Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can somebody explain Lot J?

(02-08-2020, 02:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote: The Jaguars as a business are the ones making the 500 million dollar investment. Therefore they will reap the profits of the complex, rents, sales, etc.

The Jaguars are investing $250 million in Khan's money into developing Lot J.  The other half is expected to come from the taxpayers of Jacksonville.  The property is controlled by the Jaguars, but it is owned by the city.

The reason Khan is going this route is because he can move more quickly on starting development around the stadium that will help increase revenues for the team that will allow them to boost their revenues to remain competitive while not putting all of the pressure to do so on the ticket buyers.  The Shipyards project is still a while away from breaking ground as the city is trying to determine who will be financially responsible for doing the necessary cleanup from decades of ship building and repair that will need to be done.  

The Lot J project is a good idea, and one that Lamping has actually been involved with in St. Louis with a similar setup around the Cardinal's stadium there. The downtown area is in desperate need of forward thinking vision, and I think this plan actually represents that.  They're going to bring in mixed use including housing, businesses, retail, restaurants, and entertainment to create a hub where people will be living and working around the stadium.   Because Khan has control over the property, he and the city will make money from the revenue generated, so the goal is to blow this thing up quickly so that we can start to pull back on those games in London.  We'll see if it happens.  Downtown development has been the chatter for decades.  The Landing was going to be the centerpiece of that renaissance 33 years ago, and it's now a vacant lot waiting for repurposing.  This seems to have a little more thought and planning behind it, and it should create a district around the stadium that will actually accomplish what they've been trying to make happen for decades.

I'm not happy about losing a 2nd game to London, and I'm still skeptical that it will be enough to reverse that trend.  We'll see how it goes.  I think I'll feel a lot more positive about this once they actually break ground.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-10-2020, 11:28 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: If it's about getting people to spend thousands attending an NFL game, there's no way it will work.  Do they really think people will stay 3 nights in an expensive hotel, attend a music concert and buy 6-10 restaurant meals, to see the Jags play?

Lot J really has little to do with getting fans to buy tickets and attend NFL games.  It has a lot to do with the Jaguars diversifying / expanding their business portfolio so that their revenue is coming from more than ticket and merchandise sales.  Daily's Place was a good first step in expanding their offerings.  Lot J and the Shipyards project will hopefully expand that revenue pie even more.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I find it weird that shad would want to build lot J before the stadium

(02-10-2020, 12:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: I find it weird that shad would want to build lot J before the stadium

He knows he's not getting a new stadium here any time soon.  And when the city does agree to building a new facility, it will more than likely be a renovated TIAA Bank Field.  They're not going to move the stadium, or tear down the existing structure completely.

What he wants to do isn't groundbreaking, no pun intended. As others have said, it's a model we've seen across not only the NFL but other sports. The new Braves stadium, Camden Yards, Coors Field,... etc... those latter two may have had growth that was more organic and less pre-planned but regardless same principle. In an ideal world, it would be continuous development of restaurants, retail, residential, etc... from the stadium all the way to downtown. It's not going to be just a couple hotels that people use 10 times a year. It has be a live / work / play community to make it really profitable. And if he is putting down his own money (for a portion of it at least), he'll make a boatload of cash if it works.

(02-10-2020, 12:49 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 12:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: I find it weird that shad would want to build lot J before the stadium

He knows he's not getting a new stadium here any time soon.  And when the city does agree to building a new facility, it will more than likely be a renovated TIAA Bank Field.  They're not going to move the stadium, or tear down the existing structure completely.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. By the time Lot J is finished they'll be all out going for a new stadium and if Shad is building a new stadium you can be sure he's going to want it done up to the 9s. 

He's not just gonna want to build a stadium, rather a state of the art facility which can be used every single day and be a strong venue for events.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 02:29 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Lot J is code word for London Move.   Right now, the Jaguars are estimating moving expenses to be $250 million associated with personnel moves and stadium buyout rights, etc.

Just like the Navy Seals used the code word Geronimo to prevent the public's knowledge of the operation to seek out and kill Osama Bin Laden, Shad Khan is using the code word Lot J to conceal the London operation.

The Baltimore Colts previously used the code word Mayflower to conceal their midnight move to Indy

(02-10-2020, 02:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lot J is code word for London Move.   Right now, the Jaguars are estimating moving expenses to be $250 million associated with personnel moves and stadium buyout rights, etc.

Just like the Navy Seals used the code word Geronimo to prevent the public's knowledge of the operation to seek out and kill Osama Bin Laden, Shad Khan is using the code word Lot J to conceal the London operation.

The Baltimore Colts previously used the code word Mayflower to conceal their midnight move to Indy

But if they tear down the Hart Bridge Expressway to build Lot J, how will the Mayflower trucks ever make it out of town?

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 03:59 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-10-2020, 03:12 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 02:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lot J is code word for London Move.   Right now, the Jaguars are estimating moving expenses to be $250 million associated with personnel moves and stadium buyout rights, etc.

But if they tear down the Hart Bridge Expressway to build Lot J, how will the Mayflower trucks ever make it out of town?

I could see Shad utilizing state of the art means to take advantage of our waterways to transport equipment to London.  We don't need no stinkin' highways.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611bd854b01ee7fbb285a...=giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=790b7611aa3059ac2e6f12f70...giphy.webp]

(02-08-2020, 05:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 04:52 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: No sign?  How about a global pandemic?  Get back to me in a month about that vibrant travel and tourism industry.

The virus is made in China. It's got about two more weeks before it stops working.

Literally had vodka come out my nose. Thanks.

IF they break ground on it, I'll pay attention then.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Lot Jay is the marijuana cigarette smoked by the Hebrew leader after his wife was turned into a pillar of salt.

You're welcome.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-10-2020, 07:58 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Lot Jay is the marijuana cigarette smoked by the Hebrew leader after his wife was turned into a pillar of salt.

You're welcome.

[Image: tenor.gif]

LOL@New stadium. Get a clue. It starts with 2.

(02-10-2020, 11:55 AM)FBT Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 02:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote: The Jaguars as a business are the ones making the 500 million dollar investment. Therefore they will reap the profits of the complex, rents, sales, etc.

The Jaguars are investing $250 million in Khan's money into developing Lot J.  The other half is expected to come from the taxpayers of Jacksonville.  The property is controlled by the Jaguars, but it is owned by the city.

The reason Khan is going this route is because he can move more quickly on starting development around the stadium that will help increase revenues for the team that will allow them to boost their revenues to remain competitive while not putting all of the pressure to do so on the ticket buyers.  The Shipyards project is still a while away from breaking ground as the city is trying to determine who will be financially responsible for doing the necessary cleanup from decades of ship building and repair that will need to be done.  

The Lot J project is a good idea, and one that Lamping has actually been involved with in St. Louis with a similar setup around the Cardinal's stadium there. The downtown area is in desperate need of forward thinking vision, and I think this plan actually represents that.  They're going to bring in mixed use including housing, businesses, retail, restaurants, and entertainment to create a hub where people will be living and working around the stadium.   Because Khan has control over the property, he and the city will make money from the revenue generated, so the goal is to blow this thing up quickly so that we can start to pull back on those games in London.  We'll see if it happens.  Downtown development has been the chatter for decades.  The Landing was going to be the centerpiece of that renaissance 33 years ago, and it's now a vacant lot waiting for repurposing.  This seems to have a little more thought and planning behind it, and it should create a district around the stadium that will actually accomplish what they've been trying to make happen for decades.

I'm not happy about losing a 2nd game to London, and I'm still skeptical that it will be enough to reverse that trend.  We'll see how it goes.  I think I'll feel a lot more positive about this once they actually break ground.

This is the Best explanation of J Lot so far. As some of us may or may not know, J Lot was a thought far before Mr. Khan owned our Jaguars. This project will bring revenue to the Mr. Khan and our city of Jacksonville to say the least.

The additional parking, (for all entertainment), the formentioned entertainment district, the housing/hotels and many more not to forego the improved access w/respect to the overpass revamping. All leads to an more vital downtown district to which Jacksonville but most importantly Mr. Khan will benefit. 

Even though there's numerous negative opinions w/respect to the J Lot renovations, the J Lot renovations is overdue and much needed. It's about time.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Never going to get Lot J going while Talleyrand ave and A Phillip Randolf are blocks away.
"Insert any name of a city" needs to revitalize downtown. Let throw millions of dollars at it and it will work !!!

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 09:59 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-10-2020, 07:58 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Lot Jay is the marijuana cigarette smoked by the Hebrew leader after his wife was turned into a pillar of salt.

You're welcome.

Nicely played.

*Insert racist owner joke here*

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 09:59 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-11-2020, 09:55 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: *Insert racist owner joke here*

Not racist.  it was a play on Lot, son of Haran.  But given the fact that some people are less educated and could construe it as racist, I removed the post.

(02-11-2020, 09:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Not racist.  it was a play on Lot, son of Haran.  But given the fact that some people are less educated and could construe it as racist, I removed the post.
I just assumed it was coming, this is the internet afterall.

(02-11-2020, 09:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Should've been "Lot's Jay" for clarity I guess...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato