Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pre combine tier board

(02-20-2020, 11:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 11:59 PM)Upper Wrote: I honestly haven't seen a draftnik say a single good thing about Biadasz so far.

This is Brugler's response to a comment about Biadasz being left off his top 10 IOL list:

Dane Brugler
@Carter Z. He graded out much lower (Early day 3). And the feedback I received from NFL teams is closer to my ranking than many in the media. Direct quote from a scout: "How is media still talking about the Wisconsin kid in the 2nd round?"

He played below average on the better competition he faced in 2019 (Both Ohio State tapes, Michigan, Michigan State)
Who cares what they think, they are wrong a lot.  Sometimes I fell those guys piggy back off of each other when one has an opinion on a player.  I dont watch a a ton of Wis games but the ones a have seen the last couple years he looked pretty dominant.  He also won the award for the best center in college which is pretty good company.  What is your opinion of him?

This is definitely true. It's also understandable in some ways.

Last week Zierlein released his player grades on nfl.com (I usually put more stock in his than anyone else tbh). As usual, there were a few players who he graded significantly higher than others, such as OL Tyre Phillips and TE Devin Asiasi, neither of whom I knew anything about. 

Pretty much the exact next day Matt Miller (Bleacher Report draft guy), released his updated big board, and both of those players had risen like 100+ spots.

You can look at it either way: either they are hacks who just copy the grades of others, or it's more of a case of different perspectives giving them a chance to look at players again and seeing something more. Truth is probably a bit of both.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-20-2020, 12:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Allowed 5 pressures all year

Was this from PFF?

(02-20-2020, 01:46 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 12:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Allowed 5 pressures all year

Was this from PFF?

Yep

Of all those categories, it looks like OT is proving the hardest to rank.

Pundits seem divided on who is best, they can’t agree which players will end up at guard and they are split on which have the potential (or experience) to play left tackle.

Probably one that will become clearer closer to the time I guess.

AJ Terrell is one who interests me too. He doesn’t seem to have done much wrong and played for a good team against good opposition. He’s a good size and moves well, but is consistently overlooked. 

Is this just because he had one bad day in the championship game?

(02-19-2020, 06:47 PM)enigma Wrote: Don't agree with Fulton being a potential all pro.

Guy gets torched far too often to be considered a top tier talent in CFB - the only thing making people perceive him as such is the hype.

Not really.  He had a strong Jr year and he played good most of this year.  The NC game he was off and on.  I think he can be an all pro.  I wouldn't take him in the top 10, but I'd certainly take him from 25 -32 and into the early 2nd.  I look at the entire body of work and it's really good.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 02:03 PM by enigma.)

(02-21-2020, 12:26 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 06:47 PM)enigma Wrote: Don't agree with Fulton being a potential all pro.

Guy gets torched far too often to be considered a top tier talent in CFB - the only thing making people perceive him as such is the hype.

Not really.  He had a strong Jr year and he played good most of this year.  The NC game he was off and on.  I think he can be an all pro.  I wouldn't take him in the top 10, but I'd certainly take him from 25 -32 and into the early 2nd.  I look at the entire body of work and it's really good.

I'm not wasting the #9 pick on a CB who isn't named Okudah, especially if a player like Simmons or D. Brown is available - and who I consider actual top tier players unlike Fulton.

And you're making my point basically... If he was a perceived all-pro type of player, he wouldn't fall past the top 10. I don't believe he is in the top bracket of players that the OP placed him in.

Kristian Fulton in 2018:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Aaron/status/115...93191?s=19

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2020, 06:56 PM by JAllen#41.)

(02-21-2020, 02:01 PM)enigma Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 12:26 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: Not really.  He had a strong Jr year and he played good most of this year.  The NC game he was off and on.  I think he can be an all pro.  I wouldn't take him in the top 10, but I'd certainly take him from 25 -32 and into the early 2nd.  I look at the entire body of work and it's really good.

I'm not wasting the #9 pick on a CB who isn't named Okudah, especially if a player like Simmons or D. Brown is available - and who I consider actual top tier players unlike Fulton.

And you're making my point basically... If he was a perceived all-pro type of player, he wouldn't fall past the top 10. I don't believe he is in the top bracket of players that the OP placed him in.

Who said anything about taking him at 9?  Secondly, who says All Pro players cannot be found outside of the top 10?  They can and I'm suggesting he shouldn't be taken in the top 25 but can still be an all pro.  A great example is a guy taken from the same school at 27 three years ago.  Tre' White, who was arguably the best CB in the league this season.

(02-21-2020, 06:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: Kristian Fulton in 2018:

He's really good.  I wouldn't mind moving back a little bit from 20, to around 27 or so, gain some more capital and select him there.

(02-22-2020, 06:53 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 02:01 PM)enigma Wrote: I'm not wasting the #9 pick on a CB who isn't named Okudah, especially if a player like Simmons or D. Brown is available - and who I consider actual top tier players unlike Fulton.

Who said anything about taking him at 9?  Secondly, who says All Pro players cannot be found outside of the top 10?  They can and I'm suggesting he shouldn't be taken in the top 25 but can still be an all pro.  A great example is a guy taken from the same school at 27 three years ago.  Tre' White, who was arguably the best CB in the league this season.

He's really good.  I wouldn't mind moving back a little bit from 20, to around 27 or so, gain some more capital and select him there.

Fulton won't be available past 15

(02-22-2020, 06:53 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 02:01 PM)enigma Wrote: I'm not wasting the #9 pick on a CB who isn't named Okudah, especially if a player like Simmons or D. Brown is available - and who I consider actual top tier players unlike Fulton.

Let me put it to you in simpler terms so my point becomes even more obvious then.

If a player is coming into the draft as an ALL-PRO type player and perceived as such, he isn't going to drop past #10 for the most part (if not even higher).

To your other point of those type of players being found later in the draft, those players were not perceived as that immediate impact playmaking all pro. Also, I don't disagree with that point - its just that those players came into the draft with lower talent expectations. Plus, players can grow and develop into better players like White did for the Bills but that doesn't change the fact that his draft profile was lower than other prospects like Marshon Lattimore, Marlon Humphrey, etc etc(rightfully or wrongfully so).

So to weave this with my initial point of contending with the OP's placement of Fulton in the top tier category, I just don't think he's in that top tier.

(02-21-2020, 02:01 PM)enigma Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 12:26 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: Not really.  He had a strong Jr year and he played good most of this year.  The NC game he was off and on.  I think he can be an all pro.  I wouldn't take him in the top 10, but I'd certainly take him from 25 -32 and into the early 2nd.  I look at the entire body of work and it's really good.

I don't mind if anyone has different thoughts on Fulton. But that logic doesn't ever hold up when it comes to the draft, highly talented players don't always go top 10 for a variety of reasons that don't always make sense (see Derwin for example).

I remember folks in here tried say Watson wasn't a franchise QB because if he was he'd have been a lock for the top 5

(02-22-2020, 09:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:

I don't mind if anyone has different thoughts on Fulton. But that logic doesn't ever hold up when it comes to the draft, highly talented players don't always go top 10 for a variety of reasons that don't always make sense (see Derwin for example).

I remember folks in here tried say Watson wasn't a franchise QB because if he was he'd have been a lock for the top 5

Yep, it all boils down to where you value a prospect with regards to talent, impact, intangibles, etc.

And I just don't believe he is one of those top tier corners let alone a top tier defensive prospect. Simple as that and we can all happily agree to disagree.

Banana

(02-22-2020, 07:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Fulton won't be available past 15

If that's the case, I am thankful to whoever overpaid for him and allowed more talent to shuffle down the darft board.

(02-24-2020, 12:08 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 07:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Fulton won't be available past 15

If that's the case, I am thankful to whoever overpaid for him and allowed more talent to shuffle down the darft board.

What makes him bad value at #14 but good value at #18

(02-19-2020, 04:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: Made up a tier board to try illustrate what I think of the depth of class this year. Only included players I feel I've watched enough of and feel should be taken in the first 4 rounds or so, more names will be added as the weeks go on, combine may also change some tiers but tier 1 should stay the same. 

Tier 1 - potential all pros 
Tier 2 - above average starters
Tier 3 - solid starters 

[Image: 6KRgvpx.png]

This is solid. At this time I would like to see them land Andrew Thomas at LT. Maybe land one of those TIER 1 or TIER 2 WR's to compliment Chark. I think they can get good value in the later rounds. TIER 3 guys you have listed like Benito Jones and Leki Fotu should be there in RD2 / RD3 potentially. They could probably land a decent CB or TE in RD2 / RD3 as well. 

Good list though man. Once the combine starts up it'll get interesting with risers and slippers. 

But I would be content with 

Andrew Thomas RD1
Tee Higgins RD1
Bryce Hall RD2
Leki Fotu RD3

Tempted to put Bryant at TE there in RD3 over Fotu though. Tempted. But I liked what I saw out of Fotu at Utah in some of those games last year. Has a good anchor. Can create some space.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-19-2020, 04:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: Made up a tier board to try illustrate what I think of the depth of class this year. Only included players I feel I've watched enough of and feel should be taken in the first 4 rounds or so, more names will be added as the weeks go on, combine may also change some tiers but tier 1 should stay the same. 

Tier 1 - potential all pros 
Tier 2 - above average starters
Tier 3 - solid starters 

[Image: 6KRgvpx.png]

From what I’ve seen of him, Jalen Reagor reminds me of Marqise Lee in college. It’ll be interesting to see if he develops into the player Lee was supposed to be.

I like CeeDee over Jeudy