Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

77 NFL players tested positive. False positive.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-23-2020, 10:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 77 NFL players tested positive. False positive.
Either the lab wasn't testing all the samples or they were contaminated during testing. A false positive doesn't have a ton of effects unless your job isn't going to pay you. I bet they probably didn't test them all and just sent back positive to cash the check. Apparently the lab had to remove a bunch of positive test from NJ's count previously.

I would still consider the tests failures and make those players test negative 2 days in a row. They didn't have positive results for all the tests they were doing, so probably not a contamination issue because it's a lot of tests but somehow didn't effect more.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Slow the spread. 15 days to flatten the curve.

(08-24-2020, 11:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Slow the spread. 15 days to flatten the curve.

Make sure you wear your mask when you are home alone on that Zoom video conference.  We don't want the China virus to spread through the interwebs.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

After almost a 2 month stay at the hospital, today is my first day home and I am grateful. 

I was in ICU for 4 weeks with pneumonia. I lost another 15 pounds plus the weight I lost before being admitted. I cannot eat any solids and was only able to eat soft foods just 2 weeks ago. I thought I just had a sore throat, but after doing a laryngoscopy I had scarring in my throat and on my lungs. 

Thank you to all for the well wishes and to the members on here who are sick in general, or who have love ones sick please know my prayers and support goes out to you.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(08-26-2020, 06:04 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: After almost a 2 month stay at the hospital, today is my first day home and I am grateful. 

I was in ICU for 4 weeks with pneumonia. I lost another 15 pounds plus the weight I lost before being admitted. I cannot eat any solids and was only able to eat soft foods just 2 weeks ago. I thought I just had a sore throat, but after doing a laryngoscopy I had scarring in my throat and on my lungs. 

Thank you to all for the well wishes and to the members on here who are sick in general, or who have love ones sick please know my prayers and support goes out to you.

I’m glad to hear you’re on the mend! Banana
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Glad u pulled through.

Welcome back, JFC. No more bed pans.

Welcome back! Glad you're ok.

(08-26-2020, 06:04 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: After almost a 2 month stay at the hospital, today is my first day home and I am grateful. 

Good news!  Welcome home and glad you are on the mend.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

94% of COVID-19 deaths had at least one additional cause.....

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020, 08:16 AM by Jagwired.)

(08-31-2020, 08:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 94% of COVID-19 deaths had at least one additional cause.....
One of them was a motorcycle accident.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020, 06:07 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Pelosi got her hair did today. She got a blowout like Pauly D.

Do as I say, not as I do Sheep!

COVID-19 death toll just hit 200 million. Hunker down people and stay safe.

(09-21-2020, 08:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: COVID-19 death toll just hit 200 million. Hunker down people and stay safe.
200 million Americans dead, but only 6 million caught ....... seems to match the CDC logic of every death counting. I guess Biden's team is tabulating the numbers for the CDC

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-21-2020, 08:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: COVID-19 death toll just hit 200 million. Hunker down people and stay safe.

A county health department here in NC admitted last week to telling hundreds of people they tested positive for Covid when in fact they tested negative. I'm 100% sure they're not the only ones. 

I do not trust the government, their tests, death rates, or their theories based on what their scientists tell them regarding test results, how accurate the tests actually are, or any vaccine. This whole thing has been a cluster from the very beginning and every level of government has handled it badly from governors all the way to the White House with the media throwing fuel on the fire at every turn. 

Sadly this cannot be handed off to a private entity because it's been politicized to the point of stupidity, and private entities can be bought the same as the government.

Not a lot of social distancing going on in Kentucky tonight. Are domestic terrorist still immune to the virus?

Just thought I'd give a quick update to how the UK are so spectacularly screwing this up.

So we started reopening in June/July, government introduced a scheme 'Eat Out to Help Out' where Mon-Wed, every week in August you could get 50% off if you ate in a restaurant. Did really well, loads of people out. Schools reopened September and people being told to stop working from home from October.

But now our cases are exploding and the government has said it's the public's fault for going out too much. Schools are sending how year groups home due to positive tests.

The government announced that to stop this rise they will make pubs and restaurants have a curfew of closing at 10pm...instead of 11pm. Also we arent allowed to be with more than 6 people. People have been told to call the police on any groups of more than six (seriously). You can go to school, work or shopping but cant go into anyone else's house.

We are looking at a full 2nd lockdown now. And people arent happy.

(09-21-2020, 12:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

A county health department here in NC admitted last week to telling hundreds of people they tested positive for Covid when in fact they tested negative. I'm 100% sure they're not the only ones. 

Who knows anymore?

My wife’s a nurse, so we’re exposed all the time. We, including my two kids, all came down with a cough lasting about a month, but multiple tests said we didn’t have it. The nurses get tested often when they’re exposed and show symptoms, but they rarely come back testing positive despite not using PPE like they should.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 07:40 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-23-2020, 10:55 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Just thought I'd give a quick update to how the UK are so spectacularly screwing this up.

So we started reopening in June/July, government introduced a scheme 'Eat Out to Help Out' where Mon-Wed, every week in August you could get 50% off if you ate in a restaurant. Did really well, loads of people out. Schools reopened September and people being told to stop working from home from October.

But now our cases are exploding and the government has said it's the public's fault for going out too much. Schools are sending how year groups home due to positive tests.

The government announced that to stop this rise they will make pubs and restaurants have a curfew of closing at 10pm...instead of 11pm. Also we arent allowed to be with more than 6 people. People have been told to call the police on any groups of more than six (seriously). You can go to school, work or shopping but cant go into anyone else's house.

We are looking at a full 2nd lockdown now. And people arent happy.

How many people are actually dying though? Are the young and strong dying? Or just the old and weak? Isolate them. Not the young who NEED to build an immunity to this thing.

Lockdowns do nothing because this virus is with us forever. Eventually it will be considered just like the flu. Eventually we will build up an immunity because it doesn't mutate. Eventually. But not if we keep trying to hide from it.