Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State Of The Union

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 02:11 AM by jj82284.)

Bleeping LIAR

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-05-2020, 04:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 03:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What you don't get is that the speech will be made regardless if it's in the US Capitol or Tiger Stadium in Louisiana. People will still tune in to watch.

You just don't get this president. The good news is, only 1 more speech until we get to look at Kevin McCarthy instead of Pelosi.

Also, you have absolutely ZERO clue if that reunion was made for TV. Rush knew beforehand that he was getting the Medal of Freedom and still looked "shocked" when he got it.

now if you're trying to think of a president who can fill up a football stadium with people who want to hear him talk, you're thinking of Obama, not Trump. Trump only fills up arena football stadiums.

But yes just like any of us he can go anywhere and give whatever kind of speech he wants, so long as he pays the rent for the place, doesn't incite violence, and pays attention to emergency procedures. 

I'm just saying that John Boehner and Paul Ryan didn't need to feel any obligation to attend Obama's speeches. Nancy Pelosi need not feel any the obligation to attend any of Trump's.

Bwwwaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa.

Poor Mikesezy really has lost it now. The next 9 months are going to be glorious!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-05-2020, 04:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 03:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: She agreed to sit for the speech and be on TV. She did not know that this would also be the moment that she was reunited with her husband. She may have been okay with that, but many people would not be okay with that. Many people would want such a sensitive moment in their closest relationship to be private.  And she did not get a chance to say no.

Nancy tearing the speech apart is way down the list of unprecedented and disrespectful things that happened last night.

When Obama was president I hoped that the Republicans would stop inviting him over to give these speeches. Now I hope Nancy stops inviting Donald. The Constitution only requires the president to deliver a report to Congress. each house should have their parliamentarian read the report into the record and leave it at that.

Regarding the part in bold, reuniting with your family after a deployment is VERY rarely done in private.  Believe me, I know.  Unlike you I experienced it several times when I served.  There was nothing wrong with that moment.

(02-05-2020, 04:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: now if you're trying to think of a president who can fill up a football stadium with people who want to hear him talk, you're thinking of Obama, not Trump. Trump only fills up arena football stadiums.

But yes just like any of us he can go anywhere and give whatever kind of speech he wants, so long as he pays the rent for the place, doesn't incite violence, and pays attention to emergency procedures. 

I'm just saying that John Boehner and Paul Ryan didn't need to feel any obligation to attend Obama's speeches. Nancy Pelosi need not feel any the obligation to attend any of Trump's.

Yet again you are wrong.  Just a week or so ago in New Jersey... a blue state there were over 150,000 people that requested tickets to a President Trump rally with some 25+% being registered democrats.

Seating capacity of Trump NJ rally: 7,000
I have no idea why more than 100,000 people tried to get tickets. but it would not be the first time that a website miscounted something.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-05-2020, 07:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 04:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Regarding the part in bold, reuniting with your family after a deployment is VERY rarely done in private.  Believe me, I know.  Unlike you I experienced it several times when I served.  There was nothing wrong with that moment.

Yet again you are wrong.  Just a week or so ago in New Jersey... a blue state there were over 150,000 people that requested tickets to a President Trump rally with some 25+% being registered democrats.

Seating capacity of Trump NJ rally: 7,000
I have no idea why more than 100,000 people tried to get tickets. 

Lol, you know exactly why, and it's devastating to your worldview.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 09:03 PM by mikesez.)

(02-05-2020, 08:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 07:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Seating capacity of Trump NJ rally: 7,000
I have no idea why more than 100,000 people tried to get tickets. 

Lol, you know exactly why, and it's devastating to your worldview.

There have been lots of Trump rallies over the years. Nowhere near 100,000 people have tried to attend any one of them. Except this one. Why there, and why now?

Funny, every pic of every rally I saw have people lined up around the block for miles
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

LOL, somebody found footage of Pelosi holding papers below the desk to pre-rip them. She got em started with a little 1" rip. This was when Trump was telling about Rush's cancer diagnosis. Guess she didn't want her big petulant moment ruined by being unable to actually rip the thing. That would have been classic. But it shows how premeditated the whole stunt was.

(02-05-2020, 09:17 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: LOL, somebody found footage of Pelosi holding papers below the desk to pre-rip them.  She got em started with a little 1" rip.  This was when Trump was telling about Rush's cancer diagnosis.  Guess she didn't want her big petulant moment ruined by being unable to actually rip the thing.  That would have been classic.  But it shows how premeditated the whole stunt was.

Premeditated acts of childish temper tantrum. That's just disgusting on her part. If you're going to pre-meditate do something big... not childish.

This from Jonathan Turley, one of the few true centrists around.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/...uld-resign

Time for her to transition full time to the crypt.

On the other hand, Trump cannot buy campaign gold such as that. He keeps getting free ammo, golden friggin bullets I tell you.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-06-2020, 10:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This from Jonathan Turley, one of the few true centrists around.

LOL.  The same guy who says inviting foreign countries to participate in our election campaigns isn't grounds for removal now says that ripping papers on national TV is.  
What he's really saying: All Republicans should stay in power, all Democrats should resign or be removed.  
Which is fine, that's his right, and a lot of people feel that way.  
But it's certainly not centrist.

(02-06-2020, 11:59 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 10:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This from Jonathan Turley, one of the few true centrists around.

LOL.  The same guy who says inviting foreign countries to participate in our election campaigns isn't grounds for removal now says that ripping papers on national TV is.  
What he's really saying: All Republicans should stay in power, all Democrats should resign or be removed.  
Which is fine, that's his right, and a lot of people feel that way.  
But it's certainly not centrist.

Considering it was Hillary who invited foreign countries to participate in our election campaign, I'd say he's opposed to both sides equally.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"