Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hopkins traded to Arizona

(03-16-2020, 02:20 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 02:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yes. They placed the transitional tag on him today. 

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/cardina...nyan-drake

Thanks

Thats a nice looking O. Think they are going proper college O style, aim for 50pts a game. NFC West will be brutal next year.

Your D doesnt have to be that great if youve got an O that can score.

Kansas City has set the stage now with Mahomes and Reid's approach on offense. Get faster. Get more points. No leads are safe. San Francisco couldn't keep up with them on offense. 

Hopefully Caldwell is taking some damn notes. Might want to consider Ruggs out of Alabama with that 9th overall pick now. And then maybe eye Austin Jackson at LT with that 20th pick instead or a different defensive player. 

I think we'll be better with Gruden calling the offense. Minshew should fit into his system just fine. But they need more speed and weapons on offense. Especially at TE as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 03:20 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Haha, sucks for Ramsey. He gets to see him 2 times a year again

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 02:46 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Unbelievable... when I first saw the news I was like "uhm ok, he is probably 30 or 31".... he is about to turn 28? lolololol wth? They pretty much traded him for a 2nd round pick!

(03-16-2020, 02:46 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Unbelievable... when I first saw the news I was like "uhm ok, he is probably 30 or 31".... he is about to turn 28? lolololol wth? They pretty much traded him for a 2nd round pick!

I commend the Cardinals. Now if they can just shore up that pass protection and get a little bit more stout on that front seven they might be onto something.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yes!!! Now our revamped secondary won't look so bad. Nice!!

This is one Hell-Of-A-Trade by the Cardinals. Hopkins is no longer in our division but Arizona just made an Block Buster trade.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-16-2020, 02:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Haha, sucks for Ramsey.  He gets to see him 2 times a year again
Except Ramsey has won numerous battles against Hop.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 04:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think we will see Watson decline this year without Hopkins

(03-16-2020, 03:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 02:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Haha, sucks for Ramsey.  He gets to see him 2 times a year again
Except Ramsey has won numerous battles against Hop.

Yes, he has also been burnt numerous times by Hopkins

Between Fitz & DHop, Murray may not have a dropped pass this season.

(03-16-2020, 04:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we will see Watson decline this year without Hopkins

(03-16-2020, 03:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Except Ramsey has won numerous battles against Hop.

Yes, he has also been burnt numerous times by Hopkins

This trade feels like the antithesis of the Bengals using the Franchise Tag on WR A.J. Green earlier today,  in order to make likely soon to be Bengals QB Joe Burrow feel more comfortable.  

Even with a very deep WR draft class factored in, it's almost impossible for a rookie WR to bring the route running and overall savvy that DeAndre Hopkins has.

BoB to Hop : So I'm here to have a talk with you about your career here... let's start by bringing up Aaron Hernandez for no good reason and then I'm going to mention 'baby mama drama' and see how this turns out.

*Breaking news, Nuke to AZ for broken RB and a 2nd rounder*

clots add old man Rivers... tinhorns got rid of their best offensive weapon and like top 3 WR in the league.... Jags unloading players left and right getting younger and cheaper it seems.
tacks doubling down on last years team by extending Tanny and tagging Henry....

Will be interesting to see how this draft plays out and which teams plan nets immediate success (I'm thinking the tacks probably should be favorites for the division)

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 01:21 PM by MikePete54.)

Quote:O'Brien thought Hopkins had too much influence over the Houston Texans' locker room.

"(O'Brien) started the meeting with telling DeAndre Hopkins this. ... He said: 'Hey, the last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernandez," said Michael Irvin.

Hopkins was confused and angered by the comparison and that the meeting "deteriorated" from there.

"Hopkins has a few kids from different women - (O'Brien) told DeAndre he doesn't like that he has his 'baby mamas' around sometimes, and from that, I think the relationship just went bad," Irvin added.

The Texans traded Hopkins to the Arizona Cardinals this week in what has been described as one of the most lopsided in NFL history.

Nice job Bob !

(03-18-2020, 01:00 PM)Kane Wrote: BoB to Hop : So I'm here to have a talk with you about your career here... let's start by bringing up Aaron Hernandez for no good reason and then I'm going to mention 'baby mama drama' and see how this turns out.

clots add old man Rivers... tinhorns got rid of their best offensive weapon and like top 3 WR in the league.... Jags unloading players left and right getting younger and cheaper it seems.

Will be interesting to see how this draft plays out and which teams plan nets immediate success (I'm thinking the tacks probably should be favorites for the division)

Philip Rivers seems like the x factor in the AFC South for the 2020 season.  So much depends on whether much better pass protection with the Colts than Rivers received with the LA Chargers will lead to substantial improvement for Rivers, compared to the 2019 season.  Or has the wear and tear / age caught up to Rivers?

(03-18-2020, 01:35 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 01:00 PM)Kane Wrote: BoB to Hop : So I'm here to have a talk with you about your career here... let's start by bringing up Aaron Hernandez for no good reason and then I'm going to mention 'baby mama drama' and see how this turns out.

Philip Rivers seems like the x factor in the AFC South for the 2020 season.  So much depends on whether much better pass protection with the Colts than Rivers received with the LA Chargers will lead to substantial improvement for Rivers, compared to the 2019 season.  Or has the wear and tear / age caught up to Rivers?

Yeah... he definitely went to a team with a better OL. But not sure he has the arm to hit those deep targets (Hilton, Campbell) on the regular.
I see them leaning on their D and run game a lot.
And I just don't think that is a sustainable winning formula in todays NFL.

Now they don't have a first round pick, so they are out of the rookie QB market (first tier guys anyway). They banked on Rivers being so much better than Jacoby that it vaults them into SB contention.
I don't see it.

(03-18-2020, 04:06 PM)Kane Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 01:35 PM)D6 Wrote: Philip Rivers seems like the x factor in the AFC South for the 2020 season.  So much depends on whether much better pass protection with the Colts than Rivers received with the LA Chargers will lead to substantial improvement for Rivers, compared to the 2019 season.  Or has the wear and tear / age caught up to Rivers?

Yeah... he definitely went to a team with a better OL. But not sure he has the arm to hit those deep targets (Hilton, Campbell) on the regular.

Now they don't have a first round pick, so they are out of the rookie QB market (first tier guys anyway). They banked on Rivers being so much better than Jacoby that it vaults them into SB contention.
I don't see it.

I think there's a good chance you will be proven correct.   

If the Colts still had Andrew Luck at the level he performed at in the 2018 season,  they would be somewhere in the top 3 in the AFC, along with Kansas City and Baltimore.  The Colts overall roster has improved immensely since Chris Ballard became their GM.  The QB position, which was their # 1 strength when Luck was on the field at a relatively healthy level,  is now their greatest question mark.   

The Colts are paying Philip Rivers to be one of best QBs in the NFL in 2020.  They have the salary cap flexibility to do so.  That doesn't change the fact that Rivers took a physical beating in 2019 and that he will turn 39 in December.  Even if Rivers is effective throwing vertically early in the 2020 season,  that doesn't mean that will be the case all season long.  They need their Offensive Line and other pass protectors to be able to answer the bell week after week.  With a strong running game on a consistent basis.  With their Defense not putting them in comeback mode.   There's not much margin of error with an already 38 year old QB with limited mobility.

(03-18-2020, 04:06 PM)Kane Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 01:35 PM)D6 Wrote: Philip Rivers seems like the x factor in the AFC South for the 2020 season.  So much depends on whether much better pass protection with the Colts than Rivers received with the LA Chargers will lead to substantial improvement for Rivers, compared to the 2019 season.  Or has the wear and tear / age caught up to Rivers?

I don't see it.

Didn't he put up like 50 on us last year?

I think Rivers has at least a year left.

My only question regarding his OL is Castonzo.  I am not a huge fan  of his and think he can be had (at least by Yann), but he is at least competent and experienced.  I question the receivers he would have in Indy, but until he retires, as a Jaguars fan remembering what he has done to us over the years, U am not about to question Rivers.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-18-2020, 05:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 04:06 PM)Kane Wrote: Yeah... he definitely went to a team with a better OL. But not sure he has the arm to hit those deep targets (Hilton, Campbell) on the regular.

I don't see it.

Didn't he put up like 50 on us last year?

My only question regarding his OL is Castonzo.  I am not a huge fan  of his and think he can be had (at least by Yann), but he is at least competent and experienced.  I question the receivers he would have in Indy, but until he retires, as a Jaguars fan remembering what he has done to us over the years, U am not about to question Rivers.

Meh... beating up the lowly Jags isn't saying much. Especially late in the year once guys started getting held out or put on IR due to injury.
But yeah, they put up 45 on us... Tyrod Taylor came in at the end and even scored on us in that game it was so bad.

I'm not saying Rivers is trash. But I remember seeing some bolts games last year where he chucked it up to no one but the other team and came off the field just looking beaten.
Of all the QBs available, of all the options in this draft, I don't think the clots are playing it right going all-in with Rivers and 2020. If I was their GM I would have stood pat with Jacoby, drafted a first round QB, and addressed some other needs via the draft. Stayed young and relatively cheap. Perhaps going big at free agency spending in 2021 with a 2nd year QB at the helm (Tua, Herbert, Love)
We'll see if it works for them... I mean if nothing else, the tinhorns have gotten worse, and we're going to be really young, so they have that going for them.

(03-19-2020, 10:05 AM)Kane Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 05:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Didn't he put up like 50 on us last year?

Meh... beating up the lowly Jags isn't saying much. Especially late in the year once guys started getting held out or put on IR due to injury.
But yeah, they put up 45 on us... Tyrod Taylor came in at the end and even scored on us in that game it was so bad.

I'm not saying Rivers is trash. But I remember seeing some bolts games last year where he chucked it up to no one but the other team and came off the field just looking beaten.
Of all the QBs available, of all the options in this draft, I don't think the clots are playing it right going all-in with Rivers and 2020. If I was their GM I would have stood pat with Jacoby, drafted a first round QB, and addressed some other needs via the draft. Stayed young and relatively cheap. Perhaps going big at free agency spending in 2021 with a 2nd year QB at the helm (Tua, Herbert, Love)
We'll see if it works for them... I mean if nothing else, the tinhorns have gotten worse, and we're going to be really young, so they have that going for them.

I won't go as far as saying Rivers is washed up...but he's certainly started down that road.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Man. You gotta look at Indy investing 25 Million in Rivers. They still got Brisset on the hook for 21 this year and then they have 6 mil in dead money for luck. That is 52 MILLION in the Cap locked up, just on the QB! That's not counting Brian Hoyer's 2 million in dead money when they launch him.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 04:38 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-16-2020, 04:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we will see Watson decline this year without Hopkins

Just think about how great he'll be with that 3-headed RB tandem (Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde, and David Johnson.  

I'm thinking they go hire Paul Johnson as the OC and go with the ole Georgia Tech triple option offense and start them all.

[Image: gt-orangebowlj.jpg]