Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Team needs

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 11:00 AM by JackCity.)

(03-20-2020, 10:44 AM)Kane Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: DE is a massive need despite the Gunter signing. On pace to be a bottom 5 pass rushing team this year. Unfortunately it's a bad edge class and not many good players left in FA.

Eh... I think Yan is gonna be stuck here playing on the one year tag (If rumors about contract values and low/no trade talks are true) and then we're gonna probably let him walk next year. 
We'll have Yan and Allen for this year, Smoot, Gunter, Bryan and Brown/Kinlaw....
I'm not worried about the DL really.

Id be super surprised if he's a Jag after the draft let alone week 1. So I'm more so viewing in that context.

Allen and whatever Taven offers (not much) and rookies likely finishes bottom 5 in sacks/pressures but I'm holding out hope they make a trade for an edge or somehow sign Clowney

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-19-2020, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Dude we gotta put Safety up there somewhere. We got to.

I wouldn’t say TE is a top 3 need when we have Oliver who has the talent to be a top flight receiver.

Does he?  He has potential but Oliver hasnt proven anything.  There is a number of TEs i like in this years draft that I would take over Oliver last year.  I really hope we get one of Bryant, Kmet, and Okwuegbunam.  Jarrod Wilson has shown more than Oliver

Dude had 3 receptions for 15 yards last year.  What more do you want to see?

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 11:35 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-20-2020, 09:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 10:44 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
Why are you being such a jerk NYC? You're usually not like that.

I consider myself a BAP drafter, but it's not etched in stone. If the drop off in quality from BAP to a "need" player is large (think Roethlisberger vs. Reggie Williams) then you try to get a good trade value for the slot and player. If you can't get what you think is a fair trade you take the best player, need or not. But if the difference is marginal then go ahead and pick the position you need over the slightly higher rated "box safety."

Personally I consider box safeties a dime a dozen, but that's neither here nor there.
Sorry. 

Just trying to point out some blatant hypocrisy, but the poster has backpedaled miles from his original stance. 

I’ll let it go. 

We need: 

CB1 
NT
LT
RG
WR 
TE
FS
c.o.p. RB

you could re-order those a number of ways and it would still make sense and if Yan is traded or sits, add DE
I haven't backpedaled anything.  Your feelings get hurt alot of times when you get proven wrong and realize it. You get real defensive, your feelings get hurt, and you start whining. It's happened a number of times with you and other posters as well.   Just like when you look at the All 22 sometimes and you dont know what you're looking at. Some of the former players break it down for you to finally realize what you're looking at

(03-20-2020, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 10:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A few people have already said on here if we take Brown at 9 they dont want Kinlaw at 20 becausewe have bigger needs.  But I do because he will be BPA imo

Having "too many" good DTs is never a bad thing. They rotate more than any position and being creative with the pairings situationally is an asset. 

However, if there's a CB rated similarly to Kinlaw at #20, I'm taking him all day long after landing Brown early. 
Bigger need at a position you typically need to take early to hit. I'd give it precedence.
But it's not the biggest need.  I would still take him at 20 because he would be BPA.  Some GMs that go BPA would take Kinlaw but others would pass like some on this board because we have bigger needs.  Some GMs value need more than others vs BPA whether you want to believe it or not, that's what the Needs vs BPA arguement has always been about for the people that understand the arguement.  I just dont think you are one of them

(03-20-2020, 11:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 09:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sorry. 

Just trying to point out some blatant hypocrisy, but the poster has backpedaled miles from his original stance. 

I’ll let it go. 

We need: 

CB1 
NT
LT
RG
WR 
TE
FS
c.o.p. RB

you could re-order those a number of ways and it would still make sense and if Yan is traded or sits, add DE
I haven't backpedaled anything.  Your feelings get hurt alot of times when you get proven wrong and realize it.  You get real defensive, your feelings get hurt, and you start whining. It's happened a number of times with other posters as well.   Just like when you look at the All 22 sometimes and you dont know what you're looking at. Some of the former players break it down for you to finally realize what you're looking at
A couple of clarifications for you:

Me showing you the error of your prior statements about BAP is NOT me "getting my feelings hurt." 
Don't get it twisted. We're debating a draft strategy. There are no feelings. 

You're the guy that went on and on about BAP no matter what, and "Bruce Arians always only takes the highest graded player," before you started your backpedaling with "the rule not being set in stone" etc. etc. 
But please, continue to contradict yourself as you already have in this thread and several others. 

You should just own up to being OK with taking need over BAP sometimes just like every GM in the draft does every year, since that's what you've backpedaled to.

What about Fournette ? They still haven't picked up Fournette’s fifth-year option. Is it possible to trade him and draft a RB between the 4th and 7th round ?

Jay Gruden likes pass catching RB, I like Lamical Perine but not sure he will be there in the 4th/5th round.

(03-23-2020, 07:23 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: What about Fournette ? They still haven't picked up Fournette’s fifth-year option. Is it possible to trade him and draft a RB between the 4th and 7th round ?

Jay Gruden likes pass catching RB, I like Lamical Perine but not sure he will be there in the 4th/5th round.

Fournette lead the team in receptions last year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-20-2020, 10:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 10:44 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
Why are you being such a jerk NYC?
You're usually not like that.

I consider myself a BAP drafter, but it's not etched in stone. If the drop off in quality from BAP to a "need" player is large (think Roethlisberger vs. Reggie Williams) then you try to get a good trade value for the slot and player. If you can't get what you think is a fair trade you take the best player, need or not. But if the difference is marginal then go ahead and pick the position you need over the slightly higher rated "box safety."

Personally I consider box safeties a dime a dozen, but that's neither here nor there.

He is a great mod isn't he? haha pathetic

considering what he has to put up with....do you blame him?

marging back into the topic though (hint hint), I'm really happy with the moves we've made in FA. I didn't see Simmons falling to 9, so Schobert takes away some of the desperation we had at LB, and after three years, there's value there to either keep him around if he fits well, or move on.

We still have need at DT and CB, and both of those positions have a good chance of being the pick at 9, in either Brown/Kinlaw or Okudah. We signed a couple of middling guys at each position so we do not have a vacuum at the spot, but neither signing was cost prohibitive to force them into starting or even sticking around long-term due to cap implications.
I think we still need to bring some depth to the O line - maybe not a day-one starter, but someone who can be early depth and eventually take over. We should know by know that injuries on the line are not a question of if, but when.

Is everyone content with our QB depth, or do you see that as something we still address either in FA or darft?

Team needs?

Just about everything.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The RB rooms needs upgraded.

The Broncos just signed Melvin Gordon. I would offer the Broncos a 6th rounder for either Freeman or Lindsay. They are both really good and Lindsay is very good on 3rd down.

(03-26-2020, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: The RB rooms needs upgraded.

The Broncos just signed Melvin Gordon. I would offer the Broncos a 6th rounder for either Freeman or Lindsay. They are both really good and Lindsay is very good on 3rd down.

Lindsay would be a nice addition. I wouldn't mind Cam Akers, Michael Warren & Eno Benjamin from this draft as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Lindsay for a 6th would be great as long as his contract isn't ridiculous.

(03-26-2020, 01:45 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Lindsay for a 6th would be great as long as his contract isn't ridiculous.
He was an undrafted rookie 2 years ago. I’m sure his contract is fine.

1. CB (need two in first few rounds)
2. LT (this would solve RG too by moving Cam)
3. NT/DT (not as big to me as others now that we have Woods, just add another fatty like Benito Jones late)
4. RG
5. TE
6. FS
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Team definitely needs a better LT, and it’s in play for #9/20. If they take one, what do you do with Robinson? I believe he has played LT his entire college/pro career, is he capable of playing RG? Wouldn’t it be much easier for him to move to LG?

He’s been injured a bit so far during his time with the Jags, maybe add a RG prospect early to compete for the spot and be quality depth Incase he gets hurt.

Or maybe they go one more year with CROB at LT and go RG early in the draft.

(03-28-2020, 05:01 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Team definitely needs a better LT, and it’s in play for #9/20. If they take one, what do you do with Robinson? I believe he has played LT his entire college/pro career, is he capable of playing RG? Wouldn’t it be much easier for him to move to LG?

He’s been injured a bit so far during his time with the Jags, maybe add a RG prospect early to compete for the spot and be quality depth Incase he gets hurt.

Wirfs seems to be a perfect fit. He could compete at both LT and RG. If he can't beat Cam in training cap, he can play RG, but if Cam gets hurt he could slide over to LT based on his training camp work.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I feel like if we pickup Kinlaw/Brown and one of the top CBs left at 20. Keep Yan, if not pickup Clowney. Pickup Eric Reid for our veteran in the secondary. Trade back in to the 1stt with whatever we get for Yan, pickup best available OT. Then pickup best available WR with our second Rd 9th pick. Then whatever else is needed throughout the draft, we might be able to really compete next year.

I believe Minshew will be solid for us. Not sure if we should pickup Winston or interfere with him as a starter by picking up Cam Newton

1. Cornerback
2. Offensive line
3. Defensive tackle
4. Wide receiver
5. Defensive end (if Yann traded)
6. Safety

If Caldwell is able to work trades on draft day, he can realistically address most of these needs. I could see the Jags ending up with Derrick Brown, C.J. Henderson, Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson, Austin Jackson and Bradley Anae after acquiring another 1st rounder for Yann. All of these players would either start immediately or at least be part of a rotation (Anae).

With his late round picks, Caldwell can add another safety, running back and linebacker. Forget about taking a q.b. They need to see what Minshew can do with some experience and whether they'll need to use their 1st pick in 2021-22 on this position.

We filled in some pieces.. I believe we need to draft an OT with our first pick, and then a DT with our next first round pick. After that, G, TE, CB, Safety, and LB

Current gut feel on how Jags address need in this draft:
I really think the Jags wil take a corner within their first three picks and they'll take a receiver at 116 or sooner.

I can't for the life of me figure out if they'll take advantage of a nice OT class early on or not. I think they should.

I also think a receiving back and a TE are being targeted, but it may be middle rounds for those guys.

DT is anyone's guess as there are a few guys worthy in the early rounds, but the FA signings may suggest they'll platoon a couple "solid" vets with a middle round "phone booth" space eater.

Safety and edge rusher could pop into the mix unexpectedly in the first 3 rounds. Depends on Yan and free agency safety action.

(03-28-2020, 05:01 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Team definitely needs a better LT, and it’s in play for #9/20. If they take one, what do you do with Robinson? I believe he has played LT his entire college/pro career, is he capable of playing RG? Wouldn’t it be much easier for him to move to LG?

Even if he can't play RG, keep him around as a swing tackle until his deal expires. Valuable depth.