Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville losing 2 home games in 2020 to London

Live shot of potential free agents seeing VAT tax on 2 game checks.

[Image: friday-quotes.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2020, 12:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:46 PM)TJBender Wrote: To the surprise of absolutely no one.

Just move the team, Khan. It's obvious that you want to, and you're taking the death by a million paper cuts approach to make it happen. Just stop pussying around about it and move the team. Put Jacksonville out of its misery.

He doesn't have the nads to. He wants to keep his foot in the Jacksonville pool while continuing to test the viability of a permanent franchise in London. That way, he always has an "out" and blaming revenue.

Essentially, we have to count on the fans in the UK not wanting a full-time NFL franchise for it to stay in Jacksonville long term.

(02-04-2020, 12:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Until I see him start spending actual real money downtown, I’m not gonna believe a word of it!

Downtown renovation is a fairy tale I have been hearing for my 38 years of life in Jacksonville. One could argue it has actually gone backwards with the sale of the Landing.

That whole lot J project, and the proposals with the shipyards?  Complete malarkey.  Whatever Khan has invested here is peanuts compared with what he'll make with the London Jaguars. At the end of the day, that's why the coaching staff was retained.  That's why the team has been built to suck.  It's all about London.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

What are they doing up there?

Feel for you season ticket holders. Crotch punch after crotch punch. Marrone, Wash and 6 games, oh sign me up!

I say this as a UK Jags fan. This idea the Jags will sell out London 8 games is fantasy. Fans here already have teams, they go for the NFL experience. 

I also dont understand how playing games outside of Jacksonville benefits Jacksonville.

Six games are better than none IMO. I don't like it but will continue to trust in the process and offer my considerate financial support.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-04-2020, 01:06 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: What are they doing up there?

Feel for you season ticket holders. Crotch punch after crotch punch. Marrone, Wash and 6 games, oh sign me up!

I say this as a UK Jags fan. This idea the Jags will sell out London 8 games is fantasy. Fans here already have teams, they go for the NFL experience. 

I also dont understand how playing games outside of Jacksonville benefits Jacksonville.

I've said more than once over the past several years that being a Jaguars season ticket holder is a case study in abusive relationships.  We actually pay to get kicked in the balls 7 6 times a year.

Think about the companies that rely on gameday revenues to stay afloat. One less home game? That's a gut punch for them.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(02-04-2020, 01:06 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Six games are better than none IMO. I don't like it but will continue to trust in the process and offer my considerate financial support.
Yikes.

"A punter is a starter! Drafting Anger makes sense guys! Trust Gene!"

I've always been fine with the 1 home game and I was fine with 2 games if the second game was an away game. I almost want the band-aid ripped off and the team moved so I can quit suffering and caring.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(02-04-2020, 01:06 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Six games are better than none IMO. I don't like it but will continue to trust in the process and offer my considerate financial support.

Good for you.

The abused spouse that stays with the abuser can always find ways to justify their decisions.

(02-04-2020, 12:49 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I mean why could it not be an away game other teams have to play home games there? Why two home games?

Because the home team gets the revenue and Shad wants all of the revenue.

I do hope they rename the London franchise. Not digging them keeping the name and logo. That should remain in Jax.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-04-2020, 01:09 PM)FBT Wrote:

Good for you.

The abused spouse that stays with the abuser can always find ways to justify their decisions.

You win today's award for the dumbest [BLEEP] possible analogy.

Good for you.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-04-2020, 01:08 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:06 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: What are they doing up there?

I've said more than once over the past several years that being a Jaguars season ticket holder is a case study in abusive relationships.  We actually pay to get kicked in the balls 7 6 times a year.

Think about the companies that rely on gameday revenues to stay afloat.  One less home game?  That's a gut punch for them.

This is it. 6 games isn't a lot over a year. Cant build a business on that. 

It's really not difficult. People find it tough to keep spending hundreds of dollars to watch your team lose over and over again. Fans have stuck by this team when bigger places would have ignored them. 
It's the logic of the best way to keep the team in Jacksonville is for them to play less games in Jacksonville!!?!

(02-04-2020, 01:11 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I do hope they rename the London franchise. Not digging them keeping the name and logo. That should remain in Jax.

If they do move, I 100% agree.

Not that it makes the pill easier to swallow, but they did do everything but come out and announce it was coming ahead of time.

I don't think they floated the concept to gauge fan opinion, I think they did it because they were signaling it was inevitable.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

At first glance, our gut reactions are valid. The team's moving and it's time to raise hell. But let's all be honest with ourselves and about our team. We have sucked for more years than we've been good. Our team revenue struggles when we suck. I think he's just doing what he thinks is best to make money. The problem is they don't truly understand that winning controls all of this. Winning and bringing championships brings the revenue, the national coverage and respect. The problem is that we hire people that don't understand how to win or create a winning team. We keep players that are one year wonders or players we should have let go and push away players that are once in a blue moon type of players or strong contributors to keep the glue of the team.

It doesn't look good, but there's nothing we can do but keep supporting the team. If they don't get the ticket sales, especially now with 2 games overseas, then our team will most definitely move. I would never tell any season ticket holder anything about their willingness to re-up; as you have continued your support throughout the garbage. But if we stop supporting the team, we will most definitely lose our team. So it really comes down to if that is alright or not.  

*sigh* every off season, there's always something...…...
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I don't think 3 will be the next increment. I think the next announcement will be a 4/4 split, and it will remain that way for a decent period of time.

Not to be morbid, but ultimately, this will be Tony's decision at the end of the day.

Not even from Jacksonville and this freaking sucks

I think it’s a warning shot fired across the bow of the city: improve the stadium so more people can attend the hot games, and commit to it soon.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 01:18 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Lot J is almost done.  I was just down there last weekend and took this drone shot of the area

[Image: 269313_standard.jpeg]

(02-04-2020, 01:17 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lot J is almost done.  I was just down there last weekend and took this drone shot of the area

[Image: 269313_standard.jpeg]

Is that Jalen? lol