Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drinkin' Teal Kool-Aid

(03-20-2020, 04:51 AM)JaguarWC Wrote: I'll drink to that cool-aid!!  I love the draft picks we are amassing.  Oliver has tremendous upside. Had a lot of time last year to observe and then polish his skills!

Daggum you're gonna get dizzy with spin like that!   Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-20-2020, 04:51 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 04:48 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: I honestly feel that the FO is having a great off season. Nothing wrong with admitting your error, cutting your losses and being all the wiser because of it.

Not saying Calais was an error. He was arguably the best free agent signing in franchise history and I wish we hadn't traded him, but I can see the logic in the trade though.

All around, pretty good moves so far.

I see the Calais and Bouye trades as guys that were likely to be cut this off season or next and get something for them as opposed to nothing.

I didn't want to believe we were in full rebuild mode a few weeks ago and that Doug and Dave were on one season win now agendas.
I see now that Khan is likely to give them to the end of their contracts in a plan that was to dump as much veteran $ as possible, stockpile picks, get young and try to be competitive.

I believe we can be competitive... something in the range of a 7-8 win team with a lot of young guys to build around (Minshew, Chark, Allen, Oliver, 2020 draft picks)
With the ultimate goal being playoffs or bust in 2021.
I imagine thinking 7-8 wins is possible is probably drinkin the teal aid a bit?
And really, with a solid draft this team will be night and day different from last years squad. 6 wins to 8 wins while getting younger and clearing cap isn't terrible albeit, very slow progress.

I'm gonna need to see a premier CB and a very good NT/DT drafted followed by adding real competition for at least four other spots before I start mixing up the teal-aid.

I don't hate how Dave and company have begun this roster facelift, but there is SO much work left to be done.

I anxiously await more excuses to be optimistic.

(03-20-2020, 10:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm gonna need to see a premier CB and a very good NT/DT drafted followed by adding real competition for at least four other spots before I start mixing up the teal-aid.

I don't hate how Dave and company have begun this roster facelift, but there is SO much work left to be done.

That's fair.

But I mean... outside of just completely whiffing on this draft, what you describe should be possible, if not probable.

I suppose Caldwell could take
Simmons
then reach for a G like Kindley at 20
then take RB at top of round 2...

I mean... I'm really thinking hard of how to screw this draft up lol

(03-20-2020, 10:42 AM)Kane Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm gonna need to see a premier CB and a very good NT/DT drafted followed by adding real competition for at least four other spots before I start mixing up the teal-aid.

That's fair.

But I mean... outside of just completely whiffing on this draft, what you describe should be possible, if not probable.

Simmons

Given the number of picks that might be packaged to move up (and the ability to trade down) it would be a fail not to come away with some real quality talent. 

Ideally we see 2 immediate impact guys and a couple of (at least) marginal upgrades elsewhere, even if they take a minute to acclimate to the league. 
(not to mention better depth/development guys at several spots)

Now that Coughlin's gone, there's a quickness in Dave's step and a twinkle in his eye as he clears the locker room of cap issues and malcontents. He was on the way with this team and got a little lucky in 2017 but TC killed the momentum and stunted the progress.

Now he's back acquiring second tier talent on team-friendly contracts and has built an arsenal of draft picks to maneuver with (to be complemented with the eventual haul for Yannick Ngakoue). Cap space next year should be ample enough to sign a top FA (or two?... or more serviceable 2nd tier guys) and these two drafts should yield a couple of stars, a few solid starters and several contributors.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Been tarrying long at the Teal Kool-aid barrell...since the bars are all closed and all. Feeling really good about the upcoming season. We have more than enough draft picks...an "embarrassment of riches" if you will.

Despite having jettisoned some of the most talented players in Jaguars history over the last year, this team has always been resilient in making a comeback and staying a competitive team *belch*

Dave Cauldwell has always been spot on with his draft selections, and there's no doubt that he will use this draft and its multiple selections to fill this roster will multiple pro bowlers. *buuuuuurp* It's no secret that the Jaguars Franchise has a reputation for developing their players into pro bowl talent and maximizing the potential for each player. And, players obviously love playing for a franchise like the Jaguars, with unique talents such as Doug Marrone and Todd Wash.

This season, Garner Minshew will surpass his success of last year, by embracing the power of the pony tail. The stache was a secret to his success last year. But the pony tail will launch him to a new level. By week 3, the whole stadium will be issued pony tail clip-ons to wear in support of the team. Teal colored to be exact.

Koolaid for everyone!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 11:13 AM by homebiscuit.)

I just read that with Foles gone, there is no player on the roster now in their 30s. Planning for the future.

Minshew has a ponytail now?

(03-20-2020, 11:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just read that with Foles gone, there is no player on the roster now in their 30s. Planning for the future.

Minshew has a ponytail now?

No, not yet. But my insight from drinking the koolaid says that more body hair grow equals more Minshew magic. And it's marketable...so...

Lets See Teal KoolAid you say:

Minshew won 6 games last year and they say but they were bad teams. ok ill buy that. So lets say he still wins 6 games this year against bad teams, but he improves enough to win 4 games against good teams. That would put us at 10-6 i would take that. No rookie QB was better the GM15 this year and i dont think any rookie QB from last year is better. I am looking forward to this season with GM15 the captain.

(03-20-2020, 10:42 AM)Kane Wrote:

That's fair.

Simmons

It would be hard to mess up pick 9, but after that it's not that hard to see it being screwed up. I could see something pretty bad like Epenesa at 20 and Prince Tega or Kmet in the 2nd.

(03-20-2020, 12:06 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:42 AM)Kane Wrote: That's fair.

Simmons

It would be hard to mess up pick 9, but after that it's not that hard to see it being screwed up. I could see something pretty bad like Epenesa at 20 and Prince Tega or Kmet in the 2nd.

This is the Kool-aid thread. You have to look on the bright side in here.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

if we are 7-10 next season that will be a success

(03-20-2020, 02:31 PM)MojoKing Wrote: if we are 7-10 next season that will be a success

That would be a weird season....
But yeah, winning the AFCS with a 7-9 record and losing in the WC round would be a success to me.

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...07427?s=20

Hays gonna OD on that sweet sweet kool-aid.

(03-20-2020, 05:10 PM)JagJohn Wrote: https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...07427?s=20

Hays gonna OD on that sweet sweet kool-aid.

That's something we haven't really talked about.  The Rams' first round pick.  Might be a good one.

(03-21-2020, 05:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That's something we haven't really talked about.  The Rams' first round pick.  Might be a good one.

20th this year and on paper they look substantially worse at this point.  If you could trade the 2021 pick for a guaranteed number right now, what's the over/under on what you would take...….12th?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2020, 09:15 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-21-2020, 08:16 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 05:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That's something we haven't really talked about.  The Rams' first round pick.  Might be a good one.

20th this year and on paper they look substantially worse at this point.  If you could trade the 2021 pick for a guaranteed number right now, what's the over/under on what you would take...….12th?

I'm pretty conservative and not much of a gambler, preferring a sure thing, so I would say 12th would be about right for me.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2020, 03:06 PM by ATLjag.)

Gulp...
With growing tiredness of having the fans throwing hurtful words upon them, the Jag's OLine arose at sunrise this morning and were spotted at Mickler's beach (Duval's is closed) doing suicides in the sand. Yes, in the off season meeting on their own accord for the betterment of themselves, team, and the fans. Some early shell hunters say that they heard a voice bellowing for the final suicide rep, like a coxswain to a champion rowing crew, "first one back goes on an RV leg with me next summer and the last one to finish eats my dirty jorts".

(03-21-2020, 08:16 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

I'd gamble it as there is a decent chance they end up in the top 10.  They jettisoned a lot of talent.  
SF/Sea will definitely be better than them and Arizona is building something nice on Offense.