Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL2K Series Coming Back 2021?

https://youtu.be/sZX2R1aW43w

Hope this rings true. Madden has been stale for years. NFL should allow more competition in this market. 

NFL2K5 is easily one of the best football games, if not, THE best football game ever made from top down. 

Tecmo Bowl and Blitz should be revived too. EA Sports be damned.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm surprised more people on here aren't excited for this...

EA's monopoly is finally over which will make them FINALLY improve Madden for once. It's all about competition and finally 2k can offer some up

(03-18-2020, 02:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'm surprised more people on here aren't excited for this...

EA's monopoly is finally over which will make them FINALLY improve Madden for once. It's all about competition and finally 2k can offer some up

This is cool news and all, but how this affects EA, and Madden specifically, is an unknown.  The agreement is to produce non-simulation games, which means the revival of the NFL2k series isn't in the cards at this point in time.  Having Blitz style games will be great, but people will still want their sim style football and 2k can't provide competition to Madden for that.

Maddens exclusive rights end in 2021, so 2k getting their foot in the door is a positive development.

I was excited when I first heard the news of NFL2k coming back. But then read up that they aren't allowed to make a simulation game (11 v 11). So it'll be more like an NFL Blitz / arcade kind of game.

They will be limited initially. But I think they will eventually be able to break that mold and create a simulation game of their own.

The problem with Madden and EA is that they've honestly moved away from Franchise mode and they've placed a higher emphasis on essentially making fantasy football a virtual reality by adding the Ultimate Team series and pushing for these card buyouts through micro transactions and tournaments for more exposure.

They've really let a lot of the fun things about Franchise mode go to the wayside. The mini camp drills were fun, the ability to relocate and have a plethora of logos, designs and color schemes to make your own team were all stripped down to boring options. The presentation and commentary has been extremely watered down.

This is what made the 2K5 game stand out more than anything. The music. The overall presentations. The draft process. The Crib feature. The game play. The half time shows. 2K Sports was well ahead of it's time 15 years ago. And EA took the easy and cowardly way out.

Now that the NFL has grown up a bit and they're beginning to see the benefits of streaming and social networking and gaming in general. They probably realize now that limiting themselves to one company is not a good business practice when you have plenty of other game developers clamoring for access to their product and namesake to make even more products for the NFL to benefit from.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!