coming to an end unfortunately. 

No need to apologize. I know first hand. My dad was diagnosed with Glioblastoma and given 12 months to live. He ended up living 6 years, which is unheard of for that type of cancer. He choose to do all of the treatments and it is heartbreaking to see the effect chemo has on the patient. As my mom says, "when it's my time to go, let me get hit by a bus".

Sorry to hear about your dad! Sad

(10-30-2020, 07:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 05:52 PM)Sammy Wrote: Hoping he can stay around as long as possible? I know you believe that is a good outcome, but it isn’t always the case. My Mother lived with us (my Wife, and I) for the final 8 years of her life (We asked her to live with us after my Stepfather passed away) … Too much back story, so straight to the why.  My mother was diagnosed with cancer and given a single year (give or take a short amount of time) to live if she had chemo and radiation treatments, and just 3 months if she didn’t.  She chose to not receive the treatment.

I had to look up glioblastoma.

Condolences to Sammy & SC as well as everyone else who had to deal with loved ones going through similar situations.

I'd like to say if I developed an endgame condition that I'd tough it out for the sake of spending a little more time with my family.  I'd be lying.  I can honestly think of nothing worse that waiting to die while leaving my family with the crushing financial burden of (largely meaningless) medical costs.  Better to go out with a little courage and dignity.  That being said, we'll see what actually happens when that time approaches.

I plan on living to 90 and being shot by a jealous husband.

(10-30-2020, 08:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I plan on living to 90 and being shot by a jealous husband.

Or you could join a peaceful protest. That seems like a good way to get killed these days.

(10-30-2020, 08:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I plan on living to 90 and being shot by a jealous husband.

Man, we really need that thumbs up button back.

(10-30-2020, 09:07 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:

Man, we really need that thumbs up button back.

Yup.