Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Nope, and even the CDC recommendations are nonsensical.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't even know what the guidelines or recommendations are anymore.

Tell us, FSG... and give a quick rundown on why it makes sense and is less likely to transmit the disease than a worker under 50 who has already had it and is unvaccinated. I want to learn the ways of the wise.

(06-24-2022, 12:31 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Tell us, FSG... and give a quick rundown on why it makes sense and is less likely to transmit the disease than a worker under 50 who has already had it and is unvaccinated. I want to learn the ways of the wise.

I get your snark, you're still sore over the other thing, but could you clarify the question?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

My 82 year old father tested positive last Friday. Has had a fever, sore throat and some coughing. Basically the flu. He’s already much better and his test today was negative.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-24-2022, 11:40 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My 82 year old father tested positive last Friday. Has had a fever, sore throat and some coughing. Basically the flu. He’s already much better and his test today was negative.

Glad he's doing better!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-24-2022, 07:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 12:31 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Tell us, FSG... and give a quick rundown on why it makes sense and is less likely to transmit the disease than a worker under 50 who has already had it and is unvaccinated. I want to learn the ways of the wise.

I get your snark, you're still sore over the other thing, but could you clarify the question?

I'm not sore. I'm just naturally a smartass. I was asking you to tell Americus the current recommendations the CDC recommends for hospital personnel that get Covid. I could just look it up, but I figured you would know it offhand.

(06-24-2022, 01:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 07:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I get your snark, you're still sore over the other thing, but could you clarify the question?

I'm not sore. I'm just naturally a smartass. I was asking you to tell Americus the current recommendations the CDC recommends for hospital personnel that get Covid. I could just look it up, but I figured you would know it offhand.

No, I'd have to look too. Our policy is still that it's required and it's part of onboarding for new employees but I'm not up on the current guidance.

(06-24-2022, 11:40 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My 82 year old father tested positive last Friday. Has had a fever, sore throat and some coughing. Basically the flu. He’s already much better and his test today was negative.

That’s good to hear. I remember you had him in lockdown when the virus was more severe and before the vaccine.

(06-24-2022, 02:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That’s good to hear. I remember you had him in lockdown when the virus was more severe and before the vaccine.

Yes I did! The man’s had a quad bypass, two mini strokes, a pacemaker and he’s at 24 stents now. I’ve worked hard keeping him around! Lol

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 08:34 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(06-24-2022, 06:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 02:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That’s good to hear. I remember you had him in lockdown when the virus was more severe and before the vaccine.

Yes I did! The man’s had a quad bypass, two mini strokes, a pacemaker and he’s at 24 stents now. I’ve worked hard keeping him around! Lol

If morbid humor is allowed…. You either love you dad a lot or you’re not expecting much of an inheritance.  

Doesn’t matter.  I’m glad to hear he’s doing well and that you’re a great daughter.  Hopefully he’ll kick the [BLEEP] out of the other things that attempt to get him as well.  Seems like a tough mother [BLEEP]!!!  Good on him.

(06-24-2022, 08:32 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 06:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Yes I did! The man’s had a quad bypass, two mini strokes, a pacemaker and he’s at 24 stents now. I’ve worked hard keeping him around! Lol

If morbid humor is allowed…. You either love you dad a lot or you’re not expecting much of an inheritance.  

Doesn’t matter.  I’m glad to hear he’s doing well and that you’re a great daughter.  Hopefully he’ll kick the [BLEEP] out of the other things that attempt to get him as well.  Seems like a tough mother [BLEEP]!!!  Good on him.

[Image: 9-ECDCC06-3-F01-4-BEF-8-FF6-4232-E6622-BFF.jpg]

(06-24-2022, 09:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 08:32 PM)Jags Wrote: If morbid humor is allowed…. You either love you dad a lot or you’re not expecting much of an inheritance.  

[Image: 9-ECDCC06-3-F01-4-BEF-8-FF6-4232-E6622-BFF.jpg]
I was just kidding.  My dad is worth a decent amount whether he admits it or not.  But I get a morbid sense of humor from him and my mom.   He’ll spout some “joke” or some morbid comment that no one laughs at.  Of course we want him to stick around forever.  But when he says weird stuff like “wouldn’t it be cool to know the day you’ll die?”  Uh no dad, I really don’t wanna know that…. But hes lived a good life and a life that has shown him the good and bad in people and has seen death more than most consisting the line of work he was in.  He’s a character.  I’d make out whenever he is gone, but I don’t want that day to come.  The love, knowledge, expertise, wisdom and so much more is worth a million times whatever inheritance I will receive.

I read an article yesterday that said the new Omicron sub-variants, BA4 and BA5, are spreading like wildfire through everyone regardless of vaccine/booster status. Two studies from separate outfits confirm this. Moderna is working to make their vaccine viable against these aggressive sub-variants. If I can find the article I will post it. 

It's definitely getting people I know who haven't had Covid yet. My neighbor went to the ER today and found out she has Covid pneumonia and she's had her vaccines and boosters. She's 80 years old and has several health issues. I hope she gets out of this okay. She's a tough old bird. She survived a nasty bout of E Coli several months back. Surely she can beat this.

Link

This looks like the article I read yesterday.

(06-25-2022, 02:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I read an article yesterday that said the new Omicron sub-variants, BA4 and BA5, are spreading like wildfire through everyone regardless of vaccine/booster status. Two studies from separate outfits confirm this. Moderna is working to make their vaccine viable against these aggressive sub-variants. If I can find the article I will post it. 

It's definitely getting people I know who haven't had Covid yet. My neighbor went to the ER today and found out she has Covid pneumonia and she's had her vaccines and boosters. She's 80 years old and has several health issues. I hope she gets out of this okay. She's a tough old bird. She survived a nasty bout of E Coli several months back. Surely she can beat this.

Every indication so far is that BA4 and BA5 can kill, but they are not nearly as deadly as delta.  They are more like BA1.  There are also indications that vaccination is still preventing severe disease even if it's not preventing infection anymore. So that's a bit of good news to go with the bad news.
Still, folks need to stay home if they feel sick.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

It's been that way for a while, now. This version got me, though... I'll admit it.

Any parent that vaccinates their child does not deserve to have kids…

“Doctors are mystified by a rash of seizures, rashes, etc. happening to 2 and 3-year-old kids.

The only thing these kids have in common is that they were given the COVID vaccine just days earlier (two to five days earlier).

The doctors cannot figure out what is causing the seizures (since it couldn’t be the vaccine since those are safe and effective). The medical staff is not permitted to talk about the cases to the press or on social media or they will be fired.

One nurse posted something to the effect of “how is this legal????” I had to paraphrase to protect the poster.”

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/two-a...h-seizures
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-05-2022, 12:19 PM)Ronster Wrote: Any parent that vaccinates their child does not deserve to have kids…

“Doctors are mystified by a rash of seizures, rashes, etc. happening to 2 and 3-year-old kids.

The only thing these kids have in common is that they were given the COVID vaccine just days earlier (two to five days earlier).

The doctors cannot figure out what is causing the seizures (since it couldn’t be the vaccine since those are safe and effective). The medical staff is not permitted to talk about the cases to the press or on social media or they will be fired.

One nurse posted something to the effect of “how is this legal????” I had to paraphrase to protect the poster.”

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/two-a...h-seizures

Just curious, why did you leave out this from the very beginning?

"I'm getting multiple reports from my nurse friends about kids 2 and 3 years old having seizures. It is ONLY happening on vaccinated kids, and symptoms start 2 to 5 days after the COVID vaccine."

(06-25-2022, 02:40 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 02:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I read an article yesterday that said the new Omicron sub-variants, BA4 and BA5, are spreading like wildfire through everyone regardless of vaccine/booster status. Two studies from separate outfits confirm this. Moderna is working to make their vaccine viable against these aggressive sub-variants. If I can find the article I will post it. 

Every indication so far is that BA4 and BA5 can kill, but they are not nearly as deadly as delta.  They are more like BA1.  There are also indications that vaccination is still preventing severe disease even if it's not preventing infection anymore. So that's a bit of good news to go with the bad news.
Still, folks need to stay home if they feel sick.

Sadly vaccination and boosters aren't helping my neighbor. She is still in the hospital with Covid pneumonia and has come thisclose to being put on a vent several times. One of her lungs completely collapsed. The lastest news this morning is her lung is starting to come back and O2 is okay until she stands up or mildly exerts herself then it drops by quite a bit. 

Vaccines may help prevent serious problems but not always. She couldn't understand why it didn't work for her. My in-laws are surprised my MIL got it, though not seriously sick, because she is vaccinated and boosted. I don't know if it's that generation (75-85 years of age) who think vaccines are miracle workers but they're not. 

Folks need to make decisions based on what's right for them but they also need to know vaccines are not fail-safes and should take more precautions if they have health issues that can compromise them.