Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We need to organize a protest outside TIAA Bank Field.

(02-06-2020, 01:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: IN ORDER TO PROTEST, ONE MUST HAVE LEVERAGE.  

WE HAVE NO LEVERAGE.  WE CAN BOYCOTT BUYING TICKETS THEN SHAD CAN JUSTIFY HIS MOVE TO LONDON.  I'M CERTAIN THE 31 OTHER OWNERS WOULD APPROVE HIS MOVE TO LONDON OR ANOTHER CITY.

PROTESTING AN OWNER'S ACTION TO MAKE $$ IN A SMALL OBSCURE NFL MARKET IS NOT THE SMARTEST THING TO DO AT THIS POINT.

PERHAPS WE SHOULD START SELLING OUT THE STADIUM SO SHAD DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE THE GAMES TO LONDON.  I KNOW, PERHAPS THE TEAM SHOULD START WINNING (AND I AGREE) BUT WE REALLY DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY HERE IN JACKSONVILLE --- WE REALLY DO NEED TO SUCK IT UP AND SHOW OUR SUPPORT BY PURCHASING TICKETS (and suffering through losses)  -- YES, IT SUCKS, BUT THOSE ARE THE FACTS !!!
I have two observations;

1)  The Jacksonville market may be small, but the obscurity is the product of year after year of inferior play.  Winning is the only cure for that problem.
2)  Shad does not have to take games to London or anywhere else.  It's not like his investment in the team is losing money.  He has chosen to take games to another location to increase profits, nothing else.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-06-2020, 10:59 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: IN ORDER TO PROTEST, ONE MUST HAVE LEVERAGE.  

WE HAVE NO LEVERAGE.  WE CAN BOYCOTT BUYING TICKETS THEN SHAD CAN JUSTIFY HIS MOVE TO LONDON.  I'M CERTAIN THE 31 OTHER OWNERS WOULD APPROVE HIS MOVE TO LONDON OR ANOTHER CITY.

PROTESTING AN OWNER'S ACTION TO MAKE $$ IN A SMALL OBSCURE NFL MARKET IS NOT THE SMARTEST THING TO DO AT THIS POINT.

PERHAPS WE SHOULD START SELLING OUT THE STADIUM SO SHAD DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE THE GAMES TO LONDON.  I KNOW, PERHAPS THE TEAM SHOULD START WINNING (AND I AGREE) BUT WE REALLY DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY HERE IN JACKSONVILLE --- WE REALLY DO NEED TO SUCK IT UP AND SHOW OUR SUPPORT BY PURCHASING TICKETS (and suffering through losses)  -- YES, IT SUCKS, BUT THOSE ARE THE FACTS !!!
I have two observations;

1)  The Jacksonville market may be small, but the obscurity is the product of year after year of inferior play.  Winning is the only cure for that problem.
2)  Shad does not have to take games to London or anywhere else.  It's not like his investment in the team is losing money.  He has chosen to take games to another location to increase profits, nothing else.

He's taken games there for 1 reason only, he wants to make money. He is using the football team for his other business. It sucks but there should be rules about this stop owners from using the team to increase income for their personal business.

(02-07-2020, 02:10 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 10:59 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I have two observations;

He's taken games there for 1 reason only, he wants to make more money. He is using the football team for his other business. It sucks but there should be rules about this stop owners from using the team to increase income for their personal business.

FTFY.

He's already making money.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-06-2020, 08:23 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:24 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: *CLAPS* I'm glad some see this. I think some of us are putting too much value on ourselves. We need the Jags more than the Jags need us at this point. If we want the Jaguars to stay in Jville, we are going to have to support the team no matter how butt hurt we are. Otherwise, we will definitely lose the team....

No one "needs" the Jaguars - or the NFL for that matter. It's just football.   But the NFL wouldn't exist without the fans.
The NFL has plenty of fans and plenty of income to sustain it. The problem is that our team, the Jags are not important to the league and the small amount of Jags fans don't provide anything important to the league. Because of that, we need the team and the city needs the team more than the team needs us or the city; especially if moving to another big market is available. And no, the "need" being referenced isn't a matter of living; but their is a true need to Jags fans to have this team in Jacksonville. And we're on the brink of losing that because we as fans are seriously overvaluing ourselves.

I'm not going to tell anyone to suck it and support the team, no matter what if that's how they feel. But if you chose not to support the team, don't be sad or surprised when they no longer are housed in Duval. I don't hate on the comments made by Brian Sexton because looking at us from the overall NFL side, we are a mistake.... Look at our season records for the 25 years in the league:

1995 - 4-12
1996 - 9-7
1997 - 11-5
1998 - 11-5
1999 - 14-2
2000 - 7-9
2001 - 6-10
2002 - 6-10
2003 - 5-11
2004 - 9-7
2005 - 12-4
2006 - 8-8
2007 - 11-5
2008 - 5-11
2009 - 7-9
2010 - 8-8
2011 - 5-11
2012 - 2-14
2013 - 4-12
2014 - 3-13
2015 - 5-11
2016 - 3-13
2017 - 10-6
2018 - 5-11
2019 - 6-10

Total - 176-224 = .440% winning....

And our attendance is seen by the outside as being one of the worst; even though the statistics show that we're not the worst. But we're definitely not the best. And most times when our stadium is sold out or near packed, a large portion of those seats are from the opposition.... We can't sit up here with our chests out pounding it like we don't deserve some of the blame. Our teams sucks most years and a lot can't take that; thus our support for the team waivers. Yes, if they produced a winning team consistently, we probably wouldn't have these issues. But that's not the case. But by kicking the team to the curb because the owner is looking out for himself, is both delusional and a little egotistical on our parts. We have to do our part to keep the team here and by just saying [BLEEP] it will only move the team further away.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-06-2020, 01:24 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:

*CLAPS* I'm glad some see this. I think some of us are putting too much value on ourselves. We need the Jags more than the Jags need us at this point. If we want the Jaguars to stay in Jville, we are going to have to support the team no matter how butt hurt we are. Otherwise, we will definitely lose the team....

This

I'm probably going to re-up my tickets, if only to see what Gruden can do with Minshew. They've got one more year.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(02-07-2020, 07:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:24 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: *CLAPS* I'm glad some see this. I think some of us are putting too much value on ourselves. We need the Jags more than the Jags need us at this point. If we want the Jaguars to stay in Jville, we are going to have to support the team no matter how butt hurt we are. Otherwise, we will definitely lose the team....

This

All of this is stupid.

Let them go. Who cares. We don't need the Jags at all and it's laughable to say that.

(02-11-2020, 12:34 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 07:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This

All of this is stupid.

Let them go. Who cares. We don't need the Jags at all and it's laughable to say that.

I'm kind of there too. After 15 years or whatever hearing about them possibly moving, now that it looks more likely than ever, I'm tired of hearing about it. I just hope they change the name.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 01:20 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

(02-11-2020, 12:34 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 07:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This

All of this is stupid.

(02-11-2020, 12:39 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 12:34 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: All of this is stupid.

I'm kind of there too. After 15 years or whatever hearing about them possibly moving, now that it looks more likely than ever, I'm tired of hearing about it. I just hope they change the name.

Unfortunately, these responses are the exact reason why we will eventually lose the team. Most people just don't care anymore and it shows in the stadium and the fan pride. Also, it might be laughable to you, but I think the majority of real Jag fans have a need for this team; especially when you grow up watching/rooting for the team and not to mention the financial investment put into the team. It's only stupid to you because you don't care; and if that's the case, why you here? (aimed at Trivial, not hb) I've never understood the fans who "don't care" about the team to go around commenting about it all. Sounds like you do care and are just upset. Being upset is acceptable and valid, but down playing the value the team has to many, many people here and in Jville seems a little immature. If that's how you feel, so be it. But don't call people stupid for loving this team and wanting it to stay. It's not stupid, it's called being a true fan!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 02:14 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-11-2020, 01:19 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:

(02-11-2020, 12:39 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm kind of there too. After 15 years or whatever hearing about them possibly moving, now that it looks more likely than ever, I'm tired of hearing about it. I just hope they change the name.

Unfortunately, these responses are the exact reason why we will eventually lose the team. Most people just don't care anymore and it shows in the stadium and the fan pride. Also, it might be laughable to you, but I think the majority of real Jag fans have a need for this team; especially when you grow up watching/rooting for the team and not to mention the financial investment put into the team. It's only stupid to you because you don't care; and if that's the case, why you here? (aimed at Trivial, not hb) I've never understood the fans who "don't care" about the team to go around commenting about it all. Sounds like you do care and are just upset. Being upset is acceptable and valid, but down playing the value the team has to many, many people here and in Jville seems a little immature. If that's how you feel, so be it. But don't call people stupid for loving this team and wanting it to stay. It's not stupid, it's called being a true fan!

When people say stupid stuff like the city of Jacksonville, a city of 1.3 million people, a MAJOR city in the United States NEEDs the Jaguars more than the Jaguars need the city... screw that. The team should never own a city.

We have a million things to do in this city during football season... out of 1.3 million only about 40k of them actually are diehard Jaguars fans... and trying to make the rest of the city join in with that 40k through ultimatums and threats of moving? They will NEVER do that, in fact, you'll make the 1.26 million of them double down on hating your football team.

I'm a Marketing Director and I gotta say the Jacksonville Jaguars have a piss-poor marketing division. It's absolutely atrocious. Their whole pitch is, hey Jacksonville, you're one of 30 cities with a team, just come to the darn games rednecks.

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

In fact, since the announcement I've heard several people say they no longer consider the Jaguars their team, they are reverting to the team they followed before November '93 when the announcement came.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 02:14 PM by Rockman1966.)

While it would be nice to finally meet some of the knuckleheads on this forum, it would be an utter waste of time.
The Jaguars organization has a bigger plans and we, the fans, the little people, don't mean a rats [BLEEP] to them. It's about fannies in the seats and the bottomline. Why shouldn't it be? It's a business and much more than that it's entertainment. Nothing the Jaguars do enriches our lives. No money in our pocket. No extra days off. No health insurance. No BOGOs.
This organization lost me when the failed to put a competitive product on the field. Keep me entertained onto the 4th guarter; such low expectations. That's all ask in return for my support.
Keeping Marrone and Caldwell only confirms to me that this organization is conditioned for mediocrity. Hell, I'd settle for a mediocre team versus what we have now. Mediocre would be a step up for this clown show.

(02-11-2020, 02:12 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: While it would be nice to finally meet some of the knuckleheads on this forum, it would be an utter waste of time.
The Jaguars organization has a bigger plans and we, the fans, the little people, don't mean a rats [BLEEP] to them.  It's about fannies in the seats and the bottomline.  Why shouldn't it be?  It's a business and much more than that it's entertainment.  Nothing the Jaguars do enriches our lives. No money in our pocket.  No extra days off.  No health insurance.  No BOGOs.  
This organization lost me when the failed to put a competitive product on the field.  Keep me entertained onto the 4th guarter; such low expectations. That's all ask in return for my support.
Keeping Marrone and Caldwell only confirms to me that this organization is conditioned for mediocrity.  Hell, I'd settle for a mediocre team versus what we have now.  Mediocre would be a step up for this clown show.

It's not even entertaining. Three hours in 90 degree weather to watch the team lose.

I'll go on the boat instead thanks!

(02-11-2020, 01:25 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 01:19 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Unfortunately, these responses are the exact reason why we will eventually lose the team. Most people just don't care anymore and it shows in the stadium and the fan pride. Also, it might be laughable to you, but I think the majority of real Jag fans have a need for this team; especially when you grow up watching/rooting for the team and not to mention the financial investment put into the team. It's only stupid to you because you don't care; and if that's the case, why you here? (aimed at Trivial, not hb) I've never understood the fans who "don't care" about the team to go around commenting about it all. Sounds like you do care and are just upset. Being upset is acceptable and valid, but down playing the value the team has to many, many people here and in Jville seems a little immature. If that's how you feel, so be it. But don't call people stupid for loving this team and wanting it to stay. It's not stupid, it's called being a true fan!

When people say stupid stuff like the city of Jacksonville, a city of 1.3 million people, a MAJOR city in the United States NEEDs the Jaguars more than the Jaguars need the city... screw that. The team should never own a city.

We have a million things to do in this city during football season... out of 1.3 million only about 40k of them actually are diehard Jaguars fans... and trying to make the rest of the city join in with that 40k through ultimatums and threats of moving? They will NEVER do that, in fact, you'll make the 1.26 million of them double down on hating your football team.

I'm a Marketing Director and I gotta say the Jacksonville Jaguars have a piss-poor marketing division. It's absolutely atrocious. Their whole pitch is, hey Jacksonville, you're one of 30 cities with a team, just come to the darn games rednecks.

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

In fact, since the announcement I've heard several people say they no longer consider the Jaguars their team, they are reverting to the team they followed before November '93 when the announcement came.

Tampa is only 3.5 hours away...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-11-2020, 01:19 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:

(02-11-2020, 12:39 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm kind of there too. After 15 years or whatever hearing about them possibly moving, now that it looks more likely than ever, I'm tired of hearing about it. I just hope they change the name.

I care. What I'm talking about is hearing about the moving all the time and what a crappy NFL city Jacksonville supposedly is. If it's going to happen, I'd just hope they don't draw it out if it really is inevitable. Put us out of our misery!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 05:00 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

What is wrong with Jacksonvillians? Seriously......

We had the highest and best attendance in the USFL and that's why we got (and EARNED) an NFL team.

We deserve and want a winner... and if the team isn't winning, who cares, we will still support them as long as ownership is actually trying to CREATE a winner.... instead after a catastrophic season he retains EVERYONE. That screams EFF YOU REDNECKS IN JVILLE.

Since when is one guy (Shad Khan) worth more than all of us?

In order for the protests to carry weight, we need to make a statement with regards to attendance. We'll likely have (not counting London) ONE primetime game on TNF, most likely against the Tacks as is tradition. We need to sell out that game, with a national audience .. they need to see the stadium FULL TO CAPACITY to show the world that we're capable of selling out a game and that we can support a team in Jacksonville. Otherwise the narrative will be "no one goes to games, they should move the team, look at the TNF game there was NO ONE there" we need to obliterate that narrative.

The second half of the protest.... Boycott every other game (the 5 others in Jacksonville). The stadium should be Empty or close to it, this shows that we will not lie down and slowly bleed to death as more and more games move to London. We need to vote with our wallets until we're heard.

By showing that we CAN fill the stadium, when we CHOOSE not to fill the stadium that it'll carry much more weight.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(02-11-2020, 05:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: What is wrong with Jacksonvillians? Seriously......

We had the highest and best attendance in the USFL and that's why we got (and EARNED) an NFL team.

Um...sorry to say it dude, but the reason we got a team is that Baltimore and St. Louis couldn't get their [BLEEP] together.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 05:17 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-11-2020, 05:11 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 05:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: What is wrong with Jacksonvillians? Seriously......

Um...sorry to say it dude, but the reason we got a team is that Baltimore and St. Louis couldn't get their [BLEEP] together.

So the USFL had nothing to do with it?

I mean our city had better attendance than most NFL games....

The timing stinks. The team came off another double-digit loss season, and Kahn seems to be more upset with the loyal fans than, say, Marrone and Caldwell.

Win, and the Jags get 64-66k a game, no problem.

(02-11-2020, 05:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 05:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: Um...sorry to say it dude, but the reason we got a team is that Baltimore and St. Louis couldn't get their [BLEEP] together.

So the USFL had nothing to do with it?

I mean our city had better attendance than most NFL games....

The Panthers were awarded to Carolina as expected. The second team announcement was, IIRC, pushed back basically to let St. Louis and Baltimore get their stadium situations figured out. Needless to say, they didn't. Weaver was able to sell something like 10,000 tickets for a team that didn't exist yet in the week before the second expansion vote, so the NFL came to Jacksonville. If it weren't for St. Louis and Baltimore not being able to get stadium deals done, the team would have gone to one of those two.