Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trevor Lawrence Thread

(05-06-2020, 11:56 AM)Kane Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 09:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He’s saying as a prospect. Not that he is there right now but coming out of college, Lawerence is 100% on the same prospect level.

Yeah... and I'm not ready to deem Trevor Lawrence a "once in a generation, can't miss" prospect.
Is he the best QB prospect for next year's draft? Absolutely.
Is he a once in a generation prospect? Nah

What do you dislike about Lawrence as a prospect?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-23-2020, 05:21 AM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 11:56 AM)Kane Wrote: Yeah... and I'm not ready to deem Trevor Lawrence a "once in a generation, can't miss" prospect.

Keep in mind that Kane posted that back in May, when it looked like we had very little chance of drafting Trevor Lawrence.

(03-20-2020, 09:00 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: The Rams are a complete mess right now. How funny would it be if the Rams are the reason we get the number 1 pick.

Best case scenario we get the no1 pick for Lawrence, then get another high pick and get someone like Penei Sewell.

If the rumors are true, Philly was offering their 2021 1st pick for Ngakoue, which would give us three 1st to use as ammo for a possible trade up.

Not the reason we get the number one pick but they just lost to the 0-13 Jets.  Thanks Jalen for helping make this all happen

Edit, they are the reason we get the number 1 pick because if they didn't lose to the Jets we wouldn't. So once again, thanks for the 2 1st, the 4th, and thanks for Trevor Lawrence

(03-20-2020, 09:00 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: The Rams are a complete mess right now. How funny would it be if the Rams are the reason we get the number 1 pick.

Best case scenario we get the no1 pick for Lawrence, then get another high pick and get someone like Penei Sewell.

If the rumors are true, Philly was offering their 2021 1st pick for Ngakoue, which would give us three 1st to use as ammo for a possible trade up.

Eagles are currently the 7th pick. How did we not pull that off?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-23-2020, 09:19 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

Eagles are currently the 7th pick. How did we not pull that off?

Bad decision by Dave not taking that deal if true

(12-23-2020, 10:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 09:19 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Eagles are currently the 7th pick. How did we not pull that off?

Bad decision by Dave not taking that deal if true

Key words being, IF TRUE.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 01:46 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I just watched an interview Dan Patrick did with Lawrence a few days ago. I was really impressed. He seems like a very down to earth, cool dude. Very knowledgeable, he says all the right things too. He says he knows he is going to be drafted by a team that's down on it's luck (at the time that appeared to be the Jets) and it didn't matter to him. He said he was ready for the challenge and he looks forward to going to a re-building team and helping them win. He did also talk about his backup QB, Daniel Uiagalelei who is 250 lbs. He says that guy has trouble shedding weight and he has trouble putting it on. I was glad that he addressed that since I would like to see him add 15-20 lbs. to his frame. He also talked about getting engaged. I looked up his fiance and dang! Having her come to Jacksonville would be a bonus. Here she is...

[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-01-07-at-9.41.44-PM-613x811.jpg]

Lawrence's interview on the Schefter podcast from a couple of days ago was cool too. The whole podcast, until like the last 5 minutes, is actually really pertinent.

I will now be pulling for Clemson in the college playoffs. Hopefully Trevor wins his 2nd championship and brings the championship pedigree and experience to Jax

I will also, but i just dont want to see bama win it again. Bama looks too good

I have always avoided looking at Trevor Lawrence highlights, because I didn't want to feel regret about not being able to draft him, but this morning, I finally looked at a highlight reel from 2020. Damn, he looks good.

(12-29-2020, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have always avoided looking at Trevor Lawrence highlights, because I didn't want to feel regret about not being able to draft him, but this morning, I finally looked at a highlight reel from 2020.   Damn, he looks good.
His ball placement is incredible. Everyone is hit in stride and in places only the WR can catch it.

(12-23-2020, 05:21 AM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 11:56 AM)Kane Wrote: Yeah... and I'm not ready to deem Trevor Lawrence a "once in a generation, can't miss" prospect.

Yeah after watching all of his games this season I pretty much fell in love. I had him and Fields very close after last season and during this season I watched both more closely (obviously Tlaw more) and the gap widened a great deal.

I love Lawrence, he's pretty much done it every year for 3 years. 
Do I think he's a once in a generational prospect? I dunno... I kinda hate that phrase. I think he's very very good. A legit franchise guy.
I'm super happy to get him.

For a kid that skinny, he is tough as nails. He was getting blasted by Ohio State and he just kept on getting up and dusting himself off. Considering the ungodly amount of pressure he was under all night, I think he played very well. That interception was not his fault at all. If anything, I would've ruled it a fumble. It doesn't matter though. I'm just glad he made it out without getting seriously injured.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 01:37 AM by Dimson.)

(01-02-2021, 01:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: For a kid that skinny, he is tough as nails. He was getting blasted by Ohio State and he just kept on getting up and dusting himself off. Considering the ungodly amount of pressure he was under all night, I think he played very well. That interception was not his fault at all. If anything, I would've ruled it a fumble. It doesn't matter though. I'm just glad he made it out without getting seriously injured.

You see the tweet by Chaisson calling for Clemson to pull Trevor from the game. Already looking out for his QB, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-02-2021, 01:37 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: For a kid that skinny, he is tough as nails. He was getting blasted by Ohio State and he just kept on getting up and dusting himself off. Considering the ungodly amount of pressure he was under all night, I think he played very well. That interception was not his fault at all. If anything, I would've ruled it a fumble. It doesn't matter though. I'm just glad he made it out without getting seriously injured.

You see the tweet by Chaisson calling for Clemson to pull Trevor from the game. Already looking out for his QB, lol.

I was screaming the same thing at my TV. I was also calling Swinney a few choice names along the way.

Gosh I will be glad when he declares. What’s taking so long.

(01-06-2021, 03:05 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Gosh I will be glad when he declares. What’s taking so long.

You should be more worried about the Jags messing this up and taking somebody else over worrying about if Lawrence declares or not.. The writing has been on the wall for weeks now on if he was going to declare or not.