Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trevor Lawrence Thread

Who knows how the season is gonna play out? Hopefully, Minshew does well and we won't need a QB. In that case, I use whatever draft capital we need to get Oregon LT Penei Sewell. That kid is the best LT I have seen in quite some time. I'd say Lawrence or Sewell will be the target in the 2021 draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There’s going to be a lot of hyperbole about Lawrence, but where do you think he ranks as a likely first pick right now (and of course he still has another college season to play).

Is he up there as a guaranteed once-in-a-blue moon talent, ranking alongside the likes of Manning and Luck?

Or is he more on a par with a Burrow, Murray or Mayfield?

(05-06-2020, 01:54 AM)Andy G Wrote: There’s going to be a lot of hyperbole about Lawrence, but where do you think he ranks as a likely first pick right now (and of course he still has another college season to play).

Is he up there as a guaranteed once-in-a-blue moon talent, ranking alongside the likes of Manning and Luck?

As of right now, he’d definitely be on the Manning/Luck tier.

(05-06-2020, 06:04 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 01:54 AM)Andy G Wrote: There’s going to be a lot of hyperbole about Lawrence, but where do you think he ranks as a likely first pick right now (and of course he still has another college season to play).

As of right now, he’d definitely be on the Manning/Luck tier.

Manning and Luck aren't even on the same tier.

And to place a college kid who hasn't even stepped foot into the NFL on either one of those guys tiers is laughable.

Jameis Winston went his whole collegiate career losing what, 1 game?

This kid could just as easily be Winston.

(05-06-2020, 09:15 AM)Kane Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 06:04 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: As of right now, he’d definitely be on the Manning/Luck tier.

And to place a college kid who hasn't even stepped foot into the NFL on either one of those guys tiers is laughable.

He’s saying as a prospect. Not that he is there right now but coming out of college, Lawerence is 100% on the same prospect level.

(05-06-2020, 09:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 09:15 AM)Kane Wrote: Manning and Luck aren't even on the same tier.

He’s saying as a prospect. Not that he is there right now but coming out of college, Lawerence is 100% on the same prospect level.

Yeah... and I'm not ready to deem Trevor Lawrence a "once in a generation, can't miss" prospect.
Is he the best QB prospect for next year's draft? Absolutely.
Is he a once in a generation prospect? Nah

(05-06-2020, 06:04 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: As of right now, he’d definitely be on the Manning/Luck tier.

What do you think Lawrence lacks as a prospect that Luck had, considering Luck is usually regarded as the best QB prospect in the past 15 years or so

(05-06-2020, 11:56 AM)Kane Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 09:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He’s saying as a prospect. Not that he is there right now but coming out of college, Lawerence is 100% on the same prospect level.

Yeah... and I'm not ready to deem Trevor Lawrence a "once in a generation, can't miss" prospect.
Lawerence will go #1 next year and he would have gone #1 in the previous 2 drafts. He’s that good.

What’s he lacking exactly? Arm strength, accuracy, leadership, winning, mobility?

(05-06-2020, 12:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 11:56 AM)Kane Wrote: Yeah... and I'm not ready to deem Trevor Lawrence a "once in a generation, can't miss" prospect.
Lawerence will go #1 next year and he would have gone #1 in the previous 2 drafts. He’s that good.

What’s he lacking exactly? Arm strength, accuracy, leadership, winning, mobility?

Not sure if he would of went over Burrow if he came out this year.  That is a close one

(05-06-2020, 07:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 12:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lawerence will go #1 next year and he would have gone #1 in the previous 2 drafts. He’s that good.

Not sure if he would of went over Burrow if he came out this year.  That is a close one
I actually don’t think it’s close. If Tua were healthy, he would have gone #1.

(05-06-2020, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 07:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not sure if he would of went over Burrow if he came out this year.  That is a close one

Its closer than you think and Tua is healthy

(05-06-2020, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 07:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not sure if he would of went over Burrow if he came out this year.  That is a close one

He had the best Oline in College football his ENTIRE career... still was constantly and consistently injured.

So now he goes to one of the worst Olines in the NFL. He's not going to make it past game 5.

Lol, I love the above post. With your sig, it looks like Minshew is pointing at Trevor and giving his approval.

(12-20-2020, 10:08 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Lol,  I love the above post. With your sig, it looks like Minshew is pointing at Trevor and giving his approval.

Haha true!

Assuming you think Manning is on a higher tier than Luck, I'd be very happy if Lawrence were on the same talent level as Luck, especially if we didn't have to trade up to get him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2020, 02:03 AM by nhiverson.)

Who do you all compare him to? I saw Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Deshaun Watson. That wouldn't be too bad.
No Fun

(12-23-2020, 02:02 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Who do you all compare him to? I saw Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Deshaun Watson. That wouldn't be too bad.

Lawrence? I think he is more a combination of Rogers and Watson with a little Mahomes sprinkled in.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-23-2020, 02:16 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 02:02 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Who do you all compare him to? I saw Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Deshaun Watson. That wouldn't be too bad.

Lawrence? I think he is more a combination of Rogers and Watson with a little Mahomes sprinkled in.

Oh if that is true me likey alot lol
No Fun

(12-23-2020, 02:34 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 02:16 AM)Dimson Wrote: Lawrence? I think he is more a combination of Rogers and Watson with a little Mahomes sprinkled in.

Oh if that is true me likey alot lol

He has the accuracy and arm of Rogers and the mobility of Watson. Plus he can get creative when he needs to like Mahomes.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]