Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Incumbents

(02-11-2020, 07:04 PM)Jags Wrote: So you live in the land of the FREE and home of the brave and have a [BLEEP] ton of rights and privileges but that’s not good enough for you?   You want to make it harder for those that have it to you to keep giving that to you solely based on their political party/hate for them?  Yeah, seems like a great way to go about things.

No, this has nothing to do with which political party they belong to. The leadership of each is rotten to the core because both of them are filled with people who are skating by on name recognition, who want to keep skating by on name recognition, and don't have to do anything for the people that voted for them.

I want to make it easier for individual people in Congress to go against their party, and compromise, while also making it easier for voters to kick people out when the do something most voters don't like, regardless of party.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2020, 07:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 07:04 PM)Jags Wrote: So you live in the land of the FREE and home of the brave and have a [BLEEP] ton of rights and privileges but that’s not good enough for you?   You want to make it harder for those that have it to you to keep giving that to you solely based on their political party/hate for them?  Yeah, seems like a great way to go about things.

No, this has nothing to do with which political party they belong to. The leadership of each is rotten to the core because both of them are filled with people who are skating by on name recognition, who want to keep skating by on name recognition, and don't have to do anything for the people that voted for them.

I want to make it easier for individual people in Congress to go against their party, and compromise, while also making it easier for voters to kick people out when the do something most voters don't like, regardless of party.
But, don’t we already have someone in office exposing all that?  Why aren’t you happy with that?

(02-11-2020, 07:47 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 07:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: No, this has nothing to do with which political party they belong to. The leadership of each is rotten to the core because both of them are filled with people who are skating by on name recognition, who want to keep skating by on name recognition, and don't have to do anything for the people that voted for them.

But, don’t we already have someone in office exposing all that?  Why aren’t you happy with that?

He is exposing it, sure. But is he fixing it? Nancy Pelosi has agreed to step down, but it was AOC who convinced her to promise this, not Trump. Chuck Schumer has not agreed to step down. Dianne feinstein is still in place. 

And what are we going to do to make sure it doesn't happen again? Perhaps in 2021 Trump will not be president anymore, certainly in 2025 he will not.

The stock market is up 50% and our candidates totally suck.

Advantage - Incumbent.

(02-11-2020, 07:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 07:47 PM)Jags Wrote: But, don’t we already have someone in office exposing all that?  Why aren’t you happy with that?

He is exposing it, sure. But is he fixing it? Nancy Pelosi has agreed to step down, but it was AOC who convinced her to promise this, not Trump. Chuck Schumer has not agreed to step down. Dianne feinstein is still in place. 

And what are we going to do to make sure it doesn't happen again? Perhaps in 2021 Trump will not be president anymore, certainly in 2025 he will not.

Wow, your standard is Trump's control of the opposition party. No wonder you have such issues.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-11-2020, 09:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 07:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: He is exposing it, sure. But is he fixing it? Nancy Pelosi has agreed to step down, but it was AOC who convinced her to promise this, not Trump. Chuck Schumer has not agreed to step down. Dianne feinstein is still in place. 

Wow, your standard is Trump's control of the opposition party. No wonder you have such issues.

I don't understand what you're saying. Perhaps you didn't understand what I said.

(02-11-2020, 07:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 07:47 PM)Jags Wrote: But, don’t we already have someone in office exposing all that?  Why aren’t you happy with that?

AOC wasn't involved in the deal.

(02-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Predator Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 07:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: He is exposing it, sure. But is he fixing it? Nancy Pelosi has agreed to step down, but it was AOC who convinced her to promise this, not Trump. Chuck Schumer has not agreed to step down. Dianne feinstein is still in place. 

AOC wasn't involved in the deal.

Maybe she wasn't, but Trump definitely wasn't.  It was young Democrats pushing her out, mostly because they want a chance to be Speaker.  Trump had nothing to do with it.  All the corruption Republicans see in her had nothing to do with it.

(02-11-2020, 09:54 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Predator Wrote: AOC wasn't involved in the deal.

Maybe she wasn't, but Trump definitely wasn't.  It was young Democrats pushing her out, mostly because they want a chance to be Speaker.  Trump had nothing to do with it.  All the corruption Republicans see in her had nothing to do with it.

I wouldn't call people in their 50s and 60s young unless you are 80 like Pelosi.

(02-11-2020, 10:11 PM)Predator Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 09:54 PM)mikesez Wrote: Maybe she wasn't, but Trump definitely wasn't.  It was young Democrats pushing her out, mostly because they want a chance to be Speaker.  Trump had nothing to do with it.  All the corruption Republicans see in her had nothing to do with it.

I wouldn't call people in their 50s and 60s young unless you are 80 like Pelosi.

Sure. Let's pretend I typed "younger." Makes more sense that way, right?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 10:57 PM by Predator.)

(02-11-2020, 10:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 10:11 PM)Predator Wrote: I wouldn't call people in their 50s and 60s young unless you are 80 like Pelosi.

Sure. Let's pretend I typed "younger." Makes more sense that way, right?

Are we also supposed to pretend that you didn't think AOC was the young representative that was pushing her out?

Most of what you present as facts is pretending.

(02-11-2020, 10:53 PM)Predator Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 10:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: Sure. Let's pretend I typed "younger." Makes more sense that way, right?

Are we also supposed to pretend that you didn't think AOC was the young representative that was pushing her out?

You said Trump was solving this problem of excessively long terms in office.  You were also wrong, unless you can point to an example.

(02-11-2020, 11:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 10:53 PM)Predator Wrote: Are we also supposed to pretend that you didn't think AOC was the young representative that was pushing her out?

You said Trump was solving this problem of excessively long terms in office.  You were also wrong, unless you can point to an example.

Show me where I said that.

You can't seem to get anything right.

(02-11-2020, 11:33 PM)Predator Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 11:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: You said Trump was solving this problem of excessively long terms in office.  You were also wrong, unless you can point to an example.

Show me where I said that.

You can't seem to get anything right.

Got you confused with a different poster, sorry.