Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DOJ prosecutors resign after top brass reverses course on Roger Stone sentencing

DOJ prosecutors resign after top brass reverses course on Roger Stone sentencing

Four career Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutors abruptly withdrew from their posts on Tuesday in an apparent dramatic protest just hours after senior leaders at the DOJ said they would take the extraordinary step of effectively overruling the prosecutors' judgment by seeking a lesser sentence for President Trump's former adviser Roger Stone.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-pro...7-OQySp0sc
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#winning

https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog/status/12...6774852613

As an aside, if you are on Twitter, this is a very informative follow. If you look at the timestamp/timeline, this was tweeted prior to the resignations.

It's the same false victimhood stunt Comey pulled after being found out and jettisoned. And they'll peddle those stories because they know there's no lack of unserious, uncurious folks who won't dare question it and swallow it whole without hesitation. Remember, you have to keep up the con/lie for it to work. Otherwise, reality and the false worldview comes crashing down.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 11:37 PM by mikesez.)

Cooperating with Assange and then lying about it to federal investigators should get him a couple of years in the federal penitentiary.
7 to 9 sounds like too much.

But I mean why are we even talking about this? Why did these prosecutors choose this hill to die on? We all know Trump is going to pardon Stone, just like Trump pardoned Arpayo.

Trump already knows that he's allowed to bring foreign governments into his election messaging. He's going to show his hangers-on that they are allowed to do it as well, so long as they are doing it for Trump's benefit
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog/status/12...3988687873

Stone lied because he thought the truth would sound bad, when in fact there was nothing illegal done. He was right in suspecting that those looking to influence dullards and use the information for political currency would dress it in a way to sell it otherwise.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(02-11-2020, 11:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: Cooperating with Assange and then lying about it to federal investigators should get him a couple of years in the federal penitentiary.
7 to 9 sounds like too much.

But I mean why are we even talking about this? Why did these prosecutors choose this hill to die on? We all know Trump is going to pardon Stone, just like Trump pardoned Arpayo.

Trump already knows that he's allowed to bring foreign governments into his election messaging. He's going to show his hangers-on that they are allowed to do it as well, so long as they are doing it for Trump's benefit

...  lol

Lying to the government shouldn’t be an offense that carries years of imprisonment. If there were no political influences here, he’d likely leave the courtroom with probation or a couple days behind bars.

(02-12-2020, 12:22 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Lying to the government shouldn’t be an offense that carries years of imprisonment. If there were no political influences here, he’d likely leave the courtroom with probation or a couple days behind bars.

Then why did we need to lock Hillary up?!
I'm confused.

If it's okay for the AG to overrule his prosecutors' sentencing recommendations, it's probably also okay for the AG to meet the husband of someone under investigation informally, on a tarmac, right?

Stone's only crime was agreeing to talk to those creeps.

(02-12-2020, 12:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 12:22 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Lying to the government shouldn’t be an offense that carries years of imprisonment. If there were no political influences here, he’d likely leave the courtroom with probation or a couple days behind bars.

Then why did we need to lock Hillary up?!
I'm confused.

If it's okay for the AG to overrule his prosecutors' sentencing recommendations, it's probably also okay for the AG to meet the husband of someone under investigation informally, on a tarmac, right?

I often wonder if you actually believe the things you say or if you just say the first thing that comes to mind. 

I said it shouldn’t requires YEARS of imprisonment. I didn’t say it should go unpunished. Did you not understand that or did you intentionally ignore it when you changed the conversation?

(02-13-2020, 01:16 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 12:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: Then why did we need to lock Hillary up?!
I'm confused.

I often wonder if you actually believe the things you say or if you just say the first thing that comes to mind. 

I said it shouldn’t requires YEARS of imprisonment. I didn’t say it should go unpunished. Did you not understand that or did you intentionally ignore it when you changed the conversation?

Troll gonna troll.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Impeachment fail number two ?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

It was done to bait Trump. But the DOJ was on it before Trump knew about it. DOJ had already advised the prosecutors 7-9 was too harsh and to amend the sentence, but the DC partisans marched in there and yelled for 7-9 anyway.

He should have fired every us attorney day 1.

(02-14-2020, 02:37 AM)jj82284 Wrote: He should have fired every us attorney day 1.

... He did.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 09:44 AM by jj82284.)

(02-14-2020, 07:45 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 02:37 AM)jj82284 Wrote: He should have fired every us attorney day 1.

... He did.

Oh jeff....

(02-13-2020, 11:56 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: It was done to bait Trump.  But the DOJ was on it before Trump knew about it.  DOJ had already advised the prosecutors 7-9 was too harsh and to amend the sentence, but the DC partisans marched in there and yelled for 7-9 anyway.

BLT, I'm having a hard time verifying this info. Can you shed a little light?
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(02-14-2020, 11:03 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 11:56 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: It was done to bait Trump.  But the DOJ was on it before Trump knew about it.  DOJ had already advised the prosecutors 7-9 was too harsh and to amend the sentence, but the DC partisans marched in there and yelled for 7-9 anyway.

BLT, I'm having a hard time verifying this info. Can you shed a little light?

My understanding is that the prosecutors briefed their superiors with a reasonable sentence (I heard 6 to 24 months) and then went into court and asked the judge for 4 times that of the brief. Did you find the same story?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The prosecutors told Barr they would recommend 15 months. It was all a set-up to get Trump to react so they could claim interference. Same playbook as Ukraine.

The irony is Stone was going to get a pardon regardless.
Our whole system gives too many opportunities for corruption.