Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conspiracy Theory Time

(02-06-2020, 09:52 PM)jaglyn Wrote: I think Khan could have been an icon here in Jax if he would have just stuck with it and focused 100% on developing a winning product.

Agree.  We've always had low budget coaches and GMs so I'm a little baffled as to why he's ok with spending $250 million on Lot J but can't go out and get a top head coach 

We've always been around that $3m to $4m threshold.  

Del Rio
Mularkey
Bradley
Marrone

all low budget

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-12-2020, 11:57 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: So, Kansas City is a big market, so they get calls their way.

Sorry, had to put that one out there. Granted, I'm probably the least likely poster to buy in on conspiracy theories, but this one doesn't really do it for me.

Also, we DID lose that game in Foxboro pretty much fair and square.

You read the below link and tell me what you think. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/thr...ar-BBZADbS

Ask yourself who has been pushed the most by the NFLs marketing team this year?
Garoppolo Or Mahomes? 

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 02:52 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-12-2020, 11:57 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: So, Kansas City is a big market, so they get calls their way.

Sorry, had to put that one out there. Granted, I'm probably the least likely poster to buy in on conspiracy theories, but this one doesn't really do it for me.

Yes and no with you on this. Conservative play calling in the 2nd half didn't help. However, when Boomer Esiason is calling out the poor P.I call during the half time show? You know there's something up. Before that call even came up the one penalty that bothered me the most was when Bortles hit Lewis on a tough pitch and catch on 3rd and long to extend our drive before half time and they called it back with a late flag and said there was a false start or delay of game. 

It should have been a dead ball whistle penalty. Instead? They let that play unfold and then decided to take it back from us. The Myles Jack fumble was the most atrocious. And you can make a case for Marcedes Lewis being mugged several times in the 2nd half and with Gilmore getting away with holding and P.I on Westbrook on our final drive. 

That entire year for the Patriots, if you go around and look on YT, they had a [BLEEP] ton of gifts during the final stretch of the season to set them up in the play-off's. It was bad enough they had an interesting situation with the NFC teams that year because of Foles playing for the Eagles and Keenum playing for the Vikings. There was no way in hell they could afford to have little old Jacksonville in that Superbowl with Bortles at QB.

They probably feared not hitting tripe digits in viewership that year. Needed to get that golden boy in there in Brady so people would tune in.

I honestly believe the NFL has a screw job in place from time to time. It's not as fair as people want to believe. 

I did mention in another thread too that I found it funny that the Vegas odds had K.C being favored as being one of the most penalized teams ever in the SB era. And they only ended up with 4 for 24 yards? And not ONE single offensive holding call was made against the 49ERS front four and they had arguably one of the most consistently dominate front four's we've seen in the NFL in 2019 in a long, long time. 

So, this idea that KC played clean football in the trenches? With Mahomes scrambling around in the 2nd half to "extend" plays? It's nonsense. Even that P.I call on Kittle in the first half going into the final minute was bogus to me. Especially when you consider the Saints got beat in O.T with Rudolph BLATANTLY extending in the end zone on a GW TD for the win. No review. No calls. Nothing. 

I don't think it's all rigged. But you can bet your bottom dollar that there's some fuckery afoot at times in the NFL with these zebras in play.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

100% agree with the above post. 

I’m more open minded than most, but I’m not big on conspiracy theory. However I did grow up in a time wrestling was debated on constantly if it was real or not. Now we know it’s fake. We know the cuts and bruises in wrestling were real. 

I believe most of football is real. I don’t think the players know there is a scripted winner when they lace up. 

Everything I see from direct NFL marketing, hall of fame, outside marketing, the Jaguars are the most shunned team. It’s also easy to see we are the most flagged teams especially in areas that are the most ref discretionary. It’s practically impossible to block wearing a jags uniform and not have a holding call. How many games this year did penalties kill our drives? 

Too many coincidences...just too many.. 

Now we have an additional game going to a larger market (London) with very little monetary gain, alienating the fan base, while in the same paragraph declaring winning is upmost importance? 

The revenue gained by that one London game has to be breaking even with lost STH. 

The only incentive I see to move a game into a larger market is to try and gain favorable attention from the NFL. If we are able to effect a larger market than just NE Florida, maybe just maybe the NFL will let us have a winning season more than once a decade. With that, come national merchandise sales and prime time tv exposure to line Kahn’s pockets. That to me seems like the bigger picture.

(02-12-2020, 03:19 PM)Corriewf Wrote: 100% agree with the above post. 

I’m more open minded than most, but I’m not big on conspiracy theory. However I did grow up in a time wrestling was debated on constantly if it was real or not. Now we know it’s fake. We know the cuts and bruises in wrestling were real. 

I believe most of football is real. I don’t think the players know there is a scripted winner when they lace up. 

Everything I see from direct NFL marketing, hall of fame, outside marketing, the Jaguars are the most shunned team. It’s also easy to see we are the most flagged teams especially in areas that are the most ref discretionary. It’s practically impossible to block wearing a jags uniform and not have a holding call. How many games this year did penalties kill our drives? 

Now we have an additional game going to a larger market (London) with very little monetary gain, alienating the fan base, while in the same paragraph declaring winning is upmost importance? 

The revenue gained by that one London game has to be breaking even with lost STH. 

The only incentive I see to move a game into a larger market is to try and gain favorable attention from the NFL. If we are able to effect a larger market than just NE Florida, maybe just maybe the NFL will let us have a winning season more than once a decade. With that, come national merchandise sales and prime time tv exposure to line Kahn’s pockets. That to me seems like the bigger picture.

I think you're inaccurately downplaying the effect of a game's worth of revenue to this team.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 04:37 PM by Corriewf.)

(02-12-2020, 03:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 03:19 PM)Corriewf Wrote: 100% agree with the above post. 

I think you're inaccurately downplaying the effect of a game's worth of revenue to this team.

Maybe.. take a look at this bud and tell me the impact of the London game on our revenue. 

https://twitter.com/NateMonroeTU/status/...64608?s=20

Quote from Kahn:
“Today’s news is about London and what it means for Jacksonville, but make no mistake – winning is the top priority,” said Khan.

“Everything we’re striving to do for the franchise and the city is about winning and about building a franchise that expects to win constantly. I think most of you know, I just came back from the Super Bowl and obviously witnessed firsthand the energy of the fans and obviously the joy of Kansas City fans afterwards and I want that more than anything for the Jaguars fans. We’re not going to rest until we get there, but that doesn’t erase what we need to do here away from the game and to create and generate the revenues and be everything we can be here in Jacksonville.”

Tell me how the small amount of revenue generated from the London game and taking away our home game has anything to do with winning? Unless...maybe...just maybe my theory is right.

The NFL is certainly rigged. It's not even against the law, as long as nobody takes a bribe. A player can legally shave points if they don't get paid to do it. The NFL could tell the head referee they want holding called only on 1 team but not the other, and it would be totally legal under US law.

(02-12-2020, 04:33 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 03:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think you're inaccurately downplaying the effect of a game's worth of revenue to this team.

Maybe.. take a look at this bud and tell me the impact of the London game on our revenue. 

https://twitter.com/NateMonroeTU/status/...64608?s=20

Quote from Kahn:
“Today’s news is about London and what it means for Jacksonville, but make no mistake – winning is the top priority,” said Khan.

“Everything we’re striving to do for the franchise and the city is about winning and about building a franchise that expects to win constantly. I think most of you know, I just came back from the Super Bowl and obviously witnessed firsthand the energy of the fans and obviously the joy of Kansas City fans afterwards and I want that more than anything for the Jaguars fans. We’re not going to rest until we get there, but that doesn’t erase what we need to do here away from the game and to create and generate the revenues and be everything we can be here in Jacksonville.”

Tell me how the small amount of revenue generated from the London game and taking away our home game has anything to do with winning? Unless...maybe...just maybe my theory is right.

Nothing to do with winning, everything to do with more revenue.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Love him or hate him at least Jerry Jones wants to win. Khan is pulling a con when he says that. Your record indicates otherwise.

(02-12-2020, 01:38 PM)Corriewf Wrote:

You read the below link and tell me what you think. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/thr...ar-BBZADbS

Ask yourself who has been pushed the most by the NFLs marketing team this year?
Garoppolo Or Mahomes? 

Answer:  Lamar Jackson

Also being pushed, one Gardner Minshew (with good reason).  To your point, Mahommes is probably the bigger draw, but he also played better than Garrapolo last year in both the regular and post season.

I read the article, but when it comes down to it, I've only seen one Super Bowl decided by refs:  40, when Seattle had all kinds of bad calls made against them against a Steelers team featuring a 2nd year Roethlisberger.  I couldn't honestly say that the Seahawks would've won if they hadn't had the bad calls.  It sure didn't help.

My major point was made sarcastically, so I don't know if most of y'all caught it:  Kansas City IS a small market team, and a smaller market than San Fran.  If it's all about markets, Dallas would win it every year and Washington would be at least competitive.  Both New York teams sucked last year, and didn't exactly get a push from the NFL.

Oh, and I'm a fan of George Kittle, and he pushed off on a play that may or may not have garnered the 9ers 3 points.  We'll never know.  Doesn't matter, because the refs made the right call.

(02-12-2020, 09:45 AM)Corriewf Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 05:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Because Super Bowl viewership so largely depends on the size of the individual participating teams' TV market?

Absolutely it does. 

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/super-b...c-fox-abc/

Additionally all the retail merch sales after the game depends on individual team market shares. How many Mahomes jerseys were sold after this recent Super Bowl? You don’t think they are tracking that? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2228...amatically

Now ask yourself why Murray was picked over Minshew for ROTY. Fan base size + hype = merch sales. Smaller fan base - less merch....less viewers. 

I’m not saying the NFL is fixing games but the motive is there!

So in 2015 the mega metropolis of Seattle pulled the best ever ratings, last year one of the largest cities in the country pulled the lowest viewership number in years to that date. And this year, another giant TV market in SF dipped even lower.  

Super compelling evidence lol.

I can’t believe people still make the referee excuse for the L in NE. Marrone is the sole reason we lost that game, and his [BLEEP] should of been fired on the spot.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 09:34 PM by jagsfan06.)

My goal is to keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville by any means necessary. It ground is broken on Lot J in the Spring, then it gives us the best chance of that happening. The increased tax revenue base could be the tipping point to begin to develop the downtown urban core that we need to turn Jacksonville into a major city.

(02-14-2020, 06:37 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I can’t believe people still make the referee excuse for the L in NE. Marrone is the sole reason we lost that game, and his [BLEEP] should of been fired on the spot.

Unfortunately this is very true. When you have a team on the ropes your have to go for the jugular and put them away.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(02-14-2020, 05:22 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 09:45 AM)Corriewf Wrote: Absolutely it does. 

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/super-b...c-fox-abc/

Additionally all the retail merch sales after the game depends on individual team market shares. How many Mahomes jerseys were sold after this recent Super Bowl? You don’t think they are tracking that? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2228...amatically

Now ask yourself why Murray was picked over Minshew for ROTY. Fan base size + hype = merch sales. Smaller fan base - less merch....less viewers. 

I’m not saying the NFL is fixing games but the motive is there!

So in 2015 the mega metropolis of Seattle pulled the best ever ratings, last year one of the largest cities in the country pulled the lowest viewership number in years to that date. And this year, another giant TV market in SF dipped even lower.  

Super compelling evidence lol.

Hey I’m not saying the NFL is perfect in predicting ratings. They tried to bury CTE for years and failed eventually. I think overall we may be in a bit of a viewership slump. 

It’s the off-season so I’m entertaining myself with some folks I enjoy reading the opinions of. I’m not 100% sold on the NFL rigging games, but I have quite a few friends that have claimed it rigged through the years and have sworn off watching anymore. 

This year there were many negative spots on this roster and a few really positive spots. It seemed to me those positive spots were completely shunned. It’s worth asking why...

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2020, 12:01 AM by jaglyn.)

(02-14-2020, 06:37 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I can’t believe people still make the referee excuse for the L in NE. Marrone is the sole reason we lost that game, and his [BLEEP] should of been fired on the spot.

Marrone is worthy of some blame

But those one-sided calls sure didn’t help us

For every bad coaching decision, it was one less bogus call the refs had to come up with against us

(02-12-2020, 05:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 08:45 PM)Jag149 Wrote: First off Professional Football is entertainment. It is not a sport. It is only a sport when the dramatic music is playing and people are at the field. The fix has always been in and it will continue to be. Odd things do happen occasionally but over a 16 game season the owners get what they want. These 32 guys will never discuss this, take a look at who they are. Yea like they are gonna spoil the party. When I was young my grandmother watched professional wrestling and everyone swore it was real.....we now know it isn't.  This is the same deal,  Normally they can get what they want decreetly, but if not little difference. Two years ago they wanted the #1 and #2 TV markets in the super bowl. (sorry Saints)

Because Super Bowl viewership so largely depends on the size of the individual participating teams' TV market?

Patriots/Rams: GAME OF THE CENTURY!

Jaguars/Cardinals: The NFL has announced its decision to grant a mulligan to the two losing teams in the conference championship games, due to "unprecedented circumstances that demand such swift, decisive action." This year's Super Bowl will be played between the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams.

(02-15-2020, 02:40 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 05:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Because Super Bowl viewership so largely depends on the size of the individual participating teams' TV market?

Patriots/Rams: GAME OF THE CENTURY!

Jaguars/Cardinals: The NFL has announced its decision to grant a mulligan to the two losing teams in the conference championship games, due to "unprecedented circumstances that demand such swift, decisive action." This year's Super Bowl will be played between the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams.

More dumb supposition. 

Some of you guys have a really weird persecution complex.

(02-15-2020, 06:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 02:40 AM)TJBender Wrote: Patriots/Rams: GAME OF THE CENTURY!

More dumb supposition

How dare you?! I’ve never used a suppository....I just drink a glass of Metamucil and call it a day thank you very much. Banana  

Let’s meet in the middle... you do at least see there is a bias against the Jaguars in multiple facets a bias can occur in?

(02-15-2020, 10:16 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 06:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: More dumb supposition

How dare you?! I’ve never used a suppository....I just drink a glass of Metamucil and call it a day thank you very much. Banana  

Let’s meet in the middle... you do at least see there is a bias against the Jaguars in multiple facets a bias can occur in?

I think the team is often used as an easy target, and many times I've seen Bortles not get roughing calls many others would get. Maybe also a lack of primetime games but that seems kind of logical given the market size and competitiveness of the team in recent seasons. Also in the same vein is the annual draft commercial during the teams picks.

Other than that, as far as the weekly refs are out to get us cries - or any grand conspiracy that actually matters, no I don't think that. Not sure what other bias you might be referring to.

Guys...professional football is not a sport it is entertainment. It is a business. It is only a sport when being promoted on TV. They love team parity because it takes less interference to get the desired results....just enjoy the ride. Our turn will come once every 5 - 6 years or so.
A new broom always sweeps clean.