Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drinkin' Teal Kool-Aid

I'm back at the Kool-aid. The Woods and Gunter signings clog up the middle and will let Schobert do his thing. Schobert's signing sends Jack out to WLB where he will excel.

Dennard and Melvin are good CB depth, maybe Dennard supplants Herndon. Pray for Okudah IMO.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Stir up some sweet, sugary, teal colored kool-aid -

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...21984?s=20

lol does he live in an apt on Baymeadows?

(04-09-2020, 01:36 PM)jaglyn Wrote: lol does he live in an apt on Baymeadows?

That's what it looks like. That or maybe the Enclave Apartments over on Atlantic and closer to San Pablo. It's actually right across from Queen's Harbor. That single car garage layout looks familiar. 

That could also be another player's apartment complex and garage too though. I know Julius Thomas lived over there when we signed him and I think his father still lives over there. It's not a bad area to live at. 

It's relatively close to the beach and not too far from downtown and the stadium.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-01-2020, 07:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Stir up some sweet, sugary, teal colored kool-aid -

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...21984?s=20

If that’s what you wanna call it... 

That being said, I dig it.  

Like others said, dude needs a proper pad.

So if we put the drink down and actually think about reality here....

The Jags could be heading to a disastrous season. Zero problems have been fixed this offseason and instead more holes were created. We lost Cambell, Bouye, and looks like we are losing Ngakoue. I sure as hell don't expect a rookie class to come and be the fix. They deserve time to develop. Offensive line is pathetic, no weapons other than Chark (Oliver maybe? who knows though), run defense is worse without Dareus and plugging in Schobert and Jack as the LB's we can't stop a nosebleed, Tre Hernon would line up as #1 CB (LOL), no safeties, etc.. Minshew was below average once teams figured him out, BUT he was just a rookie and obviously gets a pass. Just an observation, and hopefully he is able to take the next step in reading defenses. Overall, just a mess of a roster. Combine all this with the reality that we are in "rebuild mode" with a "win-now" FO and staff.. Oh boy this could get ugly.

2020 has been a pretty crap year in many ways outside football in the world so I guess a 0-2 win season would be expected to join it.

Hopefully we end up with 3 first round picks and take players who are actually good at football and not projects.

(04-09-2020, 08:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: So if we put the drink down and actually think about reality here....

The Jags could be heading to a disastrous season. Zero problems have been fixed this offseason and instead more holes were created. We lost Cambell, Bouye, and looks like we are losing Ngakoue. I sure as hell don't expect a rookie class to come and be the fix. They deserve time to develop. Offensive line is pathetic, no weapons other than Chark (Oliver maybe? who knows though), run defense is worse without Dareus and plugging in Schobert and Jack as the LB's we can't stop a nosebleed, Tre Hernon would line up as #1 CB (LOL), no safeties, etc.. Minshew was below average once teams figured him out, BUT he was just a rookie and obviously gets a pass. Just an observation, and hopefully he is able to take the next step in reading defenses. Overall, just a mess of a roster. Combine all this with the reality that we are in "rebuild mode" with a "win-now" FO and staff.. Oh boy this could get ugly.

2020 has been a pretty crap year in many ways outside football in the world so I guess a 0-2 win season would be expected to join it.

Based on the schedule right now and pre draft I still think this team is a 6 - 10 / 7 - 9 club. Even with guys like Campbell, Bouye & Ngakoue on the roster last year they were pretty pathetic on defense. They were in fact so pathetic on defense that they broke streaks and records set by the Buccaneers in the 80's as far as yards allowed per game on the ground, points allowed per game, etc. 

I think the goal will be to trade up in this year's draft. I can't see Caldwell dropping a pick in the bucket three times in the fourth round, two in the fifth round and two in the sixth round. I expect him to somehow workout a trade with a team towards the bottom of RD2 / early to mid RD3 range while forking over a combination of those picks. 

I think they'll try and workout a deal with Ngakoue. I hope it's not with the Giants. Not a fan of losing that 73rd overall pick in RD3 plus handing over Ngakoue only to move up 5 spots to draft who? Because Washington and Detroit could very well snatch up Chase Young, Jeffrey Okudah or Isaiah Simmons. You would have to hope one of those three guys is there for the taking. 

But to fork over a 3rd RD pick + Ngakoue to move up 5 spots seems extremely steep. It WOULD make sense if Caldwell decided to move back up, which he clearly can with the picks he has. I think if that's the case? I expect Isaiah Simmons or Jeffrey Okudah to end up as a Jaguar with the 4th overall pick. 

And I think they'll snag either Austin Jackson or Josh Jones at OT with that 20th pick. Look to move back up in RD2 / RD3 to add some depth at CB and OG. And then start eyeing the WR class later on if they feel Gruden is capable of getting more out of Westbrook, Lee & Conley through his system. Especially if the TE position is featured more.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 10:06 AM by Newton.)

I think the better strategy is to try to package Ngakoue and maybe a  4th for a pick at the end of the first round or the top half of the second round.

(04-10-2020, 10:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: So if we put the drink down and actually think about reality here....

Based on the schedule right now and pre draft I still think this team is a 6 - 10 / 7 - 9 club. Even with guys like Campbell, Bouye & Ngakoue on the roster last year they were pretty pathetic on defense. They were in fact so pathetic on defense that they broke streaks and records set by the Buccaneers in the 80's as far as yards allowed per game on the ground, points allowed per game, etc. 

I think the goal will be to trade up in this year's draft. I can't see Caldwell dropping a pick in the bucket three times in the fourth round, two in the fifth round and two in the sixth round. I expect him to somehow workout a trade with a team towards the bottom of RD2 / early to mid RD3 range while forking over a combination of those picks. 

I think they'll try and workout a deal with Ngakoue. I hope it's not with the Giants. Not a fan of losing that 73rd overall pick in RD3 plus handing over Ngakoue only to move up 5 spots to draft who? Because Washington and Detroit could very well snatch up Chase Young, Jeffrey Okudah or Isaiah Simmons. You would have to hope one of those three guys is there for the taking. 

But to fork over a 3rd RD pick + Ngakoue to move up 5 spots seems extremely steep. It WOULD make sense if Caldwell decided to move back up, which he clearly can with the picks he has. I think if that's the case? I expect Isaiah Simmons or Jeffrey Okudah to end up as a Jaguar with the 4th overall pick. 

And I think they'll snag either Austin Jackson or Josh Jones at OT with that 20th pick. Look to move back up in RD2 / RD3 to add some depth at CB and OG. And then start eyeing the WR class later on if they feel Gruden is capable of getting more out of Westbrook, Lee & Conley through his system. Especially if the TE position is featured more.

I see where you are coming from, but I respectfully disagree. Ngakoue, Bouye, and Campbell weren’t part of the problem IMO and kept last seasons defense from being an all time worst in the nfl. Also, like I said I personally keep my expectations for rookies low so I don’t expect them to truly help so I don’t share your optimism there. I don’t think Westbrook and Conley are very good either, just guys. 

I just hope the focus is on building this offensive line and getting weapons on offensive  for the draft. Give us some optimism and hopefully Minshew proves to be the franchise guy.

I see where you are coming from... And I respectfully agree.

Pretty much any team could do well next season if the cards fall their way. But the realistic odds for the jags point to a terrible season. I'm fine with that if it gives us something to build around though.

http://www.nflanalysis.net/jaguars-3-ear...w-in-2020/

Just came across this. Certainly put a Kool aid smile on my face.

I think we're a 7-9 team. it's hard to say exactly without seeing the schedule and how the travel is laid out as far as stretches on the road etc. but for all the talent we lost (Calais etc.) we replaced it with young guys with potential who are ascending. I think it's probably a lateral slide all things considered but I don't think we're at the point of being a .500 team or in playoff contention yet; and this is coming from me who's the eternal optimist.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I wish we had one more starting cornerback. I dont think the deffense is that far from being good. The offense has potential. The coolaid taste great mixed with some rum. I wish it was week 1 already. Win or lose. Im anticipating this season more than ever.

(04-30-2020, 03:46 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I wish we had one more starting cornerback. I dont think the deffense is that far from being good. The offense has potential. The coolaid taste great mixed with some rum. I wish it was week 1 already. Win or lose. Im  anticipating this season more than ever.

I am thinking this will be a fun season to watch, but agree unlikely we make the playoffs.

Glad we're fishing out the turd a poster threw in the kool aid pitcher.

Tbh, I put all my draft winnings (about $400) on the Jags to win at least 5 games this coming season. I'll win 800 if it comes in.

Fully prepared for the most depressing season in Jags history now. At least we'll have a shot at Trevor.

(04-30-2020, 09:36 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Tbh, I put all my draft winnings (about $400) on the Jags to win at least 5 games this coming season. I'll win 800 if it comes in.

Fully prepared for the most depressing season in Jags history now. At least we'll have a shot at Trevor.

What are you going to do with your $800?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-30-2020, 02:47 PM)JagJohn Wrote: http://www.nflanalysis.net/jaguars-3-ear...w-in-2020/

Just came across this. Certainly put a Kool aid smile on my face.

1st prediction, franchise QB status. I agree.
2nd prediction, 4200 yards 33 TDs and <12 INTs would be a stellar year for the young man. I mean... based on 2019, he would have been top 6 in yards and top 3 in TDs. Might be a stretch to give him those stats. I'd be happy with anything close to 4k and 30 TDs.
But with predicting stats like those no wonder they ended up so drunk on the kool aid by the last prediction.
Their 3rd prediction about making the playoffs is a bit too much kool aid, even for an optimist like myself. But I suppose if Minshew were to have 4k yards and 30 plus TDs and we miss the playoffs, that would mean the defense was atrocious....

Even still... nice to read something quite opposite from "Jags #1 overall pick"