Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Javon Kinlaw

It's a long article, but worth reading, if you're interested in Javon Kinlaw.

I'm starting to think he will be gone before we pick.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/javon-kinlaw/javon-kinlaw?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm sure one of Brown, Simmoms, or Kinlaw will make it to our pick and I'd be ok with any of the 3

My top tier is still Brown, Wills jr, Okudah, and Simmons...but Kinlaw would be a very fine consolation prize if all 4 are off the board. I'd be fairly disappointed with anyone except those 5 at the moment.

I like him just not enough to take at#9

His upside is as high as any player in this draft. I dont remember a guy 6'6" 310 being that strong and able to move the way he does. I'd be more than happy with him at 9

(02-12-2020, 09:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: His upside is as high as any player in this draft. I dont remember a guy 6'6" 310 being that strong and able to move the way he does. I'd be more than happy with him at 9

Becton makes Kinlaw look small and he can also move like a ballerina.

(02-13-2020, 01:54 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 09:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: His upside is as high as any player in this draft.  I dont remember a guy 6'6" 310 being that strong and able to move the way he does.  I'd be more than happy with him at 9

I'd be very happy with Kinlaw at 9 and Becton at 20. How Becton does at the combine and personal workouts will determine whether he drops to pick 20. If he does drop, Jones would be a possible alternate pick at left tackle. From what I've seen, he has as much upside as any other left tackle.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2020, 08:32 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-13-2020, 01:54 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 09:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: His upside is as high as any player in this draft.  I dont remember a guy 6'6" 310 being that strong and able to move the way he does.  I'd be more than happy with him at 9

He moves great for his size but he isnt busting through blocks and double teams, bull rushing Alabama guards into the QB and chasing ball carriers.  Got some tape on him moving like that or just quick hands and feet for a tackle?  Your were one just not long ago saying Becton is heavy footed like the tackles we have now and it would be a huge shock to you if he went early. We will see at the combine if he can move like Kinlaw.

Kinlaw is the early favorite for pick 9 in my mind. After Brown and Kinlaw there isn't really another complete DT in the draft.

(02-13-2020, 11:36 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Kinlaw is the early favorite for pick 9 in my mind. After Brown and Kinlaw there isn't really another complete DT in the draft.

Trying to guess who the third DT will be is a difficult one.  Jordan Elliott maybe?

(02-13-2020, 01:12 PM)Andy G Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 11:36 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Kinlaw is the early favorite for pick 9 in my mind. After Brown and Kinlaw there isn't really another complete DT in the draft.

Trying to guess who the third DT will be is a difficult one.  Jordan Elliott maybe?

Yeah it's hard to say. Both Madubuike and Blacklock are more pass rushing 3 techs. Elliott seems to have an all-around game but he's one of those prospects that seems to divide opinion. Limited time as a starter too.

I suspect Raekwon Davis will end up rising in the pre-draft process. His play has been underwhelming the last two years but he has all the physical tools to be a big player against the run and the pass. Some teams will look at the physical profile and decide they can coach him up / light a fire under his [BLEEP] and he will become a beast. I'd be happy to see the Jags take him in the second as long as they've done their due dilligence about character.

(02-13-2020, 01:12 PM)Andy G Wrote:

People sleep on Madubuike and I'm not sure why.

Gallimore is in the mix too, although I've heard mixed things.

(02-13-2020, 01:28 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 01:12 PM)Andy G Wrote: Trying to guess who the third DT will be is a difficult one.  Jordan Elliott maybe?

Yeah it's hard to say. Both Madubuike and Blacklock are more pass rushing 3 techs. Elliott seems to have an all-around game but he's one of those prospects that seems to divide opinion. Limited time as a starter too.

I suspect Raekwon Davis will end up rising in the pre-draft process. His play has been underwhelming the last two years but he has all the physical tools to be a big player against the run and the pass. Some teams will look at the physical profile and decide they can coach him up / light a fire under his [BLEEP] and he will become a beast. I'd be happy to see the Jags take him in the second as long as they've done their due dilligence about character.

Blacklock is a more a run defender than a pass rusher. 

Freak athlete though and with room to grow in both areas. He should be the 3rd DT selected imk

(02-13-2020, 08:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 01:54 AM)Upper Wrote: Becton makes Kinlaw look small and he can also move like a ballerina.

Your were one just not long ago saying Becton is heavy footed like the tackles we have now

Lol I have definitely never said that.

(02-13-2020, 06:11 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 01:28 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Yeah it's hard to say. Both Madubuike and Blacklock are more pass rushing 3 techs. Elliott seems to have an all-around game but he's one of those prospects that seems to divide opinion. Limited time as a starter too.

Blacklock is a more a run defender than a pass rusher. 

Freak athlete though and with room to grow in both areas. He should be the 3rd DT selected imk

I can't say I've watched much of him at all, but this is from Zierlein's draft profile on him on NFL.com:

"He's a hit-or-miss run defender, but he's a relentless pass rusher"

(02-13-2020, 07:08 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 08:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Your were one just not long ago saying Becton is heavy footed like the tackles we have now

Lol I have definitely never said that.

Pretty sure that was OLineMatters first take on Becton.

What happened to that guy? Usually we'd have a few full 7 round mocks from him by this point in draft season.

(02-13-2020, 09:13 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 06:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Blacklock is a more a run defender than a pass rusher. 

I can't say I've watched much of him at all, but this is from Zierlein's draft profile on him on NFL.com:

Yeah he's off on that. Has great effort in both phases but he's more effective in the run game for now.

(02-13-2020, 09:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 09:13 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I can't say I've watched much of him at all, but this is from Zierlein's draft profile on him on NFL.com:

Yeah he's off on that. Has great effort in both phases but he's more effective in the run game for now.

Fair, I've just been doing some more research and yeah the dude seems pretty strong across the board.

He's ranked 12th overall on McShay's big board apparently.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 10:06 AM by JackCity.)

(02-13-2020, 10:21 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 09:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah he's off on that. Has great effort in both phases but he's more effective in the run game for now.

Fair, I've just been doing some more research and yeah the dude seems pretty strong across the board.

He's ranked 12th overall on McShay's big board apparently.

I'm a TCU fan so a big fan too yeah. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he went round 1