Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Mania Lives...

(04-15-2020, 06:28 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 07:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: BAP cannot be ignored if a good QB is available. Besides, if GM proves to be all that and a bag of chips, then drafting a QB high will provide the added bonus of depth.

My biggest concern is protection. They MUST ensure a sound line or Minshew will not have to the chance to prove his worth. In my shallow football knowledge opinion, that is the highest priority for the front office going into the season.

I concur that BAP cannot be ignored BUT at which position(s)? The front office has tremendous projected confidence in GM15 so why would we select an QB early when we have needs at DT and CB, OL, etc. I'd be surprised if we selected an QB within the first three rounds.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

QB is a position which holds supreme priority if dealing with BAP, in my opinion. A high-caliber play caller falling in your lap warrants more consideration than any other position. 
Granted, I was speaking from the strictly hypothetical. Unless a highly unusual circumstance occurs that places a promising QB in our grasp, as you say, there are simply too many other needs on this team to even consider a quarterback selection. Plus, I'm a firm believer in the potential of Gardner Minshew.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-15-2020, 07:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 06:28 AM)NH3 Wrote: I concur that BAP cannot be ignored BUT at which position(s)? The front office has tremendous projected confidence in GM15 so why would we select an QB early when we have needs at DT and CB, OL, etc. I'd be surprised if we selected an QB within the first three rounds.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

QB is a position which holds supreme priority if dealing with BAP, in my opinion. A high-caliber play caller falling in your lap warrants more consideration than any other position. 
Granted, I was speaking from the strictly hypothetical. Unless a highly unusual circumstance occurs that places a promising QB in our grasp, as you say, there are simply too many other needs on this team to even consider a quarterback selection. Plus, I'm a firm believer in the potential of Gardner Minshew.

I agree with the above.  I never thought DC would pull the trigger on getting rid of NF so I want to give the kid a chance.  I also would rather fill holes and add weapons now, then see what happens by next offseason.  With the added players we can see what happens and either pick up a QB or go elsewhere in rd 1.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

GM15, in my opinion has shown and earned the opportunity to be our starting 2020 QB. If he falter, to which I doubt, we'll be in an good position to replace him in 2021. Not to dispell his existing backup of course. So I to agree w/homebiscuit. Nevertheless, Caldwell may think otherwise.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Well, it's official. GM15 will be offensively guiding our team for the 2020 NFL season and beyond. Hopefully. So far we haven't drafted competition other than whom's on our existing roster to challenge him. The front office has made an decision and they've honered it.

Minshew Mania remains Alive.

NH3...
"AZANE"

The UDFA guys we bring into camp will be interesting. Dobbs doesn't have anything locked up

(04-25-2020, 03:53 PM)NH3 Wrote: Well, it's official. GM15 will be offensively guiding our team for the 2020 NFL season and beyond. Hopefully. So far we haven't drafted competition other than whom's on our existing roster to challenge him. The front office has made an decision and they've honered it.

NH3...

Welp.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

If we have a season, this year, Minshew will show that he is THE GUY OR he's the guy that gets us to THE GUY.

(04-25-2020, 04:46 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: If we have a season, this year, Minshew will show that he is THE GUY OR he's the guy that gets us to THE GUY.

Well odds are he won’t be able to. Not with this offensive line. After this year new GM and new QB. We might never know.

yeah I wish we gave him more protection at least.

(04-25-2020, 05:26 PM)Newton Wrote: yeah I wish we gave him more protection at least.

You and anyone with a brain.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

He did enough last year to warrant the look, but the line is still awful so if he somehow performs we're in good shape for the future.

(04-25-2020, 05:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 05:26 PM)Newton Wrote: yeah I wish we gave him more protection at least.

You and anyone with a brain.

Naw man, you all wrong. Gata DB and Chasin' and DaVon gonna put us right back up in the top 10 of defenses! We sure to get at least 5 wins this year with that kinda talent!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-25-2020, 03:53 PM)NH3 Wrote: Well, it's official. GM15 will be offensively guiding our team for the 2020 NFL season and beyond. Hopefully. So far we haven't drafted competition other than whom's on our existing roster to challenge him. The front office has made an decision and they've honered it.

NH3...

Silver lining of the draft
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

The clock starts now. Minshew controls his own fate. 

Otherwise:

[Image: EWfFCVlXQAEGoWc?format=jpg&name=large]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Rams suck. Jags suck.

Lawerence and Sewell coming to Jacksonville.

By God guys we did it:

1- QB Trevor Lawrence (Clemson)
2- OT Alex Leatherwood (Alabama)
3- RB Chuba Hubbard (Oklahoma State)
3- DT LaBryan Ray (Alabama)

PFN has a 2021 Draft Sim lol
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

(04-25-2020, 07:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: The clock starts now. Minshew controls his own fate. 

Otherwise:

[Image: EWfFCVlXQAEGoWc?format=jpg&name=large]
As titled.

"Way Too Early"

NH3...
"AZANE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXXXE3LRuKI

Watching this video of Minshew's first four games gets me pumped up for this team's future. We have never had a rookie QB play like that. I think having more tight end contributors will help us use the middle of the field more, mitigating the effectiveness of the containment strategies teams utilized down the stretch.

(05-02-2020, 10:52 AM)Newton Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXXXE3LRuKI

Watching this video of Minshew's first four games gets me pumped up for this team's future. We have never had a rookie QB play like that. I think having more tight end contributors will help us use the middle of the field more, mitigating the effectiveness of the containment strategies teams utilized down the stretch.

Plus Shenault will have to be accounted for as well. I see a lot of gadget plays incoming
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I can't wait to see our new look offense especially Shenault along/w our new RB.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"