Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DOJ prosecutors resign after top brass reverses course on Roger Stone sentencing

The prosecutors, judge and some jury members were extremely partisan. Stone deserves a fair trial.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-15-2020, 02:50 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The prosecutors, judge and some jury members were extremely partisan.  Stone deserves a fair trial.

Bruh...  just because were paranoid doesnt mean they're not out to get us.

(02-15-2020, 10:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 11:03 AM)Gabe Wrote: BLT, I'm having a hard time verifying this info. Can you shed a little light?

My understanding is that the prosecutors briefed their superiors with a reasonable sentence (I heard 6 to 24 months) and then went into court and asked the judge for 4 times that of the brief. Did you find the same story?

(02-15-2020, 12:33 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The prosecutors told Barr they would recommend 15 months.  It was all a set-up to get Trump to react so they could claim interference.  Same playbook as Ukraine.

FLSG - I couldn't find any story that said anything of the sort. I got the original recommendation and then Barr dunking on it with his memo, followed by the resignations. The only place I've "heard" otherwise is here. 

Just curious what sources people are using to make those claims.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(02-17-2020, 09:28 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 10:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My understanding is that the prosecutors briefed their superiors with a reasonable sentence (I heard 6 to 24 months) and then went into court and asked the judge for 4 times that of the brief. Did you find the same story?

(02-15-2020, 12:33 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The prosecutors told Barr they would recommend 15 months.  It was all a set-up to get Trump to react so they could claim interference.  Same playbook as Ukraine.

FLSG - I couldn't find any story that said anything of the sort. I got the original recommendation and then Barr dunking on it with his memo, followed by the resignations. The only place I've "heard" otherwise is here. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-exp...n-official

“The Department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the filing in the Stone case last night,” the official told Fox News. “The sentencing recommendation was not what had been briefed to the Department.”

And just to deter the "B-b-b-b-but FOX NEWZ" crowd:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/prosecut...d=68893294

"The department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation,” the official, who requested anonymity to speak about the department's internal deliberations, said. “This was not what had been briefed to the department and the department thinks the recommendation was extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate to Stone’s offenses and the department will clarify its position later today at the court.”
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-17-2020, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 09:28 AM)Gabe Wrote: FLSG - I couldn't find any story that said anything of the sort. I got the original recommendation and then Barr dunking on it with his memo, followed by the resignations. The only place I've "heard" otherwise is here. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-exp...n-official

“The Department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the filing in the Stone case last night,” the official told Fox News. “The sentencing recommendation was not what had been briefed to the Department.”

"The department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation,” the official, who requested anonymity to speak about the department's internal deliberations, said. “This was not what had been briefed to the department and the department thinks the recommendation was extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate to Stone’s offenses and the department will clarify its position later today at the court.”
I could go tongue-in-cheek on second-hand anonymous info, but I'll refrain because it's a holiday.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(02-17-2020, 11:39 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-exp...n-official

I could go tongue-in-cheek on second-hand anonymous info, but I'll refrain because it's a holiday.

It ain't much, but it's what we've got.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-17-2020, 11:39 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-exp...n-official

I believe the correct term is "whistleblower".

Does anyone actually believe a near 10-year sentence is appropriate for lying?

According to the USSC sentencing guide, Barr had every right and should have interfered. I may be reading the sentencing table incorrectly, but even at max for his charges it would be 46 months and that is with the top criminal history category. Perhaps they were seeking the max per the 7 charges? In any case, the judge will determine sentencing per published guidelines, not the individual team of lawyers, Barr, or Trump.

https://www.ussc.gov/guidelines/2018-gui...-chapter-5
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

This includes a good summary of the Stone case:

Free Roger Stone?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-20-2020, 12:16 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: This includes a good summary of the Stone case:

Free Roger Stone?i

This is tyranny, plain and simple.  When you look at what the Platte River guy did, the lies he told, destruction of evidence. And the circuitous theory of attorney client privilege they used to shield him this isn't a two tier justice system
  It's a justice system with the express purpose of advancing statism and destroying conservatives.