Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players have no respect anymore

So it appears this current generation of players have no respect for the Team that initially drafted them.  And believed in them enough to give them a chance in the NFL To prove themselves.  It seems to me from looking at a distance that they seem to let petty little squabbles get in the way of trying to make a right decision.

There are people out there that will say you have to make all the money you can when you can.  Well I say sometimes you still have to Give the team the put you in the position that you're in some respect.  The jaguars have had some real problems with this lately mainly with players drafted in the last few years and it seems to be becoming a trend It's not just with the jaguars it's with teams league wide what it seems.

I really don't know what's going to become of this situation in the long run 1 thing I do know is it is making it harder to be a fan of the team when the players that you become attached to Are constantly bickering and whining About the team and or how much money they're getting paid.

Just look around the league this is really becoming an issue it may seem that it's more focused on us but it's going on with all the teams to some extent.  I may be alone in my thinking That this is becoming a real problem for the league.

I would be interested to see how others feel about this And if I am just whacked you can just tell me that too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's all business imo.

The players have finally realized they have some sort of leverage because for years, they were at the mercy of the team.

All it takes is one career-altering injury while a player tries to "prove" themselves after doing so for multiple years. The longer you go without securing the long-term contract, the higher the odds of you getting affected by an injury that could derail your future finances.

I have no issue with Yannick doing what he is doing right now. The guy absolutely proved his play and effort - and our FO massively dropped the ball last offseason. As such, he basically took the bet on himself and decided this organization was not a fit in his future.

(03-02-2020, 11:30 PM)surfon Wrote: So it appears this current generation of players have no respect for the Team that initially drafted them.  And believed in them enough to give them a chance in the NFL To prove themselves.  It seems to me from looking at a distance that they seem to let petty little squabbles get in the way of trying to make a right decision.

There are people out there that will say you have to make all the money you can when you can.  Well I say sometimes you still have to Give the team the put you in the position that you're in some respect.  The jaguars have had some real problems with this lately mainly with players drafted in the last few years and it seems to be becoming a trend It's not just with the jaguars it's with teams league wide what it seems.

I really don't know what's going to become of this situation in the long run 1 thing I do know is it is making it harder to be a fan of the team when the players that you become attached to Are constantly bickering and whining About the team and or how much money they're getting paid.

Just look around the league this is really becoming an issue it may seem that it's more focused on us but it's going on with all the teams to some extent.  I may be alone in my thinking That this is becoming a real problem for the league.

I would be interested to see how others feel about this And if I am just whacked you can just tell me that too.

None of these teams/franchises really care about their players either, in the big picture of things... All of these franchises care about is getting as much money as possible. Point, blank, period.

Why should the players act/feel any different? They destroy their bodies for these franchises/teams, just to get thrown away like nothing.

I mean you don't have to look any farther than Tom Brady and the Patriots... All that hes done for that team/franchise and they aren't willing to give him his last pay day? We're talking about one of the GOATs... Somebody who played a major role in winning them MULTIPLE Championships... I don't think there's any more of a perfect example, or much more that needs to be said honestly.

The average life span of a NFL player is 3.3 years.. Take/get as much as you can NOW and don't look back. Sure as [BLEEP] don't put these BILLIONAIRE owner's priorities first, because they sure as hell aren't doing the same for their players.

Avg lifespan is a bad comparison. The core guys will have on avg i bet 6 to 10 yr careers. Anyone signing a second contract obviously isnt having a 3.3 yr career.

Tom Brady is a bad example also. Whats it been 20 yrs now. That honeymoon is over.

OrgNizations can vastly change now in a few years. Within the length of a contract. Good to grt players dont have the same issues as the lower tiered guys as a must get all the money now gibberish.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 12:59 PM by Caldrac.)

There's exceptions. And then there's excessive patterns. For every Tom Brady on offense and Ray Lewis on defense the NFL chews up and spits out athletes within three years on average. You want players to have loyalty. You want ownership to have loyalty to it's city. The reality is that the entire operation is a business. And therefore operates like a business. Look at what happened to Earl Thomas with Seattle. He wanted a long term deal. Didn't get it. Broke his leg mid season. Took a big hit due the team not backing him up.

It's a two way street.

How many teams have moved around in the NFL to more profitable locations? How many players have left their teams during free agency for more money? Or, in some cases, for an opportunity to be apart of a winning team? I can't fault ALL of the players in SOME of these cases. We don't know how bad this team has been managed in the front office. We don't no the full depth of it's dysfunction yet.

Other than Coughlin's mess coming to light. I have been asking myself since that news broke last year. For how long did Khan know of this issue going on? And would have he truly addressed it during the off season? I have my doubts. I feel like the public perception of this team and the NFLPA outright saying that players should stay away is a concern.

I don't blame Ngakoue for wanting out of here. You saw this front office give Myles Jack a contract that he under performed for in 2019. You saw Bortles get his extension. You saw a number of other players get deals or wheel on out of here. Meanwhile. He's been relatively a consistent professional. This front office failed in getting ahead of the market.

We all laughed at Jerry Jones for shelling out the big bucks on Lawrence, Smith and Elliott. And he's not forking anything over at the moment for Prescott. Yet, he got ahead of the market and you've got situations coming up like Ngakoue wanting more than Lawrence. And then you've got Henry's deal coming up with the tacks and you know he'll be looking to get paid.

I put these issues on piss poor management. Look no further than Khan. He [BLEEP] sucks as an owner in the NFL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-02-2020, 11:30 PM)surfon Wrote: So it appears this current generation of players have no respect for the Team that initially drafted them.  And believed in them enough to give them a chance in the NFL To prove themselves.  It seems to me from looking at a distance that they seem to let petty little squabbles get in the way of trying to make a right decision.

hahahahaha

Because the teams that drafted them truly and deeply care for their players. What a joke.

Elway and Eli Manning were so entitled they refused to be drafted a team

A strange take on the league/player relationship.

It's finally a two way street.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2020, 02:55 PM by surfon.)

(03-03-2020, 01:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

hahahahaha

Because the teams that drafted them truly and deeply care for their players. What a joke.

Wait I never said anything about truly and deeply caring.  Did i?

I see respect being mentioned.

(03-04-2020, 01:00 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

A strange take on the league/player relationship.

Well meaning in my life I do tend to carry a bit of respect for someone who believes in my abilities to carry out a task, amid all of those that might be doubters of said ability.

These guys bashing their teams in social media that did/are going to make them millionaires is frankly ridiculous also.

(03-04-2020, 02:52 PM)surfon Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 01:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: hahahahaha

Wait I never said anything about truly and deeply caring.  Did i?

I see respect being mentioned.

(03-04-2020, 01:00 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A strange take on the league/player relationship.

Well meaning in my life I do tend to carry a bit of respect for someone who believes in my abilities to carry out a task, amid all of those that might be doubters of said ability.

These guys bashing their teams in social media that did/are going to make them millionaires is frankly ridiculous also.
Fair enough.

I'll change it to "So these teams respect their players?" Because if they did, they would make every contract fully guaranteed.

These teams that draft players don't really respect their players. They use them to make more money and that's pretty much the end of it.