Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I really hope Josh Oliver is the TE we need

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 12:15 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-11-2020, 11:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oliver should have been immediately placed on IR until later in the season, but they kept trotting him out and aggravating an injury which takes months to heal.

If he injures his hammy again, get rid of him. He’s permanently hobbled. Hamstring injuries can be stubbornly chronic.

That's not what happened.

They did keep him inactive until late in the season and he didn't reinjure his hamstring.  Whoever the QB was hung him out to dry.  I can't remember if it was Foles or Minshew.  He took a shot in the back and had to be placed on IR.

Edit:  I just checked the boxscore and it was Foles.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2020, 12:08 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 11:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oliver should have been immediately placed on IR until later in the season, but they kept trotting him out and aggravating an injury which takes months to heal.

If he injures his hammy again, get rid of him. He’s permanently hobbled. Hamstring injuries can be stubbornly chronic.

That's not what happened.

They did keep him inactive until late in the season and he didn't reinjure his hamstring.  Whoever the QB was hung him out to dry.  I can't remember if it was Foles or Minshew.  He took a shot in the back and had to be placed on IR.

I have to stop drinking so early on game days.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 12:20 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-11-2020, 12:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 12:08 PM)Rico Wrote: That's not what happened.

I have to stop drinking so early on game days.

I just distinctly remember that play because I turned to my wife and told her that was all on the QB.  

Of course, then I had to explain it all to her and the original remark became more trouble than it was worth.   Cry
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-11-2020, 12:20 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 12:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have to stop drinking so early on game days.

I just distinctly remember that play because I turned to my wife and told her that was all on the QB.  

Of course, then I had to explain it all to her and the original remark became more trouble than it was worth.   Cry

As little as Foles played, he almost got receivers killed at least twice.  I don't recall Minshew leading any of his receivers into a bad spot like that at all last year.

(02-11-2020, 04:29 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 12:20 PM)Rico Wrote: I just distinctly remember that play because I turned to my wife and told her that was all on the QB.  

As little as Foles played, he almost got receivers killed at least twice.  I don't recall Minshew leading any of his receivers into a bad spot like that at all last year.

This is all spot on. I remember that same play with Foles and Oliver's back injury. If you go back to preseason he was getting Westbrook smacked around like a fly on a wall too over the middle.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-11-2020, 04:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 04:29 PM)scottyg Wrote: As little as Foles played, he almost got receivers killed at least twice.  I don't recall Minshew leading any of his receivers into a bad spot like that at all last year.

This is all spot on. I remember that same play with Foles and Oliver's back injury. If you go back to preseason he was getting Westbrook smacked around like a fly on a wall too over the middle.

It's cause he's never been the "man" on a team.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 09:47 PM by jagsfan06.)

I believe that the team will draft aTE and bring in a veteran along with Oliver and O’Shaugnassey to complete the TE corps.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

pffft

Out for the season by week 4

(02-11-2020, 04:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 04:29 PM)scottyg Wrote: As little as Foles played, he almost got receivers killed at least twice.  I don't recall Minshew leading any of his receivers into a bad spot like that at all last year.

Yeah, that was the other play I distinctly remembered...  Dude played like 5 minutes in the pre-season and almost ended Westbrook.  Surprised the hell out of me that Dede got up.

Jordan Reed will be available

(02-19-2020, 07:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jordan Reed will be available

Yeah, with all the TEs we had to put on IR this past season, it would be a real shame if we didn't have at least one on IR this year.  Big question is whether or not he makes it to the regular season.

The NFL should step in and not let Reed play.

He’s not.

Welp there does that.

I hope Oliver steps up with a full offseason.

I don't share all the skepticism with Oliver.

I think he can be a factor. I'm way too busy lately to cull through the all22 but I'll try to find the time to make some gifs for you guys soon.

There were a couple of games between his injuries when he got a fair number of snaps. He wasn't targeted much due to QB pressure or QB error, but he was getting open on routes consistently.
Add in one more offseason to get his blocking refined, and he should be good to go IMO.

If he stays healthy, he'll contribute.

(02-20-2020, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't share all the skepticism with Oliver.

I think he can be a factor.  I'm way too busy lately to cull through the all22 but I'll try to find the time to make some gifs for you guys soon.

There were a couple of games between his injuries when he got a fair number of snaps. He wasn't targeted much due to QB pressure or QB error, but he was getting open on routes consistently.
Add in one more offseason to get his blocking refined, and he should be good to go IMO.

"He's a bust" - everyone after Chark's first season.

Last year the entire team was a mess at times. QB situation in flux. Injuries. Etc. etc.
Let's give the kid more than 5 games post injury with Foles and a 6th round rookie before we hang him out to dry.

But let's also pack more potential into the corp. James O coming back from ACL, everyone else is just a dude. Draft a guy & sign a guy.

James O’shshshshssnnnhy coming back will be a huge boost. Him and Minshew had good timing.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 12:43 AM by jrvegeeta.)

(02-20-2020, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't share all the skepticism with Oliver.

I think he can be a factor.  I'm way too busy lately to cull through the all22 but I'll try to find the time to make some gifs for you guys soon.

This. It completely baffled me how often he got open but got very few looks. Granted, I believe Minshew will start to throw the ball to him once he gets used to using his TEs. However, Foles will struggle to do this unless we improve our offensive line or change our blocking style.