Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben McAdoo hired as QB coach

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 09:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/...26497?s=19

I like the McAdoo and Gruden combo for Minshew

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 09:24 PM by D-Money.)

Now all we need is Rex Ryan as our D coordinator and we will be set

(02-11-2020, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/...26497?s=19

Too bad it'll will only be for one season lol

wouldnt mind after first game fire maronne make gruden hc and mcadoo the oc

(02-11-2020, 09:54 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/...26497?s=19

Too bad it'll will only be for one season lol

Nah, they’ll just promote Gruden to HC and McAdoo to OC

That was my first thought. Putting together options for succession. Since we're all about "continuity" and never a full overhaul.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(02-11-2020, 09:24 PM)D-Money Wrote: Now all we need is Rex Ryan as our D coordinator and we will be set

This made me laff.

(02-11-2020, 11:04 PM)pirkster Wrote: That was my first thought.  Putting together options for succession.  Since we're all about "continuity" and never a full overhaul.

+1. I'm positive the Gruden hire was as a fallback interim coach, and McAdoo as the interim OC also seems like a natural fit. Baalke would be a good fit should the decision be made to dump Caldwell after the draft, or right after next season. Khan is piling up his "this guy will come cheap because he's already working here" options.

(02-11-2020, 11:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 11:04 PM)pirkster Wrote: That was my first thought.  Putting together options for succession.  Since we're all about "continuity" and never a full overhaul.

+1. I'm positive the Gruden hire was as a fallback interim coach, and McAdoo as the interim OC also seems like a natural fit. Baalke would be a good fit should the decision be made to dump Caldwell after the draft, or right after next season. Khan is piling up his "this guy will come cheap because he's already working here" options.

So Shad Khan is hiring the offensive assistants now?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 06:23 AM by JackCity.)

Gruden and McAdoo are great gets, especially considering the circumstances

(02-11-2020, 11:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Doug hired them. Not Shad. 

So while yeh they make sense as internal options they weren't hired because they will be good interim options, or succession options for when Doug is gone.

I dig it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Marrone is hiring his replacement?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Well if Gruden becomes the HC prepare for another 4 years of mediocrity... I tend to forget people love mediocrity around here.

This is setting up for a more improved offense. Still need the extra pieces to throw in there. I can say one thing is certain: red-zone offense will be more efficient.

(02-12-2020, 09:27 AM)Jagulars Wrote: This is setting up for a more improved offense. Still need the extra pieces to throw in there. I can say one thing is certain: red-zone offense will be more efficient.

Defense will be Marrone's undoing because he refuses to let go of Wash, whose system works only with at least two blue chip athletes at every level. He's unable to be creative and do what an experienced coordinator like Spagnuolo did with a  mediocre set of defenders. Outside of Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Tyran Mathieu, and perhaps Breeland, the rest of the players on the Chiefs defense are marginal, especially the linebackers. But somehow Spags was able to create a scheme to limit one of the best offenses in football in the Super Bowl.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Jags QB room now has the best mustache in the league, and also the worst haircut in the league.

(02-12-2020, 06:21 AM)JackCity Wrote: Doug hired them. Not Shad. 

So while yeh they make sense as internal options they weren't hired because they will be good interim options, or succession options for when Doug is gone.

That wouldn't be why Marrone would hire them, but that certainly may have played a part in why they decided to choose Jax over other options.

(02-12-2020, 10:00 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 09:27 AM)Jagulars Wrote: This is setting up for a more improved offense. Still need the extra pieces to throw in there. I can say one thing is certain: red-zone offense will be more efficient.

Defense will be Marrone's undoing because he refuses to let go of Wash, whose system works only with at least two blue chip athletes at every level. He's unable to be creative and do what an experienced coordinator like Spagnuolo did with a  mediocre set of defenders. Outside of Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Tyran Mathieu, and perhaps Breeland, the rest of the players on the Chiefs defense are marginal, especially the linebackers. But somehow Spags was able to create a scheme to limit one of the best offenses in football in the Super Bowl.

Very well stated. I heard someone on a game say that this defense (while good) will beat a lot of teams but not the best as no creativity at all.

(02-14-2020, 10:08 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 06:21 AM)JackCity Wrote: Doug hired them. Not Shad. 

That wouldn't be why Marrone would hire them, but that certainly may have played a part in why they decided to choose Jax over other options.

It would be a surprise if it wasn't a factor for them

Lots of folks out there convincing themselves that Doug Marrone is actively hiring multiple replacements for himself.

Weird.

There's nothing so unusual about adding former HCs to assistant coaching positions that should make people jump to nonsensical assumptions about the hire. Doug values experience in his hires as do most other HCs.