Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can somebody explain Lot J?

(02-11-2020, 11:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 09:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Not racist.  it was a play on Lot, son of Haran.  But given the fact that some people are less educated and could construe it as racist, I removed the post.

Should've been "Lot's Jay" for clarity I guess...

Jay and Silent Lot?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-08-2020, 04:52 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 04:17 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sorry I have to keep throwing a flag on you, but global travel is not collapsing.  In fact, global travel is growing very fast and shows no sign of slowing down.

No sign?  How about a global pandemic?  Get back to me in a month about that vibrant travel and tourism industry.

Global pandemic?
Oh please stop... The coronavirus thing is so overplayed overhyped.
Coronavirus (the virus that causes the common cold) is not a pandemic.
My gf is a nurse... and we find this whole coronavirus thing laughable. (not surprisingly people are creating vaccines and getting ready to profit from this already)
It's spread (mostly in China) due to dirty people not washing their hands after taking a [BLEEP].
The # of cases vs the # of people in the world is a sliver of a % and the number of deaths is even smaller.
This isn't as serious as the 2009 H1N1 "pandemic" which turned out to not be that bad either. And more people have died from the flu this year than this 'new' coronavirus.

On topic... let me touch on the original point; Lot J.
Lot J and shipyard projects intend to bring business, jobs, and additional residencies to Jacksonville, hopefully growing the market (more people, more jobs, more money)
Thus increasing the pool of people to sell tickets to.
Hopefully by the time these projects are realized the team is putting a better product on the field. Therefore the demand will be larger than the supply (tickets for games) and they can increase the prices of tickets (and concessions I imagine) to be better revenue for the Jaguars (and thus, the NFL, a revenue sharing league)

The Lot J project is an idea of bringing jobs, businesses, better residencies, and people into the city. That would be good for Jacksonville and the Jaguars.
It'll only work if the businesses that come to Lot J bring the right kind of jobs that people want and only will work if people come to J-Ville. It'll only be beneficial to the Jaguars if Lot J is a success AND the Jaguars put a product on the field people want to see.

(02-10-2020, 12:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: I find it weird that shad would want to build lot J before the stadium

It's not weird.
They have an existing stadium. 
They do not have an existing shopping/entertainment/hotel complex adjacent to the stadium.

(02-10-2020, 02:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 12:49 PM)FBT Wrote: He knows he's not getting a new stadium here any time soon.  And when the city does agree to building a new facility, it will more than likely be a renovated TIAA Bank Field.  They're not going to move the stadium, or tear down the existing structure completely.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. By the time Lot J is finished they'll be all out going for a new stadium and if Shad is building a new stadium you can be sure he's going to want it done up to the 9s. 

He's not just gonna want to build a stadium, rather a state of the art facility which can be used every single day and be a strong venue for events.

The problem is, he's not going to get a new stadium anywhere else in the area other than where it stands now.  He's not going to get any kind of support for a complete tear down and rebuild with the product he's putting on the field today here in Jacksonville.  Like I said before, when the time comes, it's going to be built in the same footprint as the old stadium, and it's going to need to be more of a major renovation than a complete tear down and rebuild simply because of the time required to do so.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-10-2020, 09:55 PM)Anaheim Jaguars Wrote: Never going to get Lot J going while Talleyrand ave and A Phillip Randolf are blocks away.
"Insert any name of a city" needs to revitalize downtown. Let throw millions of dollars at it and it will work !!!

The project is expected to break ground by the end of March, regardless of what's happening on Talleyrand or A Phillip Randolph.  The city has already approved demoltion of the elevated Hart Bridge Expressway in order to improve traffic flow in the area.  There's a lot of moving parts that are already in the pipeline to support Lot J.  We'll see what happens.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-10-2020, 04:56 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 05:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: The virus is made in China. It's got about two more weeks before it stops working.

Literally had vodka come out my nose. Thanks.

IF they break ground on it, I'll pay attention then.

Sounds like you just can't handle your liquor  Banana
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-12-2020, 11:53 AM)FBT Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 02:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: I wouldn't be so sure about that. By the time Lot J is finished they'll be all out going for a new stadium and if Shad is building a new stadium you can be sure he's going to want it done up to the 9s. 

He's not just gonna want to build a stadium, rather a state of the art facility which can be used every single day and be a strong venue for events.

The problem is, he's not going to get a new stadium anywhere else in the area other than where it stands now.  He's not going to get any kind of support for a complete tear down and rebuild with the product he's putting on the field today here in Jacksonville.  Like I said before, when the time comes, it's going to be built in the same footprint as the old stadium, and it's going to need to be more of a major renovation than a complete tear down and rebuild simply because of the time required to do so.

That doesn't sound like how Shad thinks or operates at all. He's going to want an Atlanta/Vikings/Raiders/LA style stadium and will ask for a lot of money to help with it regardless of how the team is doing

I think ultimately Shad is looking at a 4/4 home game split, and I suspect he will go to that if he doesn't get what he wants from the City of Jax.

I think the way of the future is going to be 40,000 seat stadiums with major luxury features for the expanded club sections (where the real money is made). Add in an additional 5,000 standing room only areas that feature trendy craft brew pubs and space for end zone fanatics.

Yes, I kind of envision they way the MLS stadiums are now being constructed, only 2x the capacity.

I personally think kids today favor soccer over american football so things are going to be drastically different in 10 to 15 years.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 04:18 PM by homebiscuit.)

(02-12-2020, 03:39 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I think ultimately Shad is looking at a 4/4 home game split, and I suspect he will go to that if he doesn't get what he wants from the City of Jax.

He’s definitely letting the city know that he has options.

(02-12-2020, 04:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I think the way of the future is going to be 40,000 seat stadiums with major luxury features for the expanded club sections (where the real money is made).  Add in an additional 5,000 standing room only areas that feature trendy craft brew pubs and  space for end zone fanatics.

Yes, I kind of envision they way the MLS stadiums are now being constructed, only 2x the capacity.

I personally think kids today favor soccer over american football so things are going to be drastically different in 10 to 15 years.

I’d be down for that. Smaller footprint, better seat views, mostly sold out stadiums every game...what’s not to like? 

And a dome. You gotta have a dome.

(02-12-2020, 11:56 AM)FBT Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 09:55 PM)Anaheim Jaguars Wrote: Never going to get Lot J going while Talleyrand ave and A Phillip Randolf are blocks away.
"Insert any name of a city" needs to revitalize downtown. Let throw millions of dollars at it and it will work !!!

The project is expected to break ground by the end of March, regardless of what's happening on Talleyrand or A Phillip Randolph.  The city has already approved demoltion of the elevated Hart Bridge Expressway in order to improve traffic flow in the area.  There's a lot of moving parts that are already in the pipeline to support Lot J.  We'll see what happens.

The Hart Bridge Expressway...where's that traffic going to go? Are they just relocating the expressway to ground level, or dumping all of those cars onto Gator Bowl Blvd.?

Can anyone tell me if Lot J would still have homeless people around it?

With the 4/4 eventual split, Khan is obviously relying on events other than football games to give Lot J a reasonable ROI. If they dont address the basic issues that has kept every other downtown project from being successful, it's all moot.

(02-12-2020, 07:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can anyone tell me if Lot J would still have homeless people around it?

If it's anything like the urban renewal efforts in and around Atlanta, yes. Lots.

(02-12-2020, 07:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can anyone tell me if Lot J would still have homeless people around it?

Every downtown in America has homeless people. 

They are nothing to fear. 

Imagine not wanting to visit a portion of your own city because someone might *gasp* ask you for spare change. 

Asinine.

(02-13-2020, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Imagine not wanting to visit a portion of your own city because someone might *gasp* ask you for spare change. 

Asinine.

When's the last time you drove down Main Street?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-13-2020, 01:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Every downtown in America has homeless people. 

Asinine.

When's the last time you drove down Main Street?

We go down to Springfield on the weekends frequently. Sometimes to The Elbow district. It's fine.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Afraid of the homeless. LOL. Laughing

Been partying down town for years . All  the way back to the days of The Milk Bar. Danny had that place kickin!! Korn, Limp Bizkit, too many others to list. Saw many homeless, never had an issue, then again I'm not so pompous as to think everyone has it as good as I do.

Anyone knocking this project simply must not be able to stand the idea of Jacksonville thriving. Damnedest thing I have ever seen. So many of Jacksonville's denizens seem to hate the place. Same goes for the Jags, for a town that supposedly is so football fanatic they sure have a tough time selling the damn tickets.

Build it and they will come.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Yes, it's quite fine. Not a problem at all as you see by our robust and vibrant downtown district.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-13-2020, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Asinine.

They’re advancing. One approached me holding a [BLEEP] terminal with a chip reader.