Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“Increasingly Likely” Jaguars Will Franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue

“Trade the bum Ramsey!”

*same guy following season*

“Jags have no corners! Trade up for Okudah with the 20th pick as trade bait!”

And if the Jags trade Yan, same people will be complaining about the lack of pass rush. Yan isn’t even 25 and keeping Yan and Allen will only make both players better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Arob and Yan did not by all accounts get good offers. We got no details for either one. Stop being fanatics.

(02-29-2020, 08:53 PM)Upper Wrote: Arob and Yan did not by all accounts get good offers. We got no details for either one. Stop being fanatics.

By all accounts?

What's funny about this whole thing is that Caldwell/Coughlin gave Foles MORE than what the market dictated for Foles.  There was almost no one else trying to sign him but they gave him extra to cement his status as "the" QB of the future for the Jags.  

After 0 wins with Foles as the starter, the Jags have so much money tied up in him that they can't afford to cut him and that extra money would have enabled them to resign Yan to a long-term contract last year.  Jags have just made a mess of this whole thing.  

I still think the Jags tag and trade Yan, but that's only because they've put themselves in such a hole.  Just another example of the incompetence of the front office.  

(02-29-2020, 08:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: “Trade the bum Ramsey!”

*same guy following season*

“Jags have no corners! Trade up for Okudah with the 20th pick as trade bait!”

And if the Jags trade Yan, same people will be complaining about the lack of pass rush. Yan isn’t even 25 and keeping Yan and Allen will only make both players better.

This is exactly the case with some individuals on this board.

At first its easy to perceive it as trolling, but its gone past being delusional that the poor guys probably have an internal conflict about themselves daily.

Just blame past negotiations on coughlin and pay the man

(03-01-2020, 04:28 PM)Newton Wrote: Just blame past negotiations on coughlin and pay the man

Yeah doesn't make sense. Why are we still seeing signs of amenity if it was all TC's fault?

Is it possible the defense hates Wash more than us fans?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(03-01-2020, 05:50 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(03-01-2020, 04:28 PM)Newton Wrote: Just blame past negotiations on coughlin and pay the man

Yeah doesn't make sense. Why are we still seeing signs of amenity if it was all TC's fault?

Is it possible the defense hates Wash more than us fans?

I think it’s definitely possible. I mean we all know Ramsey hated the scheme, he wanted to play more man to play to his strengths. 

What I think of is that one game last season where the other team ran the same exact play all game (forgot the opponent) and post game said they were baffled and shocked the Jags never responded to it. Just kept running the same defense getting absolutely gutted via the run. To me that said it all, and you got to believe the players see that.

He finally said he wants out. Jags should transition tag him and go find someone that values him like he values himself.

(02-20-2020, 05:38 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 10:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I can't wait to see all the whining going on when it's Allen and Smoot starting at DE in 2 years, when we could/should have Ngakoue and Allen for the next 4-5+ years.

I [BLEEP] swear if we lose Ngakoue, I'm [BLEEP] done.

I honestly can't believe there's people in this fan base that actually want to, or are even entertaining the thought of trading him... You guys act like players like him grow on trees or something.. 

We straight up fluked into getting Allen at #7.. Good luck having that happen again any time soon.

edit: Also can't wait to see the drop off from Allen when he's being asked to do it all by himself very soon.

You're acting like Yan's an elite player. Come on, he's a very good player, I'd rather have him then not but it's not like he's a top-10 player at his position.
I can name 2 who play for The Jaguars
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 11:40 AM by Jagwired.)

Your either with us or without us. If it's without as he states then the hell with him. He will now be the enemy.

I also hope that the FO goes public with the contract offer details. Yan used twitter to express his opinions in public so we should know what he turned down exactly.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-02-2020, 11:01 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Your either with us or without us. If it's without as he states then the hell with him. He will now be the enemy.

I also hope that the FO goes public with the contract offer details. Yan used twitter to express his opinions in public so we should know what he turned down exactly.

Whatever the front office does, it should be with the intent of getting as much as possible in a trade, and it should NOT be with the intent of getting some sort of revenge on Ngakoue.

(03-02-2020, 01:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 11:01 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Your either with us or without us. If it's without as he states then the hell with him. He will now be the enemy.

Whatever the front office does, it should be with the intent of getting as much as possible in a trade, and it should NOT be with the intent of getting some sort of revenge on Ngakoue.

Thank you....smh

(03-02-2020, 01:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I agree with the above. Makes good sense. Until we can get value for him sit tight. Sign him based on him being the number 10 or 12 at his position. (adding performance bonuses for improvement of that position) If he will not sign then tag him. If he does not play he doesn't get paid. I would NOT let him go to LA btw...
A new broom always sweeps clean.