Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dom Capers to the Vikings

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/2020/02/...ching-job/

Um, he'll be missed?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: Jump-ship.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

So everyone they brought in to help the people not capable of doing their job are all gone and we are left with the people not capable of doing their job. It's not because they learned and got better.

There goes our defense...game over.

#tankforlondon

(02-10-2020, 11:33 PM)Corriewf Wrote: There goes our defense...game over.

#tankforlondon

We had a defense?

Can we count the savings of Caper's salary as local revenue, and bring the 2nd game back to Jax?

At least the Indians had Bob Uecker, we get horribad frangie.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(02-11-2020, 07:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

#tankforlondon

We had a defense?

Had over 200 yards rushing in multiple games. Pretty solid!

Starting 6 non-drafted players late in the year sure didn't help.

(02-11-2020, 09:53 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: At least the Indians had Bob Uecker, we get horribad frangie.

That was a movie, and I'll take Tom Hamilton and Herb Score any day of the week over Uke. Rick Manning can go jump in Lake Erie for all I care.

Damn, I had it good as a kid. Those two calling Indians games, and also able to pick up WJR out of Detroit with Ernie Harwell calling Tigers games.

Maybe that's why I can't *watch* baseball to this day. I was spoiled by some of the best radio calls available.

How horrible would a remake be, though, if they changed it to football, and let Frangie play Uke's role? bah gawd!!!

(02-11-2020, 10:19 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 09:53 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: At least the Indians had Bob Uecker, we get horribad frangie.

That was a movie, and I'll take Tom Hamilton and Herb Score any day of the week over Uke. Rick Manning can go jump in Lake Erie for all I care.

Damn, I had it good as a kid. Those two calling Indians games, and also able to pick up WJR out of Detroit with Ernie Harwell calling Tigers games.

Maybe that's why I can't *watch* baseball to this day. I was spoiled by some of the best radio calls available.

How horrible would a remake be, though, if they changed it to football, and let Frangie play Uke's role? bah gawd!!!
It just fit with the whole "we're being Major Leagued" theme recently.

That's a heck of a line up.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

#tankforlondon

Wash was defiant when Capers was brought in, insisting that pass rushers would not be dropped into coverage. Capers had no real input from what I saw.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

This team is starving for young talented coaches.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Wasn't he set to retire before we got him. I could've sworn he was headed to some sunsets and exotic beaches but now he is going to another team.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.