Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 09:18 PM by homebiscuit.)

(02-10-2020, 08:56 PM)uthill Wrote: They just set a new flight record from London to NYC so it will only get faster in the future so don't count out a London team.

Because a huge storm system was giving the aircraft a tremendous tail wind.

Khan: "We don't want to put extra pressure on fans."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 01:32 AM by Travis.)

(02-04-2020, 12:38 PM)FBT Wrote: Not a happy camper after owning season tickets for 25 years.

That makes two of us, however it’s suppose to be just a one year deal. Or darn it better be...

(02-04-2020, 12:46 PM)TJBender Wrote: To the surprise of absolutely no one.

Just move the team, Khan. It's obvious that you want to, and you're taking the death by a million paper cuts approach to make it happen. Just stop pussying around about it and move the team. Put Jacksonville out of its misery.

Hush, this is our team and If moved, the city of Jacksonville will never get another franchise again.

(02-11-2020, 01:28 AM)Travis Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:38 PM)FBT Wrote: Not a happy camper after owning season tickets for 25 years.

That makes two of us, however it’s suppose to be just a one year deal. Or darn it better be...

(02-04-2020, 12:46 PM)TJBender Wrote: To the surprise of absolutely no one.

Just move the team, Khan. It's obvious that you want to, and you're taking the death by a million paper cuts approach to make it happen. Just stop pussying around about it and move the team. Put Jacksonville out of its misery.

Hush, this is our team and If moved, the city of Jacksonville will never get another franchise again.

Well, never say never. Florida, including Jax is growing at an incredible rate but it would be pretty unlikely for decades.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-10-2020, 09:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 08:56 PM)uthill Wrote: They just set a new flight record from London to NYC so it will only get faster in the future so don't count out a London team.

Because a huge storm system was giving the aircraft a tremendous tail wind.

Khan: "We don't want to put extra pressure on fans."

I think not.....

[Image: 1200px-Concorde_1_94-9-5_kix_%28cropped%29.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-10-2020, 06:44 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: You guys are heavily underestimating the XFL.

Talk to me when they start scheduling games in London.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 11:01 AM by TJBender.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...e-jaguars/

"Jacksonville I think is a small market. When I was introduced, for me it was, I’m going to do everything to keep NFL football in Jacksonville. So how do we do that? A logical solution to me was really we want to expand the fan base. We don’t want to put extra pressure on our fans in Jacksonville to be able to support all the games."
-Shad Khan

I'd like to draw your attention to sentence two, which is far, far from a statement that London and Lot J have saved football here. It's actually saying the opposite, that the goal is to keep football here but it's far from a sure thing. And then the last sentence about putting "extra pressure" on fans to "support" the team. That reads like a man who's setting up an excuse to move the team: we tried to move some of that burden from fans in Jacksonville to fans in London, but football is not sustainable in northeast Florida. Apparently fans don't appreciate us moving the entire second half of the season to London and leaving them to bake in a stadium that the city won't pay to put large sunshades on.

[Image: DazzlingHospitableAracari-size_restricted.gif]

(02-11-2020, 10:59 AM)TJBender Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...e-jaguars/

"Jacksonville I think is a small market. When I was introduced, for me it was, I’m going to do everything to keep NFL football in Jacksonville. So how do we do that? A logical solution to me was really we want to expand the fan base. We don’t want to put extra pressure on our fans in Jacksonville to be able to support all the games."
-Shad Khan

I'd like to draw your attention to sentence two, which is far, far from a statement that London and Lot J have saved football here. It's actually saying the opposite, that the goal is to keep football here but it's far from a sure thing. And then the last sentence about putting "extra pressure" on fans to "support" the team. That reads like a man who's setting up an excuse to move the team: we tried to move some of that burden from fans in Jacksonville to fans in London, but football is not sustainable in northeast Florida. Apparently fans don't appreciate us moving the entire second half of the season to London and leaving them to bake in a stadium that the city won't pay to put large sunshades on.
That's not the way I read that at all.  Sounds to me like he doesn't want to jack up ticket prices.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Just fueling the fire.... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyFE6s9-WJ4
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

You guys are silly to waste money on season tickets. The writing is on the wall
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(02-11-2020, 04:13 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: You guys are silly to waste money on season tickets.  The writing is on the wall

So we're silly to go watch something that we enjoy?  Got it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-11-2020, 04:13 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: You guys are silly to waste money on season tickets.  The writing is on the wall

Might be one of the final years (or maybe the last year) to watch NFL football live on a regular basis.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 06:12 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Extra pressure? Just win, the rest takes care of itself. Starting to truly think he’s clueless to this.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 07:51 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Come early November the title of this thread will read:

Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London

(02-11-2020, 06:11 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Extra pressure? Just win, the rest takes care of itself. Starting to truly think he’s clueless to this.

Unfortunately that's not true. Lamping and Shad both made it clear that winning and selling out the stadium won't make enough of a difference.

So are both these games going to be 9 30 am games? If so that sux even more.

(02-12-2020, 11:27 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 06:11 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Extra pressure? Just win, the rest takes care of itself. Starting to truly think he’s clueless to this.

Unfortunately that's not true. Lamping and Shad both made it clear that winning and selling out the stadium won't make enough of a difference.

So we wont be able to sustain a Franchise while selling top 20 in terms of tickets.  Soooooooooo how did Khan turn this franchise into 2 bill worth from like 700mil?
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Around NFL podcast was on Jacksonville Fans side. They said fan base is very dedicated and it is noticeable especially when you consider the product on the field.

They said Khan is saving the London experience because Raiders and LA teams are opening new stadiums and it would be a poor visual to give up games. NFL doesn't have enough teams willing to give up games like our owner.  Khan is going to be the De Facto owner of the market.

Part of 17 game season is to save international series and expand it.

We will see how it goes.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Same old "nudge nudge" journalism in that Sports Illustrated piece - "the Jags say they're not moving, but we all know they're going to".

And don't tell me other NFL teams don't want to play in London.

In the seven years since the Jaguars started playing in London, the Rams, Dolphins and Raiders have all played here three times (all of them as the home side on two of those occasions) and the Rams and Dolphins each hosted another game before 2013.

The games always sell out, meaning lots of money for the home teams. And there aren't many owners who will turn down extra money.