Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Yeah, your doctor is a real stand up guy. You guys are such clowns.

In a series of viral tweets, Gu was accused of sexual assault by a former partner and of using a fake Twitter account under the name of Mary Laury to harass her and others.[28][29][30][31]

Gu and his wife divorced in October 2015.[32][33] His wife requested a one-month restraining order against him which was granted in February 2015, based on four allegations of domestic violence dating back to 2013, the last of which involved the police being called and Gu being arrested in February 2015.[32] His ex-wife allowed the restraining order to lapse and the court records were eventually expunged. Responding to Gu's activism against his father, Donald Trump Jr. alleged Gu was a "wife beater." Gu denied all allegations of domestic violence.[32]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 12:13 AM by americus 2.0.)

(07-13-2020, 01:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 01:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I agree with what she said about the whole thing being media driven to incite fear, though she pointed to only liberal media and I point the finger at them all. I do not think the media gives a rats rear end about the health and welfare of the people in this country. They care about ratings and money. Period. 

As for the rest of her rant, I'm not a conspiracy theorist so I can't say if she was on to something. I just know what I see and hear and the virus itself is very real and no one should take it lightly. It has also singlehandedly destroyed our economy, added trillions of dollars to our national debt, and jeopardized people's livelihoods, the effects we have yet to truly understand.

"...the whole thing being media driven to incite fear..."

"...the virus itself is very real and no one should take it lightly.  It has also singlehandedly destroyed our economy, added trillions of dollars to our national debt, and jeopardized people's livelihoods, the effects we have yet to truly understand."

I'm having trouble reconciling those two statements.  I would fear anything that can singlehandedly destroy our economy, add trillions to the national debt, and jeopardize people's livelihoods.

There is a big difference between media (and politicians) giving people solid and factual information and inciting fear with their bated breath announcements of The Next Terrible Thing.

An informed person makes decisions, a fearful person reacts. Big difference.

https://twitter.com/Fox35Amy/status/1282...40610?s=20
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-14-2020, 12:13 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 01:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: "...the whole thing being media driven to incite fear..."

"...the virus itself is very real and no one should take it lightly.  It has also singlehandedly destroyed our economy, added trillions of dollars to our national debt, and jeopardized people's livelihoods, the effects we have yet to truly understand."

I'm having trouble reconciling those two statements.  I would fear anything that can singlehandedly destroy our economy, add trillions to the national debt, and jeopardize people's livelihoods.

There is a big difference between media (and politicians) giving people solid and factual information and inciting fear with their bated breath announcements of The Next Terrible Thing.

+1

And the media is going out of it’s way to make sure no one is informed.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-14-2020, 01:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Fox35Amy/status/1282...40610?s=20

Darn decimal points. Always jumping around!

(07-14-2020, 01:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Fox35Amy/status/1282...40610?s=20

But even if labs don't report negative results the number of people tested overall minus the number of positive cases would yield the number for negative cases, so they're also not reporting how many people being tested overall. 

People need to get their [BLEEP] together. Are they reporting false information to get more money? Because some politician told them to make it look worse than it is? 

I am so sick of it all and we will never be free of this. In the same way 9/11 forever changed how we conduct our lives (TSA, Patriot Act, etc.) C-19 has done the same, only now it's shutting down whole states (CA is in lockdown again), causing unnecessary unemployment around the country, causing deep division over mask vs no mask, and so on. This country was not the same after 9/11 and we won't go back to pre-Covid times either.

(07-14-2020, 01:49 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 12:13 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There is a big difference between media (and politicians) giving people solid and factual information and inciting fear with their bated breath announcements of The Next Terrible Thing.

+1

In their defense, it's hard to report correct information when you aren't being given correct information to report. So much for our vaunted "experts."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-13-2020, 10:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yeah, your doctor is a real stand up guy. You guys are such clowns.

In a series of viral tweets, Gu was accused of sexual assault by a former partner and of using a fake Twitter account under the name of Mary Laury to harass her and others.[28][29][30][31]

Gu and his wife divorced in October 2015.[32][33] His wife requested a one-month restraining order against him which was granted in February 2015, based on four allegations of domestic violence dating back to 2013, the last of which involved the police being called and Gu being arrested in February 2015.[32] His ex-wife allowed the restraining order to lapse and the court records were eventually expunged. Responding to Gu's activism against his father, Donald Trump Jr. alleged Gu was a "wife beater." Gu denied all allegations of domestic violence.[32]

Yeah, I also read that he was recorded bragging that a celebrity like himself "can do anything" to women, including "just start kissing them ... I don't even wait" and "grab 'em by the [BLEEP]".

As you said, a real stand up guy.

And you winder why nobody takes this serious......

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35...19-results

(07-14-2020, 07:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: And you winder why nobody takes this serious......

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35...19-results

It is worse than just reported there. The hospital said they reported the numbers correctly, so either FHD messed up or worse case is fraudulently changing the numbers to make FL look worse. They also don't report duplicate tests, so someone in the hospital being tested every day while they wait to be cleared to leave will count as multiple failures.

There are many labs in the report showing 100% positive testing with 100s of tests being done. It wasn't even that high when they only did testing after they knew you had it. Something is wrong with the data and you cannot make accurate dedecisions if you have bad or fraudulent data.

So it's not that they are declaring negative tests to be positive, they just haven't been reporting negative tests?

Not really that big a deal apart from distorting testing rate and productivity percentage? The number of cases is unchanged.

(07-14-2020, 08:43 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So it's not that they are declaring negative tests to be positive, they just haven't been reporting negative tests?

Not really that big a deal apart from distorting testing rate and productivity percentage? The number of cases is unchanged.

There are also reports of people being marked as testing positive when you call to schedule a test. Then counting again if you show up for the appointment. Then a 3rd time if you actually test positive. No sure how true those are, but there definitely have been reports where people schedule a test and then don't show up but still get marked and receive notification that they are positive without a test.

The numbers do include people that get tested multiple times even if they have already tested positive.

At the end of the day, yes it doesn't matter, but the media doesn't treat it like that. They are looking for anything to say Trump and Republicans are causing it. So when you have bad or fraudulent data, it is either gross incompetence from government workers (which could be true) or fraud to try to spin to hurt Trump.

No offence but that sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Do we know how many people get tested multiple times positively? That at least sounds more feasible.

Just hope the next pandemic comes in a post-election cycle, then we actually stand a chance of receiving legit information.

(07-14-2020, 02:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 01:49 PM)copycat Wrote: +1

In their defense, it's hard to report correct information when you aren't being given correct information to report. So much for our vaunted "experts."

At this point, there isn't a single medical or government source I trust to provide factually accurate information, nor is there any news network I trust to report said information without political bias, or an attempt to distort or spin.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 09:26 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-14-2020, 09:22 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 02:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: In their defense, it's hard to report correct information when you aren't being given correct information to report. So much for our vaunted "experts."

At this point, there isn't a single medical or government source I trust to provide factually accurate information, nor is there any news network I trust to report said information without political bias, or an attempt to distort or spin.

So where does that leave us? I was once asked how I got my information when posting something similar to you. Good old fashioned gut instincts and common sense are all we have to guide us in these crazy times.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 09:28 PM by mikesez.)

(07-14-2020, 09:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just hope the next pandemic comes in a post-election cycle, then we actually stand a chance of receiving legit information.

The CDC is apolitical.
It's the governors and the president misunderstanding what the CDC says, and the rest of us thinking were smarter than all three.
Unfortunately, the CDC hasn't been good about dividing messages intended for doctors, from messages intended for hospitals and other health workers, from messages intended for the general public.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-14-2020, 09:06 PM)lastonealive Wrote: No offence but that sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Do we know how many people get tested multiple times positively? That at least sounds more feasible.

I have a friend who tested positive, but then tested negative in 2 followups within the same week. I really don't know how accurate/sensitive these tests really are at this point. I have heard numbers as low as 60%. Thats not good enough IMO.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(07-14-2020, 09:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 09:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just hope the next pandemic comes in a post-election cycle, then we actually stand a chance of receiving legit information.

The CDC is supposed to be apolitical.
It's the governors and the president misunderstanding misrepresenting for political reasons what the CDC says , and the rest of us not worried about re-election thinking were smarter than all three.
Unfortunately, the CDC hasn't been good about dividing messages intended for doctors, from messages intended for hospitals and other health workers, from messages intended for the general public, possibly proving that medical expertise and common sense are not necessarily synonymous and the general public really is just as smart.

Took the liberty of fixing a couple of your typos.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-14-2020, 08:43 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So it's not that they are declaring negative tests to be positive, they just haven't been reporting negative tests?

This week's Alarmist Statisic is Positivity Rate. Florida is up from a consistent ~10% rate the last 3 months to 14 to 18% depending on the reporting source. Hence why we are reported to be a hotspot of the virus. Except that news report states that a significant number of false positives are intermingled and they arent reporting negative results which means what? That the Positivity Rate alarmism is so much fake news.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato