Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Mania Lives...

(04-08-2020, 04:41 PM)NH3 Wrote: GM15 already has the base talent that he needs on offense. Take his play from last year and acquire better, much better defensive play w/respect to our run defense and we'll be competitive in every game that we play. An upgraded defense will be key to his success. No Doubt. Replenish the defense

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Pass protection is the key. Give Minshew the ability to develop without having to run for his life.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-09-2020, 07:10 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 04:41 PM)NH3 Wrote: GM15 already has the base talent that he needs on offense. Take his play from last year and acquire better, much better defensive play w/respect to our run defense and we'll be competitive in every game that we play. An upgraded defense will be key to his success. No Doubt. Replenish the defense

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Pass protection is the key. Give Minshew the ability to develop without having to run for his life.

That's all I've ever asked for not only Minshew, but every QB going back to Gabbert. What is it with this team and protection by the O line? It's almost become our defining team characteristic.

(04-09-2020, 07:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 07:10 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Pass protection is the key. Give Minshew the ability to develop without having to run for his life.

That's all I've ever asked for not only Minshew, but every QB going back to Gabbert. What is it with this team and protection by the O line? It's almost become our defining team characteristic.

I'd guess good OL play is 50% raw ability and 50% attitude. Boselli was great because he was a very talented player but he also had a mean streak. If you got to the QB through him, he'd take it personally. Maybe that's the quality that's missing, I dunno.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-09-2020, 10:35 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 07:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That's all I've ever asked for not only Minshew, but every QB going back to Gabbert. What is it with this team and protection by the O line? It's almost become our defining team characteristic.

I'd guess good OL play is 50% raw ability and 50% attitude. Boselli was great because he was a very talented player but he also had a mean streak. If you got to the QB through him, he'd take it personally. Maybe that's the quality that's missing, I dunno.

I think there’s truth in that. It seems that the great lineman get angry when you hit their QB. Maybe that’s just indicative of the attitude it takes to be great or maybe some of these guys would be a lot better if they corrected their attitude.

(04-09-2020, 07:10 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Pass protection is the key. Give Minshew the ability to develop without having to run for his life.

The great Patriots LT Matt Light described the O-line as "five fingers on a fist."  There's a cohesion necessary within the line, and when 2 or more players go down, it's harder for the players to remain on the same page.  Add in QBs or RBs that don't execute very well, and it makes the line look even worse than it is.  Great line play is like a QB and receiver running a timing play, except instead of 2 players, you're using between 5 and 8 guys.

To be fair, there have been times when the Jags line has fallen apart like none other in the league.  In one of the Garrard years, I think, only the center was left after game 3.  It happens to other teams too, but it seems to happen to us more often.

I thought we;d be all set when we took those bookend tackles in the '08(?) draft- Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton. Monroe was good but Britton disappointed big time. EB was thought to be a possible late 1st rounder and we thought it was a steal when we nabbed him in the second.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-09-2020, 07:10 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

The O-line didn't play as bad as some has suggested in my opinion. Yes, he was on the run alot but it was contributed to his style of play w/respect to extending plays. I've watched his college highlights and it's a carbon copy of what he did in 2019. W/that being said, when he's given time to set up, he's spot on to say the least. Both Caldwell and Marrone are content w/the existing O-line. I myself feel that we only need interior upgrades on the line. When we draft one in the 2020 NFL Draft, I anticipate that it'll be in the third round and beyond. As my opinion, our defense is more of a priority within the first two rounds. 

DT
CB
PR/DE

Caldwell  may  have other plans though.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-10-2020, 11:50 AM)NH3 Wrote:

The O-line didn't play as bad as some has suggested in my opinion. Yes, he was on the run alot but it was contributed to his style of play w/respect to extending plays. I've watched his college highlights and it's a carbon copy of what he did in 2019. W/that being said, when he's given time to set up, he's spot on to say the least. Both Caldwell and Marrone are content w/the existing O-line. I myself feel that we only need interior upgrades on the line. When we draft one in the 2020 NFL Draft, I anticipate that it'll be in the third round and beyond. As my opinion, our defense is more of a priority within the first two rounds. 

DT
CB
PR/DE

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

this^

In 2019 Cam Robinson was in his first season back from an ACL tear. It's very common to have a bad first year back, and still possible that he will be the LT we hoped for when he was drafted. Taylor was a rookie and should improve, although the Jags have a bad record of improvement on the OL. But if that's the case then drafting another OT just to see him ruined by Jags coaching isn't a solution. A better OL coach is needed too.

We do need to replace Cann, and possibly Norwell.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-10-2020, 12:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 11:50 AM)NH3 Wrote: The O-line didn't play as bad as some has suggested in my opinion. Yes, he was on the run alot but it was contributed to his style of play w/respect to extending plays. I've watched his college highlights and it's a carbon copy of what he did in 2019. W/that being said, when he's given time to set up, he's spot on to say the least. Both Caldwell and Marrone are content w/the existing O-line. I myself feel that we only need interior upgrades on the line. When we draft one in the 2020 NFL Draft, I anticipate that it'll be in the third round and beyond. As my opinion, our defense is more of a priority within the first two rounds. 

DT
CB
PR/DE

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

this^

In 2019 Cam Robinson was in his first season back from an ACL tear. It's very common to have a bad first year back, and still possible that he will be the LT we hoped for when he was drafted. Taylor was a rookie and should improve, although the Jags have a bad record of improvement on the OL. But if that's the case then drafting another OT just to see him ruined by Jags coaching isn't a solution. A better OL coach is needed too.

The problem is that Cam was terrible as a rookie too. Also don't forget the thread about Cam being awful in the second year preseason and that Cam's injury came after being crumpled twice by Flowers in the game's first few plays, the second time so bad that it seriously hurt Cam and Trey both.

(04-10-2020, 12:35 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 12:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: this^

The problem is that Cam was terrible as a rookie too. Also don't forget the thread about Cam being awful in the second year preseason and that Cam's injury came after being crumpled twice by Flowers in the game's first few plays, the second time so bad that it seriously hurt Cam and Trey both.

I don't remember him being terrible as a rookie. At least he was a significant upgrade over Beachum. 

I'll take your word for it on the 2018 preseason.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Offense early all the way. We need to score points. Get some fat guys in rounds 3-4 to plug the holes in sure fire rushing situations.

since gabbart and on the o-line has been the problem. Give gabbert protection he was ok. give BB5 protection he was better then ok. The only constant with the oline is having that bologna eating goofball in charge of the oline then the head coach. until we get rid of him we will not fix the oline.

Quote from combine" i think we are pretty good at o-line"

WR/OT/CB first three picks

(04-10-2020, 12:58 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 12:35 PM)Upper Wrote: The problem is that Cam was terrible as a rookie too. Also don't forget the thread about Cam being awful in the second year preseason and that Cam's injury came after being crumpled twice by Flowers in the game's first few plays, the second time so bad that it seriously hurt Cam and Trey both.

I don't remember him being terrible as a rookie. At least he was a significant upgrade over Beachum. 

I'll take your word for it on the 2018 preseason.

He led the league in pressures allowed and was like 4th in penalties. Real bad.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 04:10 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

It's simple. Too many hits early will ruin a QB's mentality, abilities, and ultimately their career. How many times have we seen this?

If our offensive line plays as poorly as they did last year, I'm almost certain that GMll will fail. WHat is it with this team and bad line play? seems like its always been an issue since i've been a fan (2010)

(03-19-2020, 07:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 07:29 AM)NH3 Wrote: In light of the trading of NF7, Gardner has just been handed the starting QB position to be challenged by any and all on-takers. It's HIS Job to lose. The writing was on the wall when the OC was released only after one season. Minshew will now have the confidence of showing up to camp as our starting QB, (unless they draft an QB within the first round) to which he can concentrate on getting even better.

It's now My time to purchase his jersey, w/o hesitation.

NH3...
Before you buy his jersey, can we get a listen of the previous jerseys you bought? We gotta make sure it’s not like Matt Jones, Mike Sims Walker and Gabbert....
That’s me man... Leftwich, Matt Jones, gabbert, and Ramsey. I’m done buying them.

Here's to hoping that we don't select an QB high in the2020 NFL draft. It's now of my opinion that GM15 is worthy of being given the chance to lead this team from day one. I've become a believer opposed to my original mind set at the beginning of the 2019 season. He has it, whatever it is.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-13-2020, 06:09 AM)NH3 Wrote: Here's to hoping that we don't select an QB high in the2020  NFL draft. It's now of my opinion that GM15 is worthy of being given the chance to lead this team from day one. I've become a believer opposed to my original mind set at the beginning of the 2019 season. He has it, whatever it is.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

BAP cannot be ignored if a good QB is available. Besides, if GM proves to be all that and a bag of chips, then drafting a QB high will provide the added bonus of depth.

My biggest concern is protection. They MUST ensure a sound line or Minshew will not have to the chance to prove his worth. In my shallow football knowledge opinion, that is the highest priority for the front office going into the season.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2020, 09:39 AM by Jagwired.)

https://twitter.com/GardnerMinshew5/stat...3881133056
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-13-2020, 07:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 06:09 AM)NH3 Wrote: Here's to hoping that we don't select an QB high in the2020  NFL draft. It's now of my opinion that GM15 is worthy of being given the chance to lead this team from day one. I've become a believer opposed to my original mind set at the beginning of the 2019 season. He has it, whatever it is.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

BAP cannot be ignored if a good QB is available. Besides, if GM proves to be all that and a bag of chips, then drafting a QB high will provide the added bonus of depth.

My biggest concern is protection. They MUST ensure a sound line or Minshew will not have to the chance to prove his worth. In my shallow football knowledge opinion, that is the highest priority for the front office going into the season.

I concur that BAP cannot be ignored BUT at which position(s)? The front office has tremendous projected confidence in GM15 so why would we select an QB early when we have needs at DT and CB, OL, etc. I'd be surprised if we selected an QB within the first three rounds.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"